Brad Scott and the Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Damien Barrett just revealing on The Footy Show that Brad Scott was approached more than once during the 2014 season to take over from Guy McKenna. Scott denied the advances.

More to come.
Scott didn't deny it did he? Thought he flagged it with the club?

I'd have thought that at that time, the Suns would have already been in hot pursuit of Rodney Eade, who more than fills the void and then some left by Guy McKenna.

Brad doesn't strike me as someone who'd up and leave at the drop of a hat (unless some ridiculous dollars are involved...) given how much he's emotionally invested into building his own side since appointed coach.

I actually love this. Brad Scott is developing as a coach so much. anyone watch him on round table? He was great on there as were all the coaches. His best line: "If and when I win a flag, it'll be a different feeling to winning it as a player." I love the attitude that we have accepted we're in a fight for the thing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm almost certain that I remember getting the feeling on this board after the Brisbane Lions loss last year that most of us would have been happy for Brad Scott to be thrown off the plane home somewhere over Coolangatta, never to leave SE Queensland ever again...

I'm almost certain that I remember getting the feeling on this board after the Brisbane Lions loss last year that most of us would have been happy for Brad Scott to be thrown off the plane home somewhere over Coolangatta, never to leave SE Queensland ever again...
The rest got drowned out by the emo brigade.

Well Well Well

Isn't this interesting. And if you believe what was said just after his last extension he accepted the clubs first offer.

Brad is one of us, and is as invested as anyone. It's nice to get some external validation that he has done a good job with our list.

Don't mind GWS. A battler club with some great kids.
Hah. Say that two seasons from now.

A team captained by a poncy kid and whose father was hired to disguise some more stupidly paid wages. Battler my arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back