No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so CharlieCrow mentioned yesterday that an announcement regardings Rory's contract was soon and today we hear reports\and from Sloaney that they are working on some thing details. Sounds like CharlieCrow has some kind of intel and could it suggest that the club knows patty's intentions? double signing on the eve of the first round? yes plzzzzzzzzzzz

Pavlich while he will be labelled as a one team player apparently in the early 00s was all but set to come back to SA before Ayres decided he wanted Carey more so. Very very sad to think of what may have been with a blue chip forward in 05 and 06.

Aish had a solid debut season, scary to think with 3-4 solid preseasons into him what kind of player he will become. Really crucial we get back as many good SA players that we can. Im just sick and tied of the talent we have lost over the last 5 years.

Wow, my opinion of Ayres just went lower. Now he is in Robert Shaw territory. And I thought the idea of missing Daniel Wells was bad. Oh well, at least they got Jason Torney.

Not necessarily. Were Sydney closer to a flag because Buddy went there ... or did him and Tippett change that team's make-up so much that it might of cost them one?

An interesting point for sure.

I think they are closer with Buddy, but I think they've 2 main stumbling blocks since 2012. Firstly they were seriously lucky to snag a flag in 12, they weren't the best team. Tippett has hurt them, in terms of distractions, regular injury and potentially culturally from a bad contract point of view. I don't think they'd be happy to do that deal again.

I'm starting to wonder if Crows and Cats have a trade ready to roll out the end of year.
Trading 10 down to 14 a sweetner we gave up this year perhaps.
Tinfoil hat, bizarre musings - yeah sure. But I'll be interested to see if anything else starts to line up with that theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to wonder if Crows and Cats have a trade ready to roll out the end of year.
Trading 10 down to 14 a sweetner we gave up this year perhaps.
Tinfoil hat, bizarre musings - yeah sure. But I'll be interested to see if anything else starts to line up with that theory.

If that was even a remote possibility why
would we be the ones to trade down?

They are the ones that should be kicking in sweeteners. Also if we knee danger was gone, surely picking a danger clone like cockatoo would have shot up the priority list.

I think you are clutching at straws big fella. It remains nothing more than a very bad decision.

We wouldn't be so stupid...

oil-paper-shredder-800x800.jpg

If that was even a remote possibility why
would we be the ones to trade down?

They are the ones that should be kicking in sweeteners. Also if we knee danger was gone, surely picking a danger clone like cockatoo would have shot up the priority list.

I think you are clutching at straws big fella. It remains nothing more than a very bad decision.
I think you're probably right mate.

An alternative point of view:

Lot of people talking about danger being respected in adelaide if he stays, he'd be a god here, post career etc etc

But what good is that if he doesn't plan on living here when he's done?
Had Sydney known buddy was coming a year later I'm sure they wouldn't have gone for Tippett.

Tippett has hurt them, in terms of distractions, regular injury and potentially culturally from a bad contract point of view. I don't think they'd be happy to do that deal again.

Disagree here. Are Sydney a better side with Kurt Tippett in the forward line? The answer is 100% yes. I am just not sure how he has hurt them from a culture perspective? They still made the prelim in 2013 and the grand final in 2014 losing key finals to one of the greatest sides in the history of the AFL.

The deal really didn't hurt them from a bad contract deal either. They went out and signed one of the games top 3 players the following year.

His injury problems are also a bit overstated. The Swans knew he would miss the first 11 games of 2013 before the signed him. Since then he has played 26 of a possible 37 games. Those 11 games he missed were all on the back of the knee injury that happened in the semi final vs Carlton.

I am happy to accept that he probably hasn't been a value for money pickup - but the Swans don't really give a s**t. They are the smartest salary cap operators in the game and have been massively helped by the COLA. Swans would absolutely still do this deal.

Wow, my opinion of Ayres just went lower. Now he is in Robert Shaw territory. And I thought the idea of missing Daniel Wells was bad. Oh well, at least they got Jason Torney.

Wells was never ours really, we traded pick 4 to the Roos, it was later changed to pick 2 due to the Carlton affair. Both Richmond and Adelaide went on record as saying they wouldn't have traded the pick if they'd known. The big mistake was most definitely ignoring Pavlich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back