Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it takes the hamstring 2 years to fully recuperate from an acl op. Because that is where they take the stuff from to make the new acl.

Wasn't it a Patella Tendon graft that they took for the latest one? Or does that still involve taking some things from the hamstring do you know?

Because Dan's first two ACL operations would have been the usual Hamstring Graft, 3rd was LARS, 4th was Patella Tendon meaning it might have been mid-to-late 2012 when Dan's hamstring was directly involved in a Graft.

Meaning this new injury is just a new hamstring injury not really related to the ops?

I have heard it takes the hamstring 2 years to fully recuperate from an acl op. Because that is where they take the stuff from to make the new acl.
I heard that the other day on SEN I reckon.
And because of it a new popular method is to take the muscle or whatever it is they use from a corpse... I can't remember the technical term for it.

No surprises there are some people who have no interest in this method but it obviously doesn't do the damage to the hammy the traditional graft does

Listening to Menz before the Cartlon game , seems very upbeat. First time in 21 month he had no Tendonitis and he twanged the Hammy. But its minor , and its not the area that the graft has been taken from. He has already run twice this week again. Almost cant believe how quick the hammy comes good compared to the ACL.

My opinion...All sounds good , maybe we will see him once the grounds soften.

Listening to Menz before the Cartlon game , seems very upbeat. First time in 21 month he had no Tendonitis and he twanged the Hammy. But its minor , and its not the area that the graft has been taken from. He has already run twice this week again. Almost cant believe how quick the hammy comes good compared to the ACL.

My opinion...All sounds good , maybe we will see him once the grounds soften.

* YOU AFL and your media blackouts till 30 mins before the game!!!!

GO Catters

And the AFL website is still not working for KROCK. Only SEN in the gameday site. YOU *ingG CLOWNS.

Go Catters

Got chills. Damn that means he could play his first game in the hoops about the time Mrs Sauron goes into labour. Do you reckon she'd be right to drive herself to the hospital? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got chills. Damn that means he could play his first game in the hoops about the time Mrs Sauron goes into labour. Do you reckon she'd be right to drive herself to the hospital? :p

No mate….you have to stay by her side……

Take her to the game….bound to be a doctor at the ground. :thumbsu:

Yeah she'll be right. And I'm sure that little Scarlett will understand the reasoning for you not being at the birth aswell! :D

Menz saying he has been running at 25 kph last week. Still a few months away - probably more 6-8 weeks - but ready for full training with main group sooner than later….

Go Catters

Menz saying he has been running at 25 kph last week. Still a few months away - probably more 6-8 weeks - but ready for full training with main group sooner than later….

Go Catters

So he won't be back until early June, that's if things go well, and that's not including VFL. That's if he doesn't get knee soreness again, or another hamstring injury.

He's done. He's not coming back. Time to end the delusion.

So he won't be back until early June, that's if things go well, and that's not including VFL. That's if he doesn't get knee soreness again, or another hamstring injury.

He's done. He's not coming back. Time to end the delusion.
There has to a time when they are going to have to roll the dice before the end of year. Can seeing him get delisted and rookie listed if the knee holds up.

When he plays give him the #2 & call him Troy and he might not reinjure :D

That is our only chance it seems.
Almost lost all faith :'(
We'll see how his first couple of VFL games go when he returns.

Go Catters
Not sure I follow this. What is a few months away? Joining the main group? Playing VFL? Playing AFL??

Not sure I follow this. What is a few months away? Joining the main group? Playing VFL? Playing AFL??

Months away from AFL games. Main group training 4 weeks or so. But again, putting numbers on it just leads to disappointment.

Id say VFL 6 weeks based on the tone of the conversation. He made the comment that its nice to feel his body react to being under full stress - hence the hammy.

Go Catters

Months away from AFL games. Main group training 4 weeks or so. But again, putting numbers on it just leads to disappointment.

Id say VFL 6 weeks based on the tone of the conversation. He made the comment that its nice to feel his body react to being under full stress - hence the hammy.

Go Catters
Thanks Daz. Any sense of what is holding him back? Is it the hammy? I was under the impression based on comments from the club he was closer than he is now before the hammy...

Thought he was only a week away pretty much from recovering from that hamstring.
Meaning I thought he would be back with main training group in probably 2 weeks.
Meaning VFL in 4 weeks maybe.
So does that mean he has had a setback or are they being ULTRA conservative again like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back