UFC 193 - Fight Week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones is a sell out anywhere and they dont need a star as big as him to sell this out (if they sent us a b grade headliner it would sell out anyway, UFC knows this) Weidman and Velasquez are injury prone and it would be a risk to have them as headliners when the event is so far away from home.

If we were talking about Rod Laver or similar, I'd agree with you but can't see it if they want to sell out Etihad.

As for Weidman and Velasquez being a risk so far away from home, they are a risk wherever the card is. Any risk could be alleviated by having other fights between contenders at the same weight class.

If we were talking about Rod Laver or similar, I'd agree with you but can't see it if they want to sell out Etihad.

As for Weidman and Velasquez being a risk so far away from home, they are a risk wherever the card is. Any risk could be alleviated by having other fights between contenders at the same weight class.

First UFC card ever in Melbourne... Most people would pay big bucks to watch anyone get in there but we will have to agree to disagree.

Youre right about Weidman and Velasquez but its alot harder to convince someone to fly 20 hours on short notice than it is to go to Vegas and if they plan on giving us a more shallow card (which i think they will) then that risk is increased.

I hope im proven wrong (personally hoping for Weidman v Jacare and Ronda v whoever Ronda is going to beat in the first round plus Cerrone, McGregor and a bunch of others) but i just cant see it. I suspect it will be Bantamweight title defense and a mid range contender fight (think Johnsen v Alvarez or Bermudez v Oliveira)

I've heard it said that Hunt may headline if he beats Miocic next month, might be a problem if it's Werdum as champ though, not sure they'd give him an immediate shot again at him. Then again if it's Cain it would be an even bigger problem because if fit, Cain turns Hunt's face into hamburger meat.

reports are its Rousey really suprises me
better not be just her...it will be a slap in the face but with the recent announcement of
the ufc holding a date at MSG for 5th? of December, that will definatly get the top 2 fights that are available towards the end of the year

better not be just her...it will be a slap in the face but with the recent announcement of
the ufc holding a date at MSG for 5th? of December, that will definatly get the top 2 fights that are available towards the end of the year

Why would it be a "slap in the face" she is an undefeated UFC champion. Her fights transcend the sport and are "events" talked about in countless media outlets well outside the MMA sphere. If you're talking about bringing someone here to grow the sport and be an ambassador for it there is no one better than her. I may be an unabashed Ronda fan but even her most vocal critics would have to agree to that.

Ronda is exactly what we need and you couldn't ask for any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to go to this. How many categories of tickets are there likely to be, and what are the likely prices?

I.e. Ringside
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3

Any more categories? I.e. in between ringside and level 1 (this is probably what I would be hoping for).

I actually assumed he ment will brooks... geez I hope he ment will brooks haha
In that case I don't think it's that bad a fight. Pettis would be the clear favourite but Brooks is a good wrestler and has improved a lot since his only loss.

Part of the reason I don't think the fight's that bad is because I've seen Nate Diaz brought up as the next opponent for Pettis. As much as I like Nate, I realise he has no chance against Pettis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back