Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Blugazi's research on a possible Tigers team, I have gone bold with a shorter backline as either White, Henderson or Rowe could go back. The added bonus being we get to bring in additional speed to the team ie Clem or Buckley as the sub. if this doesnt eventuate it will be Casboult up forward, Rowe to CHB and Docherty takes Clem's spot as sub

B:
Troy Chapin, David Astbury, Kamdyn McIntosh
F: Sam Rowe, Liam Jones , Troy Menzel

HB: Bachar Houli, Alex Rance, Nick Vlastuin
HF: Simon White, Lachie Henderson, Dale Thomas

C: Brandon Ellis, Dustin Martin, Reece Conca
C: Ed Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Andrejs Everitt

HF: Brett Deledio, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon
HB: Sam Docherty, Kristian Jaksch, Kade Simpson

F: Steven Morris, Jack Riewoldt, Shane Edwards
B: Chris Yarran, Michael Jamison, Zach Tuohy

Foll: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles
Foll: Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy

I/C: Shaun Grigg, Taylor Hunt, Ricky Petterd
Sub: Sam Lloyd

I/C: Chris Judd, Andrew Carrazzo, Tom Bell
Sub: Clem Smith

I picked the team (yes I did have Sam Rowe forward - but I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up forward at times)
So now I will pick the margin = Blues by 3 goals

Teams as per Carlton video
image.jpg

Why all the Ellard hate? Seriously, the Ellard bashing is totally unwarranted.
When he plays he goes in hard and is a handy player. Again, he people were hating on him because he had the yips a bit in front of goal, but if he nailed those goals (e.g. against Fremantle), everyone would be singing his praises because he did have a lot of shots (which is a good thing).

And you're really that surprised he is ahead of BB and Byrne? 2 guys that are still very raw and lets be honest, have shown promise but still have many areas they need to work on to be AFL ready.

Because I don't think he's the quality of player you bring in after a limited preseason and no NAB cup. Yes he's a tough little player, and we all love the way he goes about it. Having said that, I think our side needs pace more than anything, and he does nothing to help our run.

Disappointing not to see Casboult in the lineup, could be a late in but I doubt it. White will most likely play up forward with Jamo/Rowe/Jaksch taking care of their talls.

Congrats to the new boys! Great to see Clem, Jones & Jaksch getting a go. Jones has the most to prove so hopefully he can make an impact.

Excited to see this team play, considering Cripps barely featured last year its effectively 4 new faces in the 22!
Daisy named in the forward pocket again. This is his 2nd year on our list, wasn't aware he actually was recruited as a Betts replacement.

Excited to see this team play, considering Cripps barely featured last year its effectively 4 new faces in the 22!
Daisy named in the forward pocket again. This is his 2nd year on our list, wasn't aware he actually was recruited as a Betts replacement.
I dont think you need to put too much weight on where a player is named and his value for money. They cant all be listed as named in the midfield.

Because I don't think he's the quality of player you bring in after a limited preseason and no NAB cup. Yes he's a tough little player, and we all love the way he goes about it. Having said that, I think our side needs pace more than anything, and he does nothing to help our run.

But he has a decent record against Richnond, that's my rationale for his inclusion.

Generally I have no complaints about the team named, I feel its an upgrade on last year's rnd 1 team (of course that means squat really)

I'm very happy for Smith and Jaksch! I'll give Jones a chance also :p
Obviously Mick is okay with sacrificing winning in the ruck if it means we get an advantage around the ground..

This this this.
Wood will ruck for most of the night with Rowe giving him a chop out.
And it's not as if Richmond have a great second ruck anyway.

A bit surprised Vickery isn't playing as he's usually good for a few goals against us.

I dont think you need to put too much weight on where a player is named and his value for money. They cant all be listed as named in the midfield.
I hope that's the reason. I thought of all his roles last year he was least effective up forward.

If Cripps is sub I'll spewwwwww.
Opening bounce surely! (as the ruckman...)

Since when does Mick ever worry about team lineups.
Thomas will play in the midfield.

They would if they could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This this this.
Wood will ruck for most of the night with Rowe giving him a chop out.
And it's not as if Richmond have a great second ruck anyway.

A bit surprised Vickery isn't playing as he's usually good for a few goals against us.

Maybe the coaches know tomorrow night's weather and track isn't conductive for tall forwards, hence no Watto or Casboult for us.
Hmm

Maybe the coaches know tomorrow night's weather and track isn't conductive for tall forwards, hence no Watto or Casboult for us.
Hmm
Is Cringle officially on suicide watch?

Only forecasting an early shower tomorrow so the MCG should be pretty dry.

There was also the cricket WC on Sunday, but that shouldn't really be a factor, I was at that game, the surface looked pretty slick and conductive to fast bowling.

Don't think Vickery is a big loss for them, he is bit of a battling football, that Griffith's tall for them is a better prospect imo

Interesting team selections bit shocked like others re Levi, but MC and Mick know more than moi..

Ok Clem show em what you got ... Impose your self !

Blues by 25 pts

3 votes C Judd

Hmm
They're still not happy with his pea-hearted, round arm king-hit last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back