Preview Round 1: St Kilda vs GWS, Etihad Stadium @1:10pm - Sunday 5th April

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riewoldt will continue to play in the position he always has.

Not sure why people think that will change now.

Sinclair, Lonie to debut.

Probably cause the club has been pushing Roo further up the ground in recent times.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427785380.128461.jpg

I'm not saying he's going to be running around chasing easy kicks at HB but I think it's fair to say he'll be marking the ball a lot near the wing or a bit higher and when he (or anyone else for that matter) look towards HF or deeper there's going to be a lot more options instead of just looking at one. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

“Leigh is well ahead of schedule and looks like being available after twisting his knee in NAB 3,” St Kilda Head Physiotherapist Andrew Wallis told SAINTS.com.au.

In a another bonus ahead of the season opener, Jack Billings and Shane Savage will be available for selection after recovering from hamstring strains.

Billings and Savage are two of St Kilda’s finest ball users and will add significant polish to Alan Richardson’s team if they are selected.

“Shane and Jack have trained for two weeks now,” Wallis said.

“We have listed them as a test so obviously they have to get through but both should be available.”

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-03-31/injury-report

View attachment 120241

I'm not saying he's going to be running around chasing easy kicks at HB but I think it's fair to say he'll be marking the ball a lot near the wing or a bit higher and when he (or anyone else for that matter) look towards HF or deeper there's going to be a lot more options instead of just looking at one. That's what I'm hoping anyway.
What Q&A was that from?

Predictions:
- Weller to bury Griffen into the turf inside the first 10 and do his AC.
- Armo head-to-head with Ward in a battle that will cause 'quakes.
- Fisher to quell the dangerous McCarthy, with a bit of help from Dempster.
- Delaney to crunch Cameron where possible (fairly).
- Steven to play a more outside role and use his pace.
- Hickey and Longer to play a role forward in causing spillages for Lonie, Saad and Billings to exploit.
- Membrey and Bruce to crunch packs and Brucey to finally hit the scoreboard.

God I hope not!

Good luck Sunday Sainters fans.

Was at the Etihad game last year when Templeton and Riewoldt were immense. I'm hoping the champion Roo is a little quieter this year round. Although with his tragic off-season it wouldn't surprise me if he came out and kicked 12 in his sisters' honour.

It's rather quite difficult to ascertain whether or not Roo will come back this week, or even in the near future, for that matter. There are very few things that would be more devastating than what happened, so a prolonged absence would be more than understandable. However, having said that, there are factors indicating a more imminent return, such as his seemingly high sense of responsibility, and an attitude that is highly central to work ethic. In some ways, it would be as equally justifiable and logical for him to come back this week, as it would be to not make an appearance at all this season.

Hmm. Interesting the club changed this photo and replaced Nick Riewoldt with Armo. Wonder if it could mean Rooey won't play this week? I completely understand if he doesn't play. Just interesting the club replaced him with Armo as it was Ward and Rooey about an hour ago.View attachment 120232

I hope it might means that Armo is looking to smash Wardy in contested ball come Sunday arvo and lead the saints to victory!
Common Sainters, lets smash these AFL funded newbies Round 1 and show them our youngsters are just as talented and keen as theirs!

Gosh golly and Fraser Gehrig I'm glad I'm on BigFooty. Quick glance over at SS is depressing, to say the most. Bunch of people saying it won't be worth going, no one will turn up, yadda yadda yadda. BigFooty is a shining beacon of optimism by comparison. Excited to be going on Sunday and hope we get a win.

In order for us to win, our forward entries inside 50 need to be clean. I believe we will be smashed in the centre, so when we do get our hands on the ball, it is imperative that we nail our targets (unlikely though after watching our disposal in the NAB Cup) & move the ball quickly.

If Roo doesnt play, then Lee or White has to come in. For mine, McCartin plays.

The forward set up of:

HF: Membrey Bruce Billings
F: White/Lee McCartin Lonie/Saad

has to be the way to go. We looked like we needed another tall down there during the NAB Cup, so i don't believe anything has changed that opinion in the last 2 weeks. Membrey can play the searching hit-up role up the ground, while Bruce can play true CHF with the other talls staying deep.

If it was going to be wet, there's no way i'd play an extra tall, but at Etihad with the roof open (closed if it rains), I'd be giving it a go. The GWS defensive setup isnt too strong with Davis, Patfull & co. & I'd even be tempted to play Curren to tag Heath Shaw

The game will be close & i hope we win. All im looking forward to is having the footy back & seeing the young brigade bust their gut!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all we can say after that article is that;

FB: Geary - Delaney - Dempster
HB: XXXX - Fisher - XXXX
CR: Newnes - Weller - Steven
HF: Membrey - XXXX - XXXX
FF: XXXX - XXXX - Bruce
RK: Hickey - Dunstan - Armitage
IC: Templeton XXXX XXXX XXXX

Backs - Savage, Wright, Shenton, Roberton?

Rucks - Longer, Holmes, Pierce?

Mids - Montagna, Acres, Saunders, Sinclair?

Tall Fwds- Riewoldt, White, McCartin, Lee?

Small Fwds - Saad, Billings, Lonie?

And, missing: Gilbert, Siposs, Markworth, Ray, Ross, Webster, Murdoch, Simpkin, Minchington, Curren, Goddard, McKenzie, Payne, Schneider.

I had a dream that this game will finish 180 to the giants and 160 to us.

So a high scoring affair this one.
I'll be betting on the overs and if it doesn't come through I'll be hitting you up for my losses!

So pumped. Hope both teams put on an entertaining match. Great chance to check out the talent you lads have coming through as well.
So we can check out which young mid to target in free agency?? hehe

Think Roey will miss.

If so, praying that Spence/McCartin/Lee/Bruce can really stand up and take control of the forward line.

If Roo doesnt play...

FB:
GEARY%20Jarryn_t.png
DELANEY%20Luke_t.png
DEMPSTER%20Sean_t.png

HB:
ROBERTON%20Dylan_t.png
FISHER%20Sam_t.png
SAVAGE%20Shane_t.png

CR:
NEWNES%20Jack_t.png
WELLER%20Maverick_t.png