No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be only female journos there (nothing wrong with that, just an observation) - Sam Lane asking some hard hitting questions!!

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Can someone clarify for me, why exactly was AOD not pursued again?

Need to settle an argument with a Collingwood flog who's using the fact Jobe "admitted" to cheating is proof of our guilt
it's not clear, there are a few schools of thought. The prevailing one is that ASADA gave faulty information to EFC and other parties. However whilst I think that's a factor, I also think the S0 loophole of using a compounding chemist had legs

Looking forward tonight to The Footy Show work apprentice kid interviewing Dank at the front gate of his place with a handful of groceries.

Looking forward tonight to The Footy Show work apprentice kid interviewing Dank at the front gate of his place with a handful of groceries.
I hope the gate has been fixed.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Richard Ings calling it like it is today :

Ben McDevitt comment: "We don't know what these players were administered".

Ings: "How can BM says that? He is prosecuting TB4 alleged use".

Ings: "Mate for goodness sake time to wrap up. You are digging a hole here'.

:D Oh dear. Oh dear Ben! This isn't going well.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
- 'We are not a police agency, we don't want to be a police agency'
- Reports that Essendon samples will be stored for 7 years. 'Saying that they are keeping them and will test them in the future'
- Have Essendon be properly punished.. 'he said that there was possible illegal injections'
- Saying there is no test for TB4 meaning it was impossible to find it in a test.. (I think that's wrong)
- Does ASADA accept the chance of any civil damages in the future. 'no'
- Does the likeness of the appeal rest on Dank coming forward. 'no, we will appeal indepently from that' (won't happen)
- How comfortable are you that Hird and Reid are still at the club. 'it's up to the club, it's their decision'
- Saying Cronilla, Essendon case was completely different
- Sounds like they will wait for the Dank result before deciding on an appeal
- Saying that Ings has a lot to say.. haha. They don't like each other. 'He doesn't subsribe to the view that ex CEOs should ride off into the wind quietly'

ALL DONE
... I can't believe this has gone on for 50 mins.. this will be killing my d/l allocation on my phone. 50 mins of dribble and tears

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
it's not clear, there are a few schools of thought. The prevailing one is that ASADA gave faulty information to EFC and other parties. However whilst I think that's a factor, I also think the S0 loophole of using a compounding chemist had legs
At the end of the day, I blame ASADA for not making it clear exactly why they decided not to proceed with the AOD prosecution.

Given WADA's public statements about AOD and the amount of intense pressure placed on EFC for months over this, ASADA had a duty to explain clearly why they backed away from a prosecution.

And no, just saying 'it wouldn't be fair to the players' is not making it clear.

scottmclaren

All Australian
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
ASADA need to answer some serious questions.

mcDonut says he believes "thymosin" refers to TB4

The leaks from the tribunal today confirm that a single shipment of TB4 or TB500 from China was what the 34 charges were based on.

Either Dank out smarted them and sourced thousands of vials of TB4 from elsewhere, or players were always given something else.

ASADA had no intention of finding the truth or facts, they were looking for any sort of conviction from day 1.

Please do not suggest self reporting was helpful.

Promises mountains and performs molehills.

Can RoRo please replace Caro and McKenzie/Baker in those shitty Age ads now?

Ahh, the last of the HTB are now really hanging all their hopes on ASADA/WADA appealing ... what is going to happen to the poor folk if it doesn't happen? What will they live for?

Serious Question: Should Caroline Wilson be forced to hand back her Walkley? Given that it has now been proven that the basis of all of her articles was a steaming pile of crap.

edit: only a little bit serious. (about the Walkley not the basis of her articles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back