Collingwood's 5 Initiatives to improve our experience...

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with Ed completely here, the majority of us go to the football to see our team play well, or at least try their bloody hearts out each week.

The best "match day experience" was when we had the reserves on pre game, got to see the future of the club play before the seniors, good thing is the AFL are trying to bring that back a bit.

They can do all the most amazing stuff on earth to make us fell "connected" to the club. But if they keep losing and playing like garbage, I don't give two shits.

That Bulldogs match really improved my supporter experience ten fold. But hey! We got a documentary out of it....right guys and girls?

$25 tickets? Could buy 22 separate tickets and save myself money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't represent the biggest club in Australia...

You don't? :(.

I do.

When folks have a crack at Collingwood supporters being toothless and feral they're more likely to be referring to me than to Ed, Bucks, Perty or anybody in our media department :D

Last edited:
Did you guys get this email too?

Here's a 6th guys, don't play like dog s**t each week.

2nd That - Player Great Footy and Try your Heart Out and People will come and watch us play.

Play Crap and bruise free footy then F**K all will turn up

The best "match day experience" was when we had the reserves on pre game, got to see the future of the club play before the seniors, good thing is the AFL are trying to bring that back a bit.

2nd That - Having Reserves Play Before the Seniors would get more people to come to the Footy as you say mattys123 that you can see the Future of the Club/Team

too family orientated..... they need to attract the hipsters..... free beard trims at half time... free selfies with cool high profile magpie supporters or td.... free boot polishing after the game...

too family orientated..... they need to attract the hipsters..... free beard trims at half time... free selfies with cool high profile magpie supporters or td.... free boot polishing after the game...
This.

It's like since I grew a beard the AFL doesn't 'get' me anymore. I can't even get a tattoo at the ground at halftime.

What do they expect me to do? Walk to Richmond or something? Have tried walking anywhere in these skinny jeans?

So umm I realise we want to win and all, and I get the whole like don't put money into stuff outside the club.. But when do you all go back to bitchin' about there not being any live streaming of VFL games on the website? And about how much money we have that should be spent on the supporters' experience? I personally thought that was more enjoyable to read about.

This.

It's like since I grew a beard the AFL doesn't 'get' me anymore. I can't even get a tattoo at the ground at halftime.

What do they expect me to do? Walk to Richmond or something? Have tried walking anywhere in these skinny jeans?

I just cant picture Ed in skinny jeans... and for god's sake dont walk to richmond...throwing yourself off the bridge at the G is a better alternative.
i cant understand Ed putting all his eggs in the family basket when we'll all be buying kids from woolies by the next decade...it seems short-sighted

Match Day experience is about playing with heart and hopefully winning.
That's tough because we shot ourselves in both feet and then cut our feet off and threw thin in Merri Creek.

Nothing wrong with tyring to improve the match day experience with superficial stuff. If it appeals to some then it's a plus. It's a million miles for what's gone horribly wrong at Collingwood though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back