Unofficial Preview I'm as toey as a Roman sandal

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been this toey before round 1 since 1995. Back then I was anxious to see if we would take the next step. We lost in the '04 prelim in excruciating circumstances and we had a core of players we new were really good like Carey, Stevens, Longmire and Schwass that needed others to take an extra step up. Players like Archer, Martyn, Sholl, Allison, Simpson, Fairly, Blakey, Freeborn and McKernan had to step it up. I was anxious back then to see if the rise continued and as it panned out my anxiety prior to round 1 subsided somewhat over the years. Thoughout the 2000's I was never anxious, I knew we were s**t or just good enough to win a final, maybe.

But it's back
:$

Yep that feeling in the pit of my guts is filled with nerves for the unknown. I really think we are at a tipping point in 2015, we could fall away or rise. I don't think we will finish 5th/6th again at end of the H & A it's top 4 or bottom of or just outside of the 8.

Like 1995 we have our out and out guns like Harvey, Wells, Dal Santo, Swallow and Thompson but will the next tier take another step up? Will Cunners, Bastinac, Ziebell, Atley, Jmac, LMac, LT, Higgins, Hansen take that extra step up, will some? Have they reached their peak?
All answers will be revealed soon.

While round 1 is not the be all end all, a win over there will be huge.

Go ROOS, give 'em hell over there.

I'm not getting myself all worked up for a Round 1 win, like I did last year. Trying to keep calm.

Very interesting story BE, I remember 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and so on and s**t I was toey each year and most games ( and I loved it ) the last three years we have had ups & downs but I think this group is ready to fire.

By the way was at the club today and someone was at the coffee machine just saying.

It's in line with the assumption that posting on the internet is in someway equivalent to working in a football department.

As opposed to clearly superior in every way to a football department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that it is a round 1 is the main thing that gets me nervous, really want to finally win our first game.

I'm nearly 30 and can not remember our midfield being this good.

Ready to tear 2015 a new one.

Yes Bigeasy ur right its exactly like the start of 95 and are we going to take the next step. Geezus its 2015 Already im getting old....... So far im calm now bring it on!

I'm so toey I'm twinkling involuntarily.

In all seriouslyness though, any calmer and I'd be pronounced D.O.A.. Usually prior to round one I feel like the season's trend for us will be set in the first game and hence roll up shitting the proverbial and collectable Arden St Grandstand bricks.

Not this year though. Win, lose or draw this week, for once I feel confident we'll be there when it counts later in the season.

must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up, must not get caught up

F*** it.

We are gonna come out like a side that went to a prelim last year and has unfinished business.

Bring it on.

I'm so toey I'm twinkling involuntarily.

In all seriouslyness though, any calmer and I'd be pronounced D.O.A.. Usually prior to round one I feel like the season's trend for us will be set in the first game and hence roll up shitting the proverbial and collectable Arden St Grandstand bricks.

Not this year though. Win, lose or draw this week, for once I feel confident we'll be there when it counts later in the season.
I was thinking about how I was feeling leading up to this game last night and I felt a zen like calm engulf me. Thinking about how Atley and McDonald will rotate through the wings released ch'i through my third eye as I levitated in the lotus position about two feet off the ground (which is coincidentally exactly how high Loogie Henderson can jump). My chakras became stimulated by the vision I received of a Honey Badger destroying its prey which quickly transmorgified into Cunners evading 22 red and black dogs and peeling off a 43 meter handpass behind his back.

Fair to say that the Four Noble Truths are in effect this year:

1) Pain is universal
2) The cause of pain is losing games we should win
3) The source of losing games we should win is inconsistency
4) Inconsistency is overcome when the list reaches a certain level of maturity, which it now has.

Reckon I'm going to enjoy this year.

I was thinking about how I was feeling leading up to this game last night and I felt a zen like calm engulf me. Thinking about how Atley and McDonald will rotate through the wings released ch'i through my third eye as I levitated in the lotus position about two feet off the ground (which is coincidentally exactly how high Loogie Henderson can jump). My chakras became stimulated by the vision I received of a Honey Badger destroying its prey which quickly transmorgified into Cunners evading 22 red and black dogs and peeling off a 43 meter handpass behind his back.

Fair to say that the Four Noble Truths are in effect this year:

1) Pain is universal
2) The cause of pain is losing games we should win
3) The source of losing games we should win is inconsistency
4) Inconsistency is overcome when the list reaches a certain level of maturity, which it now has.

Reckon I'm going to enjoy this year.

Wow. So much calm... and yet you continue to drop that ******* frisbee over and over and over again.

You're all freaking me out you Zen bastards. I'm as fidgety as a two year old. Any suggestions to calm the nerves? Anyone? Anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back