Why does Mike Shehan hate the tigers?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have largely brought it on ourselves.
We are the West Indies of footy.
Used to be scarily good.
Have been epically crap for a long time.
Now we have climbed from the depths of hopelessly crap to being mediocre.
And like the Windies people don't think about us all that much.
A few of the journos have spruiked Richmond revivals that turned out to be false dawns.
So Richmond won't get the benefit of the doubt because we don't deserve it. We have been the worst team in the league in the last 30 years.
The worst.
By a long way.
You can hear it everywhere. Listen to new recruits talk about coming to Richmond and they talk about a big club or proud history blah blah. They couldn't give a crap about that. They want to play in finals and win premierships. But they can't talk about that and not sound like an idiot because we haven't done anything worth talking about since before the player was born.
Our greatness is ancient history.
We'll get the respect of the journos and other clubs when we've earned it.
Ha I said that to a few Tiger fans at the Savoy bar after the norf nab cup game.

It's not just Sheehan

Add in
Rosie Connelly
Floggo Robbo
Mark Troy McLure
Tim Knob job Lane
and many others I don't care to think about

...and I don't give a rats because we are the Tigers and the rest can take a long walk off a short pier

Jonathan Brown has done the media 101 and put Richmond out of the 8.

The reverse wouldn't mean anything to me. If many of those meeja people started to praise us. I wouldn't care. The satisfaction of knowing our boys, club take their rightful place as Kings of the jungle. Well let's just say you wouldn't be able to wipe the cheesey grin off my face. And to celebrate that with my fellow Tiger heads would be enough for me...

Didnt put richo in his top 50 and it is well known he doesnt like us. But why ?
119915_ea837bf4915165a6774be9a8af251b16_thumb.jpg

This is a pisser I reckon.
I've never ever been bothered by Mike Sheahan.
I actually don't mind him.
Or any of them.
The only one in the media I can think of who I don't like is Greg Denham.
He's a condescending,arrogant,rude ******** who talks nonsense.
I have two words for you...Dermott Brereton.

Leaving Richo out wasn't that strange (there was obviously going to be some controversial omissions when you list players of that calibur). But the way he made half the article specifically about how he left out Richo was very odd. It's almost like the entire article was made simply to have a crack at Richo.
That's always how his countdowns work- the whole article is about how controversial he is and how he left player X out or put him so far down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back