No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

The Cronulla players fell for the bluff (but got a wet lettuce slap in return).

To the credit of your players, they hung tough and withstood the bully boy tactics, but what a toll on their mental well being.

Tim Watson admitted as much this morning on SEN regarding Joel and the toll all this has had on him.

Once our players who had been provisionally suspended complete their pre-season - probably about round 4 - I think the now unencumbered group will produce some exciting football.

Evans had a choice, back Essendon or Vlad. He chose Vlad and ran.

He is not a friend of Essendon supporters

Give it a spell. He loves this club and poured mountains of his own time and money in.

He faced an unprecedented situation and handled it best he could.

This makes us ask this question again, why the **** did McDipshit go forth with the SC notices when his own lawyers and investigators stated that the evidence was weak?

Love the selective quoting of excerpts from Fairfax and News Ltd. Fairfax trying to reinforce the EFC derelict and lucky line....

Me thinks pressure will build on Gill

It will be interesting to see whether ASADA make a call today on whether they will appeal or not. Chip said on SEN "what's the hurry" as ASADA have 21 days."

The way ASADA have purposely dragged this thing out Chip may well be proven right.

This makes us ask this question again, why the **** did McDipshit go forth with the SC notices when his own lawyers and investigators stated that the evidence was weak?
And to then pontificate about player wellbeing considering the 9 months of trauma since

Give it a spell. He loves this club and poured mountains of his own time and money in.

He faced an unprecedented situation and handled it best he could.

Doesn't mean he didn't make it worse, though.

He was a poor leader and handled it like it was part of a job application to his position on the commission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hysterical media people have taken one across the bowel.

I'd like to send some social media flowers to the following:

Caroline Wilson
Damien Barrett
Jon Ralph
Patrick Smith
Rebecca Wilson
Craig Hutchison

Take the negative reporting and bitterness away, and what remains is the great game

How pathetic was Barrett last night on FC, spoke for a few minutes and basically said nothing. What a hack

The slower pace of the morning after leads me to reflect that, even though we were found not guilty, this club still stuffed up monumentally and that is not okay. How on earth we ever got in this position is something the club has hopefully learnt from, and hopefully has processes in place to ensure it never happens again. That we got in this position is not anyone's fault but the club's.

Onwards and upwards.

There's no doubt we stuffed up royally, and we were punished incredibly hard for that in 2013.

Yesterday is all about the players and nobody else as far as I'm concerned. I am so proud of that bunch of blokes, even those that left in Ryder and Crameri, to stick fat and not cave in when faced with overwhelming scaremongering and negativity.

This club is stronger than anyone gave it credit for. The club stuffed up, copped our whack, everyone (admin, coaches, players, supporters) stuck together, and now we're out the other side. We're not completely out of the woods yet but geez we're close.

We're still here, we're strong, WE ARE MOTHER ******* ESSENDON!

No one has spoken publicly about what went on FFS.

Are we really pinning this on Evans? REALLY?

Get some god damn ******* perspective people.

The players, Hird, Thompson and Little have all fronted the media to discuss the issue. These guys have stood their ground and came through the other side. David Evans however is weak and is nowhere to be seen.

Doesn't mean he didn't make it worse, though.

He was a poor leader and handled it like it was part of a job application to his position on the commission.

Players needed someone to stand by them at all costs and declare their innocence. The president cutting deals and treating the players as pawns in the management of the scandal was almost as worse as the events of 2012/2012.

ASADA took over 2 years to gather evidence and produced a weak case. In hindsight, thinking that the AFL and ASADA had proof unequivocal proof of PED usage in Jan 2013 was pathetic.

This has always been an issue for me and shines a bright spotlight on the manner in which the AFL have been controlling this. You would think that one day Hird asked to hire Dank and that he crawled out from under a desk and began his first AFL job. Nope. He came from the AFL-constructed Gold Coast Suns. He was "bad news" enough apparently to punish those that hired him for not checking his past, but again, he was at the AFL-constructed GC Suns. If anything that's a gold stamp on someone that this person is okay as far as the AFL is concerned.

Who knows what he did at Gold Coast. But the fact that we hear NOTHING about it is staggering, telling, whatever you want to call it

The Gold Coast CEO at the time was Travis Auld. And where is he now? Promoted to a role at AFL...laughable

I can't stand Rucci, who for those playing at home is chief football writer in The Advertiser, but this is the best article he's penned on the saga. For the first time he's dealing in facts with minimal bias being thrown in. I really liked the closing paragraph though, it's one of the first inclinations from a journo from one of the major publications that the thing had been orchestrated.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...tralian-football/story-fnia3nqh-1227286819181

But not in doubt any more is Little’s belief that Essendon erred in self-reporting more than two years ago. His club did have a case to answer, but — on yesterday’s verdict — it was a question based on poor record-keeping at Windy Hill in 2012 and not the scandal ASADA and the AFL tried to write in 2013.

Evans made a poor choice. He was out of his depth with all the politicking and it showed.

However I will always respect him for what he did for the club prior to February 2013- we wouldn't have the HPC without him. And frankly, I find the attacks on his character pretty tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back