No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo has it right about "we don't know what we took". Fact is the club is/was certain that they took only the drugs on the sheet. ASADA said otherwise. So Essendon couldn't be sure because they couldn't prove that Dank didn't give them something other that what was promised.

It's a bit like you thinking your ex wife was faithful during your marriage but not being able to be sure if she did the dirty on you. In the end she wasn't a great wife because you didn't get along, but that doesn't mean she did the dirty, but you'd never be able to be a 100% sure that she didn't if someone asked.
This is where Essendon stuffed up. If Dank was administering the drugs/supplements then there should have been someone else purchasing under the direction of Hamilton/Corcoran and Reid.

This is the crux of it I reckon. The evidence is insufficient because they can't get Dank to testify. All they have is what's on paper. If they could, I think it would be more likely that Dank would be in a bit of trouble.

I'm just perplexed at the spin on the judgment.

It is infuriating that essendon don't clear this furphy up. Hilariously, the reason they haven't made any detailed comment for the last couple of years is probably because there was an investigation underway - maybe they were still in cooperation mode yesterday?
the other thing is that to say that "we do know as far as we believe, but from what you're saying, maybe Danksy stuffed us and how do you prove a negative?" would've involved putting Steven Dank offside and who knows what the **** that loose cannon will do

I think this is the kind of thing that bomber could clear up in a heartbeat
Are you mistaking Bomber for Sheeds?

It is infuriating that essendon don't clear this furphy up. Hilariously, the reason they haven't made any detailed comment for the last couple of years is probably because there was an investigation underway - maybe they were still in cooperation mode yesterday?
the other thing is that to say that "we do know as far as we believe, but from what you're saying, maybe Danksy stuffed us and how do you prove a negative?" would've involved putting Steven Dank offside and who knows what the **** that loose cannon will do

I think this is the kind of thing that bomber could clear up in a heartbeat

I'd be waiting to get past the appeal period before rattling the cage of ASADA.

They get a free hit at an appeal if they want one, only cost to them is their time and your money.

What's a CAS?

ASADA is screwed. Heads will roll and there will be some sort of audit fall upon them. What a waste of money. Incidentally, there's not a lot of media comment on Jason Clare or Kate Lundy, or their willingness to try to shield their sinking ship with sensationalism.

Court of Arbitration for Sport - the final point of appeal.

I'm sure some records were kept, but if as you say we kept sufficient records why wouldn't we have shown them 2 ******* years ago?

C'mon man, we stuffed up. We got cleared, but we stuffed up massively. This doesn't mean we cheated, but we stupendously stuffed up.
Think you'll find we did show them. Think you'll also find that they believe Dank lied about TB4 and forged docs.

*, Bec Wilson's SEN interview is comedy gold. Her argument that the AFL should have read the journos' stories and proclaimed Essendon guilty is so compelling. If only Middleton J et al. had bothered to read Caro's articles instead of the actual evidence presented to them, who knows what might have been?

****, Bec Wilson's SEN interview is comedy gold. Her argument that the AFL should have read the journos' stories and proclaimed Essendon guilty is so compelling. If only Middleton J et al. had bothered to read Caro's articles instead of the actual evidence presented to them, who knows what might have been?

It's possibly the most hilarious bunch of statements I've heard a "journalist" make.

Forget the evidence ASADA presented. Just read Caro's articles.

It's possibly the most hilarious bunch of statements I've heard a "journalist" make.

Forget the evidence ASADA presented. Just read Caro's articles.

Even the reference that illicit drugs were used at Essendon, when the term illicit drugs generally refers to illegal party drugs rather than something that is banned under a sporting code.

She sounded quite out of her depth. Honestly any foamer fro the HTB would have made more sense and had a greater understanding of the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the reference that illicit drugs were used at Essendon, when the term illicit drugs generally refers to illegal party drugs rather than something that is banned under a sporting code.

She sounded quite out of her depth. Honestly any foamer fro the HTB would have made more sense and had a greater understanding of the situation.

She is so full of it. She must be shocked that the voices in her head got it wrong again.

But you have to admit, Bec and Roy have provided a bit of comic relief in this whole thing... they have the worst 'sources' in the business.

She is so full of it. She must be shocked that the voices in her head got it wrong again.

But you have to admit, Bec and Roy have provided a bit of comic relief in this whole thing... they have the worst 'sources' in the business.

They are bitter Sydney Rugby flogs.

As bad as opposition fans are, they don't want to see the sport turned to s**t. Roy and Bec Wilson would dance on the AFL's grave I would imagine.

Just heard a snippet of McD's presser
He mad!

He knows that illegal drugs were administered to Essendon players in 2012

Okay ****stick prove it

Unfortunately for all concerned, if he gets a guilty on Dank, he gets out of all this media s**t. I'm conflicted.

What's he said?

Same s**t, mentioned Ziggy report a number of times. Mentioned the tribunal came to the same conclusion as the Ziggy report but failed to see the tribunal used the Ziggy report.. mind boggling.

James should know which substances are banned. If he stood down for a year he would have coached the club the next year and would have been admired... lol.

Listen here http://www.sen.com.au/audio

23 hours later. How do we all feel?

I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Many have been angry with the self reporting for a long time. I'm just getting it. Will say It was probably the right thing at the time. But you wouldn't do it again if you knew that it was going to become a fact of evidence used against you.

Overall I feel Essendon. Almost crying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back