80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

Hey PN, Can you only get on the National with a member?

umm, this is awkward. i AM the member.

oh wait, you're asking if people only can get on with a member? the answer is yes. unless you are a member with reciprocal rights of course (goes without saying).

if you want to get on, i can get you on. of course you'll have to meet me, play a round with me, and promise not to devour me sexually in the car park afterwards

umm, this is awkward. i AM the member.

oh wait, you're asking if people only can get on with a member? the answer is yes. unless you are a member with reciprocal rights of course (goes without saying).

if you want to get on, i can get you on. of course you'll have to meet me, play a round with me, and promise not to devour me sexually in the car park afterwards

Thanks for the offer PN, I would love to some time I have heard it is out of this world... we should tee up a game with Look2Me4Guidance Saints v's Tigers v's Hawks promising no car park extra curricular activities!!

god damn im only like 30 mins tops from KH. i should be there jeering toxic!

Wind rain
great course.bloody long in the wind
fairways amazing
greens s**t

hsd 6under off the stick
59 and a bit
good enuff for 3rd
winner..4 boys without handicaps all playing off 24 shoot 6 under off the stick for nett 54.

Hate that s**t

Wind rain
fairways amazing
greens s**t

hsd 6under off the stick
59 and a bit
good enuff for 3rd
winner..4 boys without handicaps all playing off 24 shoot 6 under off the stick for nett 54.

Hate that s**t

Unfortunately mate 4 man ambrose is cheaters paradise!! Great track, shame the greens were not in good shape.. usually they are Mickey Mouse

Wind rain
fairways amazing
greens s**t

hsd 6under off the stick
59 and a bit
good enuff for 3rd

Hate that s**t

if you look back through this thread you will find i too commented on the poor state of the greens

Unfortunately mate 4 man ambrose is cheaters paradise!! Great track, shame the greens were not in good shape.. usually they are Mickey Mouse

ambrose is about who can cheat the best.

Greens need a good coring...they look like 50 golfers hit wedges into each green for an hour per green.
layout is awesome tho.
400m par 4s into cyclone sam and against the tide..long holes.
16 greens we had birdie putts on.
6 birds
6 lipouts

Great day

Greens need a good coring...they look like 50 golfers hit wedges into each green for an hour per green.
layout is awesome tho.
6 birds
6 lipouts

Great day

I played in the Audi corporate day there about this time last year, course was in great shape and they played a really cool format that reduced the cheat factor. I think it is called "greensomes" or "Canadian 4somes" which was 2 man teams, ambrose off the tee pick the best one, then alternate shot until you hole out. I think we had 75 off the stick and ran 2nd, I've been waiting for my mate to ring again this year with the invite but until now... nothing!!

I played in the Audi corporate day there about this time last year, course was in great shape and they played a really cool format that reduced the cheat factor. I think it is called "greensomes" or "Canadian 4somes" which was 2 man teams, ambrose off the tee pick the best one, then alternate shot until you hole out. I think we had 75 off the stick and ran 2nd, I've been waiting for my mate to ring again this year with the invite but until now... nothing!!

Have played that format before as well

its good

for the sake of an ambrose day I prefer to play as 2 groups of 3 playing together, fraction slower but still true ambrose (incorporating that one of your designated drives must be used on a par 3 during the round

4man is all about the sharpest pencil to win a $100 proshop voucher

layout is awesome tho.
6 birds
6 lipouts

Great day

yep.

as for lipouts, all members of my group swear to this day that the holes werent 100% circular. many lip outs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never played canadian 4somes, but if i were to id want to be in this group

wtaa08.jpg

yep.

as for lipouts, all members of my group swear to this day that the holes werent 100% circular. many lip outs

LMAO

One of my playing partners for the day actually layed down to see if the lips of the holes were raised

Pro's playing pennant... WHAT A JOKE!!

On the weekend we saw former PGA champion Daniel Popovic and Matt Jager playing pennant for The Heritage. a) Where are their careers at if they are wanting to play matchplay against Am's and b) How happy would the pros be if 10 or 20 additional spots in their pro tournaments were handed out to Amateurs?

My mate beat a pro on the 19th on Sunday our 20 time club champ got beaten 6/5 by a full time playing pro and last week we had a 12 year old in our colts team get beaten by a pro who has his card on the Aust PGA circuit, apparently the pro was -5 after 13 holes poor little fella must really love playing pennant!!

3 wins in a row for me, played nicely around La Trobe which is in great nick despite the City Water changes ripping up 3 holes, down to par 67 at the moment with a host of proper temp greens on the back nine.

Pro's playing pennant... WHAT A JOKE!!

On the weekend we saw former PGA champion Daniel Popovic and Matt Jager playing pennant for The Heritage. a) Where are their careers at if they are wanting to play matchplay against Am's and b) How happy would the pros be if 10 or 20 additional spots in their pro tournaments were handed out to Amateurs?

My mate beat a pro on the 19th on Sunday our 20 time club champ got beaten 6/5 by a full time playing pro and last week we had a 12 year old in our colts team get beaten by a pro who has his card on the Aust PGA circuit, apparently the pro was -5 after 13 holes poor little fella must really love playing pennant!!

3 wins in a row for me, played nicely around La Trobe which is in great nick despite the City Water changes ripping up 3 holes, down to par 67 at the moment with a host of proper temp greens on the back nine.

Are these pros being paid to play?

Are these pros being paid to play?

Nope, the Golf Vic will tell you it's about Pro's wanting to "give back" and to reinvigorate the Pennant competition. The reality is that it is taking very limited spots for AM golfers to play high level competition and at the end of the day the 1 or 2 spots that are being taken by pros normally results in a young golfer not being given an opportunity to play pennant.

Crazy decision by Golf Vic and we are now seeing pros "given" memberships at clubs that they have no history or affiliation to again taking spots in pennant teams away from full paying dedicated members who have professional lives outside of golf.

Crazy decision by Golf Vic and we are now seeing pros "given" memberships at clubs that they have no history or affiliation to again taking spots in pennant teams away from full paying dedicated members who have professional lives outside of golf.

I understand your point B&G but if the test is that full time golfers should not be playing against professional workers then you cannot also support the likes of amateurs Lucas Herbert, Tom Power-Horan, Ryan Ruffels etc being involved. They are without any shadow doubt full time golfers as well. The lines are so much more blurred between pros and amateurs these days.

I understand your point B&G but if the test is that full time golfers should not be playing against professional workers then you cannot also support the likes of amateurs Lucas Herbert, Tom Power-Horan, Ryan Ruffels etc being involved. They are without any shadow doubt full time golfers as well. The lines are so much more blurred between pros and amateurs these days.

Those guys you mention are on their way to turning pro and they are also long standing members of their clubs..... That is the big difference. What we are getting now is pro's playing for any old club who based on a mate that plays for them or whatever.. I overheard a conversation the week before last on the putting green of a club who were playing at home. A pro playing for that club was asking one of the other team members what clubs to hit off what tee's. Said pro is clearly not a playing paying member of said club.

The rule was designed to give guys that turned pro, didn't make it, and were back playing "club golf" an opportunity to play pennant. That is not what is happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back