No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me annoyed that a supposed government anti-doping organisation would use bullying tactics for political gain. I knew the media circus was to use the public pressure to gain a guilty verdict, while knowing that there was not enough evidence to get the players.

THE ANTI-doping tribunal’s full verdict on the Essendon supplements saga finds that ASADA failed to make a convincing case in any of its four key assertions.

Significant excerpts of the 133-page report, only released to the parties in the case, have been obtained by the Herald Sun.

The report appears to be extremely damning for ASADA.

Three members of the tribunal who considered ASADA’s case that Essendon players had been injected with the banned performance-enhancing drug Thymosin beta-4 ruled that each of the agency’s main arguments were manifestly flawed.

READ MORE: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...against-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1227286990626

This makes us ask this question again, why the * did McDipshit go forth with the SC notices when his own lawyers and investigators stated that the evidence was weak?

This makes us ask this question again, why the **** did McDipshit go forth with the SC notices when his own lawyers and investigators stated that the evidence was weak?
He thought he could force a deal on the players like Cronulla is my bet. And aren't they pissed off this morning.

She's Caros sister...what would you expect, think we should run a poll for the best placard to stick it up em maybe a threesome shot, Caro and Rebecca dressed up in drag so they looked like women and Hutchy as the gimp..Then Hirdy comes in all Bruce Willis like in Pulp Fiction...
But I'd settle for some more of this..
View attachment 120391 View attachment 120392 View attachment 120393 View attachment 120394 View attachment 120391
Fire up boys..the inspiration is there...
Sportsbet sent me a promo, where if you put $100 on any team to win the flag each time that team wins a home and away game I get a free $10 bonus bet...So 12-16 wins =$120-160 in bonus bets....Join in the fun, into $26 already though.Need to place the bet before Thursday nights game to be eligible....

Im on that, my email was minimum $50 bet gives you $5 free bet each round.

Serious question.

Is this the longest thread in Bigfooty history ???
Almost certainly. The mega thread that existed between February and August 2013 had 28k posts too. So combine the two, and we're at 80k now.

The slower pace of the morning after leads me to reflect that, even though we were found not guilty, this club still ****ed up monumentally and that is not okay. How on earth we ever got in this position is something the club has hopefully learnt from, and hopefully has processes in place to ensure it never happens again. That we got in this position is not anyone's fault but the club's.

Onwards and upwards.

The slower pace of the morning after leads me to reflect that, even though we were found not guilty, this club still stuffed up monumentally and that is not okay. How on earth we ever got in this position is something the club has hopefully learnt from, and hopefully has processes in place to ensure it never happens again. That we got in this position is not anyone's fault but the club's.

Onwards and upwards.
James Hird admitted to mistakes being made in his presser.
Realistically we all knew that mistakes were made and those mistakes have got us to where we are now.

Yes Onwards and Upwards

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...against-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1227286990626
THE ANTI-doping tribunal’s full verdict on the Essendon supplements saga finds that ASADA failed to make a convincing case in any of its four key assertions.

Significant excerpts of the 133-page report, only released to the parties in the case, have been obtained by the Herald Sun.

The report goes on: “After considering the submissions of the parties (and) assessing the evidence ... the tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the 0.25g of the substance purported to be TB4 in the first shipment from China delivered to Mr Alavi was, in fact, TB4.”

The slower pace of the morning after leads me to reflect that, even though we were found not guilty, this club still stuffed up monumentally and that is not okay. How on earth we ever got in this position is something the club has hopefully learnt from, and hopefully has processes in place to ensure it never happens again. That we got in this position is not anyone's fault but the club's.

Onwards and upwards.

yeah 100% correct - listening to sen just now there was something about NLM receiving more than 20 injections on the one day - how that can even be considered let alone actually implemented as part of a program is just insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...against-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1227286990626

The report goes on: “After considering the submissions of the parties (and) assessing the evidence ... the tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the 0.25g of the substance purported to be TB4 in the first shipment from China delivered to Mr Alavi was, in fact, TB4.”

From the article >

“After considering the submissions of the parties and assessing the evidence the tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the 0.25g of the substance purported to be TB4 in the first shipment from China delivered to Mr Alavi was, in fact, TB4.”

Sources told the Herald Sun that ASADA not only failed to make a convincing argument that either of the two alleged shipments contained Thymosin beta-4, but also could not prove they went to the pharmacist Mr Alavi.

The tribunal also found that the anti-doping agency was unable to make a compelling case that the substance was provided to former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank.

“This is a disaster for ASADA and the AFL,’’ a source close to the joint investigation said.

First to admit we as a club stuffed up with the way we implemented the program. But by geez ASADA stuffed up.

We've admitted our mistakes. I wonder if ASADA will? Can't wait to hear what they have to say.

The hysterical media people have taken one across the bowel.

I'd like to send some social media flowers to the following:

Caroline Wilson
Damien Barrett
Jon Ralph
Patrick Smith
Rebecca Wilson
Craig Hutchison

Take the negative reporting and bitterness away, and what remains is the great game

First to admit we as a club stuffed up with the way we implemented the program. But by geez ASADA stuffed up.

We've admitted our mistakes. I wonder if ASADA will? Can't wait to hear what they have to say.
I think it was more than a stuff up. The report suggests they just never had the evidence to link TB4 to charter, then to alavi, then to dank, then to essendon, and finally to the players

From the article >

“After considering the submissions of the parties and assessing the evidence the tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the 0.25g of the substance purported to be TB4 in the first shipment from China delivered to Mr Alavi was, in fact, TB4.”

Sources told the Herald Sun that ASADA not only failed to make a convincing argument that either of the two alleged shipments contained Thymosin beta-4, but also could not prove they went to the pharmacist Mr Alavi.

The tribunal also found that the anti-doping agency was unable to make a compelling case that the substance was provided to former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank.

“This is a disaster for ASADA and the AFL,’’ a source close to the joint investigation said.

Precisely what Mr Francis had tried to emphasise.

At every step, the ASADA case looked weak and highly speculative.

ASADA played a game of bluff, and in the end they were forced to show their empty hand. How embarrassment (LOL).

I agree.

The Cronulla players fell for the bluff (but got a wet lettuce slap in return).

To the credit of your players, they hung tough and withstood the bully boy tactics, but what a toll on their mental well being.

This makes us ask this question again, why the **** did McDipshit go forth with the SC notices when his own lawyers and investigators stated that the evidence was weak?
Given his comments yesterday, it feels like he has a massive problem with the idea of anyone doing injections, and perhaps he just became a crusader and lost perspective.

They did INJECTIONS - - - > they MUST be destroyed.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...ay-ends-brightly/story-fnca0u4y-1227286945513

Essendon ASADA Final Verdict: ‘Blackest day’ ends brightly

• CHIP LE GRAND
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority will come under fierce pressure to explain why it ignored the advice of its own investigators and pushed ahead with a case against Essendon players it was told it was unlikely to win.

An AFL tribunal chaired by retired Victorian County Court judge David Jones yesterday found ASADA failed to prove its case that 34 current and former Essendon players took a banned peptide as part of the club’s disastrous 2012 season supplement regime overseen by sports scientist Stephen Dank. At the Pullman Hotel in the Melbourne suburb of Albert Park, the tribunal’s findings were met with enormous relief by current Essendon players who had gathered to watch the judgment handed down, via video link, on a big screen.

At ASADA’s Fyshwick headquarters, the mood was more sombre. For two years, since suspicions of drug use and criminal involvement at AFL and NRL clubs were aired at a press conference attended by two Gillard government ministers, the Australian Crime Commission, ASADA and the chiefs of the major professional sports, ASADA has pursued doping allegations at Essendon.

The release of the ACC report into organised crime and sport, dubbed the blackest day in Australian Sport, set anti-doping investigators the unenviable task of having to gather evidence with intense publicity and at times, political pressure surrounding their work.

ASADA will consider whether to appeal the decision to an AFL appeals board and beyond that, the Court of Arbitration in Sport. The World Anti-Doping Agency can also take the case straight to the CAS.

The tribunal’s reasons, although not yet published, are understood to be emphatic in their rejection of the ASADA case that the banned peptide Thymosin Beta 4 was injected by Dank into Essendon players.

ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt, while making no comment on the likelihood of an appeal, defended the decision to bring the case to hearing.

“What happened at Essendon in 2012 was, in my opinion, absolutely and utterly disgraceful,’’ Mr McDevitt said. “It was not a supplements program but an injection regime and the players and the fans were so poorly let down by the club.’’ Essendon was contrite and measured in its response to the tribunal judgment. It hopes the tribunal’s decision will bring to an end an extraordinary saga that has ended careers, destroyed friendships and threatened at various time to tear the club apart.

Had the 17 Essendon players among the 34 accused of taking a banned substance been found guilty, the likely suspensions would have wiped out the club’s entire 2015 season. With the doping scandal threatening to overshadow the start of a third consecutive season, AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan said it was time for the game to move on.

The ASADA investigators, in their final report submitted to the anti-doping authority’s former chief executive Aurora Andruska early last year, concluded that although they believed banned drugs were taken at Essendon, the case would be impossible to prove.

Ms Andruska and her successor Mr McDevitt, after seeking further advice from anti-doping experts including Richard Young, the US-based lawyer who led the successful prosecutions of the Lance Armstrong doping case, decided to push on with the case.

Essendon chairman Paul Little yesterday reiterated his “sincere regret’’ for the 2012 program, which resulted in players being injected with unknown substances. Bombers coach James Hird, who served a year’s suspension and came close to losing his job at several times, apologised for the poor management and governance at his club.

He took aim at how the anti-doping investigation and prosecution was handled. “The constant leaks out of the system and out of the investigation and the process would say that the players don’t have total trust in that system. I mean, how could you? You got to an interview and you pick up a paper a day later and your entire interview is in the paper,’’ he said.

“Among the playing group there is disappointment in the way this was run.

“There was disappointment in us as a club, there is no doubt about that, and the things that happened, but there is huge disappointment in the fact that the process wasn’t run as ASADA’s rules say it should be run.’’

The tribunal’s judgment has reduced the likelihood of Essendon players seeking legal redress from the club. Essendon captain Jobe Watson said the anger felt by players had receded. “I think the players are well within their rights to have had anger over a period of time, to be concerned about that, but I know that the playing group want to move on,” he said.

The tribunal is yet to hand down its finding in the case against Dank. He is charged with 24 breaches of anti-doping rules from his work at Essendon and the Gold Coast Suns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back