No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand the point of that statement? Is it just to back up McNugget?

As a politician, it's the obvious response.

Put it this way. 80% of AFL fans want to get stuck into Essendon. 99% of followers of other football codes want to get stuck into the AFL.

From her perspective, makes more sense to side with the lynch mob. That's where the numbers have always been.

Mcdevitt claims that he feels sorry for the players my arse he does. if he truly feels sorry for the players he would accept the tribunals decision and wont bother with appealing and let the players get on with their lives.

Not sure how it is possible for him to feel sorry for the players if they partook in s program involving thousands of injections. If the injections are such a problem then surely the players are just as culpable for allowing themselves to be injected.

....filled with the tears of those who sought destroy us.

If it happens..this year or next...before Chappy is cactus...it will be the greatest comeback in the history of modern world sport that will unleash a tidal wave of emotion never seen in the history of modern world sport.

Ya never know...

Tim last night on Talking Footy mentioned when the parents were having those meetings with the doctors and experts they got told that the dosage levels of the substances the players were receiving were at a safe level that wouldn't harm the players health.

Now i know Dank is a dodgy bloke but surely not that dodgy where he would inject players with dangerous substances that are harmful to their health. i knows it looks bad and it shouldn't have happened in the first place but i also think it's been blown out of proportion a bit.

edit- ftr i just hope this post isn't taken the wrong way because i know sometimes my posts get people angry and misinterpreted.

Last edited:
If the injections are such a problem then surely the players are just as culpable for allowing themselves to be injected.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...r-health-of-dons-players-20150401-1mcyib.html

Craig Kelly

However, Kelly said players, too, should take more responsibility for their own health.

"They have to understand and take responsibility to question their clubs and ensure their livelihood and their health is not compromised," he said.

"They need to learn to talk to family members and communicate with their managers, because those people are the ones who ultimately care for them as individuals ahead of any club concerns.

"As a player, I would have done anything the club asked me to do and accepted things, but the thought of being bused over to the other side of town and injected somewhere is terrible. Our job is to make sure their rights are being addressed and that didn't happen."

Last edited:
Tim last night on Talking Footy said when the parents were having those meetings with the doctors and experts they got told that the dosage levels of the substances the players were receiving were at a safe level that wouldn't harm them.

Now i know Dank is a dodgy bloke but surely not that dodgy where he would inject players with dangerous substances that are harmful to their health. i knows it looks bad and it shouldn't have happened but i also think it's been blown out of corporation a bit.

Yep, just totally out of hand.

Newman summed it up perfectly tonight with something like .

Hird said to me they were engaged in an aggressive supplements program that allowed Dank to take it to the very outer limits of what was legal and what was not...at the time.

Dean Robinsons interview with Darcy the Dill was a major factor in creating this dark, disturbing image of players being injected in dodgy back rooms by Dr Evil Dank.

His 'black ops' comment fuelled the imagination even more.

It's just some pissy amino acids 'designed' to quickly repair strained, tired legs and make you feel fresher....but in reality did #### all.

Topped off with an idea by Robinson that everyone should pound the weights and develope legs of steel and before you know it there's players going down everywhere.

A total, disorganised circus with a ring master (Hird) who was great at delegating but not experienced at managing a large group and knowing exactly what each department was up too.

From the North board - one of the best opposition posts on the topic you'll find...

Not the fault of the players that the club failed to provide a safe workplace.

Although it is an interesting thought, because had this happened in an office setting, surely the workplace would be closed down until the safety of its employees could be guaranteed.

Given the workplace of the Essendon footballers is effectively any ground on which AFL is played, and safety there is not guaranteed for anybody, despite the fact that injections were not administered there (in this case, the "unsafe" part of the workplace upon which the allegations are based) you would have to let them play.

On this whole thing, if the players were, as has been alleged by all in Sunbury, unaware of what was being given to them, and as Ben McDevitt alleges, thousands of injections took place, I am inclined to express genuine sympathy. I was discussing this with a mate earlier today and to be a first year player, eager to impress and not rock the boat at your new employer, hoping for a 10+ year career, then to be presented with an injection schedule by a mysterious figure who won't tell you (or did, then "lost" the evidence) what is going to be put in your body, would be terrifying.

I feel sorry for the players if that's the case. I don't feel sorry for the (basically) criminal administration who engineered, planned, discussed, scheduled, and put in operation a systematic performance enhancing drug injection regime with a twofold payoff - that of a) improving the players performance on field and b) having the nice little side benefit for one S. Dank of allowing him to "experiment" with both young men at the beginning of their careers and older men who should know better, for his own pharmacological advancement.

It is truly a disgusting thing to think about. If the players have been cleared, which they have, then fair enough. ASADA stuffed up and couldn't make a case for whatever reason - probably simply because Dank failed to adequately keep records of his injections regime - which, accordingly, as others have mentioned, Essendon have been punished for (the loss of draft picks, the expulsion from finals). The players deserve their chance to play football without being under the microscope of an Australia-wide government-run watchdog. This is, after all, their lives.

What cannot and should not be allowed to stand is the near malpractice by Dank, by Hird, by Robinson, by the litany of men who have become casualties of the investigation (Horsburgh, Evans, et al). Those men should be the ones who face judgement on this, not the players. They have quite literally toyed with the lives of men who were placed in their care and violated the rights of each and every single man who signed an agreement to be injected, then wasn't told what he was being injected with.

To listen to Tim Watson on SEN this morning was hard. When it is all said and done, he is a father and loves his son. I have no doubt this has taken a very harsh toll on Jobe as the face and leader of the playing group, and hearing Tim speak about watching his son go through what the players have gone through was extraordinarily difficult. I am inclined to believe the ignorance excuse of the players, but what believing that "excuse", however flimsy, does, is exacerbate the outrageousness of the actions of Hird and Dank. They must - must - be brought to account for what they have done.

From the North board - one of the best opposition posts on the topic you'll find...
Does this poster know who Ian Robson or Paul Hamilton are?

I know it's a tired line, but Hird's culpability is again blown out of proportion. I wouldn't have an issue with people pointing fingers at Hird because he has a share of this responsibility, but everyone seems to paint this picture of Hird and Dank as ******* Jesse and Heisenberg, hand-in-hand, "the outrageousness of the actions of hird and dank" I mean for *'s sake.

Here's my thing - I want Hird to have blame in this, but this all-or-nothing dichotomy concerning his culpability from EFC supporters to our very favourite foam-dogs is impossible to sit in the middle of. Does the request to Dank to give us a supplement program that does not break the rules alongside the 12 or so text messages, most of which were replies to Dank saying "cheers fella" equate to James Hird representing the administration who "engineered, planned, discussed, scheduled, and put in operation a systematic performance enhancing drug injection regime"?

Beyond that I think they have got a lot right and I agree with most of it, but still like everything struggle to be able to agree when they inflate the various responsibilities based upon the consumption of a campaign to place old mate Hirdy at the very top of the tree, with visibility and influence everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDevitt has outed himself as a HTB foamer.

ASADA chief reveals concern that Essendon records may have been destroyed

EXCLUSIVE

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority boss Ben McDevitt has revealed his concern that crucial records of the Essendon supplements program may have been "either destroyed or removed".

In an exclusive interview with Fairfax Media, Mr McDevitt warned of fresh show-cause notices if evidence emerged of document destruction in an attempt to cover-up the use of a banned substance.

read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-may-have-been-destroyed-20150401-1mcthw.html

LOL :D

I dont think The Prosecutor cares too much about what people on the internet think of him. There have been numerous rumors reported on this saga, yet only he is targeted. Why?

The bigger issue is that Go Blues released alleged private and confidential information on BF - This was lack of judgement on behalf of Go Blues - The offending post was correctly moved by the MODS - But yet Go Blues continued to discuss the same issue - Unbelievable.

It's possibly the most hilarious bunch of statements I've heard a "journalist" make.

Forget the evidence ASADA presented. Just read Caro's articles.

Don't forget that Bec reminded all that Caro won a Walkley.

He prosecuted Armstrong, and advised/recommended to ASADA their case is strong enough to proceed.

Easy for Young to prosecute Armstrong - Only had 20 of Armstrong's team-mates admitting to doping.

Not sure how it is possible for him to feel sorry for the players if they partook in s program involving thousands of injections. If the injections are such a problem then surely the players are just as culpable for allowing themselves to be injected.
Does he feel sorry for Buddy when he has 6 WADA/ASADA/AFL approved performance enhancing pain killing injections in each thumb prior to running out on the field. Not to mention top up at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back