Preview Round 1, 2015 - Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly says
I wouldn't think all of Tim Broomhead, Patty Karnezis, Paul Seedsman and Jordan De Goey are "locks" for round one.
I know he stuffed up. Just think Karnezis, Broomhead and Seedsman are all locks. According to their fans and what Buckley's had to say to the media lately that is. Broomhead kicked three on Gardiner last time around IIRC.

For those not going on Saturday we have this bloke to look forward to.

Oh Boy, weewow

The forecast has been slightly changed indicating that the showers will be in the morning/afternoon.

Forecast will probably change a few times before then. 4 days out, you won't find a great deal of finesse WRT timing of rainfall. It'd worth noting that the BOM Brisbane forecast is largely automated these days. FWIW the State Forecast is still manually written and sometimes more informative.

I know he stuffed up. Just think Karnezis, Broomhead and Seedsman are all locks. According to their fans and what Buckley's had to say to the media lately that is. Broomhead kicked three on Gardiner last time around IIRC.
I remember one of those goals in particular at the very start. He stole it from a free kick to Cloke and ran into an open goal square.

Teams are obviously not out yet...but I think the Pies will run out something like this:

Langdon N.Brown Toovey

Seedsman Frost Williams

Varcoe Pendlebury Sidebottom

Elliott Cloke Blair

Goldsack White Fasolo

Grundy Swan Adams

Witts Broomhead Crisp

De Goey (S)

Not a great team, and one that we should beat - as long as those in bold don't get off the chain in a big way :cool:

Lions by 41pts :thumbsu:

Teams are obviously not out yet...but I think the Pies will run out something like this:

Langdon N.Brown Toovey

Seedsman Frost Williams

Varcoe Pendlebury Sidebottom

Elliott Cloke Blair

Goldsack White Fasolo

Grundy Swan Adams

Witts Broomhead Crisp

De Goey (S)

Not a great team, and one that we should beat - as long as those in bold don't get off the chain in a big way :cool:

Lions by 41pts :thumbsu:
That defence looks very weak.

Actually looks weaker than I expected - just hope we get off to a good start and role from there

Clearly says
I wouldn't think all of Tim Broomhead, Patty Karnezis, Paul Seedsman and Jordan De Goey are "locks" for round one.
They are far from locks. Seedman is just back from a very limited pre season and limited VFL game time. Would be very underdone. Would be a surprise selection and if in a bit of a desperate pick. . Broomhead has had a poor pre season, although played well against a very weak Richmond VFL side last week. Karnezis had one good game in NAB 1 then faded for rest of pre season. If any of these 3 play it will be on the back of Thomas being gone. De Goey has been easily the best of the 4 but is a kid so they may wait.

Crisp has been handy and is a chance to be selected. As an aside does anyone on your board know if there is their bad blood between Beams and Crisp. Beams had a go at Crisp on Twitter over only getting a $5K fine. Wasn't aware of any problems but not the usual to complain another players fine is too lenient .

Crisp has been handy and is a chance to be selected. As an aside does anyone on your board know if there is their bad blood between Beams and Crisp. Beams had a go at Crisp on Twitter over only getting a $5K fine. Wasn't aware of any problems but not the usual to complain another players fine is too lenient .

Beams was defending his old mate Heater's *high* fine, not lamenting Crisp's low fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams was defending his old mate Heater's *high* fine, not lamenting Crisp's low fine.
Maybe but he put $5k???. Read it as he was saying why only 5k why not $20K and suspension like Heater. Thought maybe he was trying to wind the Pies up as he said the day before in an interview he was going to throw a few bombs at his old teammates to stir them up

Maybe but he put $5k???. Read it as he was saying why only 5k why not $20K and suspension like Heater. Thought maybe he was trying to wind the Pies up as he said the day before in an interview he was going to throw a few bombs at his old teammates to stir them up

Yes, and I think if Heater's fine was 5k he wouldn't have even tweeted it.

He was going to throw a few bombs by text messages, I believe.

Hopefully we get all the rain over and done with before Saturday. Kinda takes the excitement out of it if we have to play wet weather footy.

Amen.

The next few days of rain will guarantee that even if it clears by Saturday night it will be an ugly slog and heavy under foot. The Zorks/Green/Lewy footspeed advantage will be weakened, but our forward pressure strategy from those guys will be even more important.

I think that this all but guarantees Robinson a gig in the starting 22 with his pressure and hard body. He'll be needed.

The next few days of rain will guarantee that even if it clears by Saturday night it will be an ugly slog and heavy under foot. The Zorks/Green/Lewy footspeed advantage will be weakened, but our forward pressure strategy from those guys will be even more important.

I think that this all but guarantees Robinson a gig in the starting 22 with his pressure and hard body. He'll be needed.
It is swings and roundabouts though as it potentially negates Cloke's marking power which is something that we'd be concerned about. On our side, it means our untested forward structure is less likely to be exposed.

Wet weather becomes about winning the contest and if Collingwood crack in harder, we'll lose. I think it is that simple.

It is swings and roundabouts though as it potentially negates Cloke's marking power which is something that we'd be concerned about. On our side, it means our untested forward structure is less likely to be exposed.

Wet weather becomes about winning the contest and if Collingwood crack in harder, we'll lose. I think it is that simple.

I think we should win either way, but yes; if it's wet - Cloke becomes a little more easy to deal with :thumbsu:

Yeah agreed, if Collingwood stick to the 'bomb it on Cloke's head' approach, Merrett will have a field day.

On the contested footy, I think that Redden, Rocky, Christensen and Robbo will potentially swing that one our way. Swan will be a bulldozer but I'm unsure if any of the other regular Pies onballers will make up for some of the Lions big bodies. As you say though, it will be about intent on the day. I hope they are ready for the season, that being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back