List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really don't understand this strong dislike of Suckling. It takes all types in a team, and he would seem to play a very useful role for us.

Drives me insane, he is without doubt the most underrated player on our list at this point in time.

You get supporters who love to beat their chests saying he is soft, he shouldn't get a game, this and that, it's pathetic.

Some couldn't believe he was picked over Sewell in the preliminary final, well we were in trouble early in that game and he was a big factor in breaking up the game and us getting back into it with his run, carry, kicking, 11 possessions including a goal in the 2nd quarter.

He ranks in the elite category statistically for half back flankers in the AFL but because he doesn't crash packs and win a heap of contested possessions then he shouldn't be in the team, crazy stuff.

It's about balance, he brings a weapon that not many in the league do, given he has played every game when available in the past 3-4 years I think it's fair to say Clarkson rates him.

Last edited:

Let's be honest guys what are our chances of landing danger this year ??
1/3? Could be 1/18 or 0/1 if he want's to stay...

Nobody can answer this I'd not have thought. Glad I did though!

Last edited:
It's not really that unreasonable. Why wouldn't he want to come to Hawthorn? We can offer him reasonable coin, maybe not as much as others, but still good. He can help us to win more premierships and he can hone an already impressive skillset by playing alongside Mitch, Hodge and Burgers.

Certainly nothing wrong with daring to dream!

With or without him, it's a bloody good time to be a Hawks fan!

Agreed....He'll be after the pay-cheque over team success....Ergo, No Chance!

In the end we'll likely plump for a kid, which I'd prefer us to do anyhow.....The lesson of Buddy!

But the thing is with our aging list he's not going to step into a team in premiership contention. He should expect to wait 2-3 years for our younger players to mature.

Still I think he's what we'll need to help out Lewis.

No wonder he's exploring his options contract wise then.
Genuinely loled at that one.

I'm a bit concerned that they haven't wrapped him up, they must have made him an offer unless they're waiting to see who won't go again next year and how much money that frees up.

Thing is he was a late bloomer so has probably only had one half decent contract and then coming off a year out its probably tough for the club to offer him a contract that he sees as fair weight for where he is at this point in his career and realistically it's going to be the best contract of his time in the AFL whether it's with us or someone else.

Hopefully it's a case of have a good first period of the year and we can work something out that is good value for both parties.

But the thing is with our aging list he's not going to step into a team in premiership contention. He should expect to wait 2-3 years for our younger players to mature.

Still I think he's what we'll need to help out Lewis.
Mitchell has extended a year and Burgoyne and Hodge are probably not far off it.

IF we're going to get Dangerfield we're likely already in deep discussions with his manager. If signs are good there then those 3 above (plus any other older blokes like Gibbo) would likely be more than happy to take a pay cut to attempt another flag - hopefully 4th in a row!
It doesn't effect their money in 2015, just 2016 and going forward. Ask Lake if taking a pay cut was worth it.

From Dangerfield's POV he can observe how our future guys like Langford, Anderson, O'Rourke, Hartung and Woodward go. As well as know the existing support of Lewis, Shiels, Smith, Hill and Whitecross is already damn good. The first group would have until at least the start of 2017 to be ready to take over full time. Wouldn't be surprised to see that start happening later this year and 2016.

And on top of all that, 2 words; Alastair Clarkson.

There's plenty to like for Dangerfield here. It'll just come down to whether or not his primary motivator is actually success or money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll just leave this here.

View attachment 120725

1458.jpg

Dangerfield = New Age Lethal.
At HFC he'd rotate Inside Mid with FP & kick 2+ per game to go with his 20+ possessions. Kinda like Breust. And Gunston.
My boy inherited his plastic toy tip truck through an Aireys Inlet connection. Not quite a signed Hawthorn jumper but I'll take it. Is this is a dumb reason to want him as a Hawk ? (Yes)

Mitchell has extended a year and Burgoyne and Hodge are probably not far off it.

IF we're going to get Dangerfield we're likely already in deep discussions with his manager. If signs are good there then those 3 above (plus any other older blokes like Gibbo) would likely be more than happy to take a pay cut to attempt another flag - hopefully 4th in a row!
It doesn't effect their money in 2015, just 2016 and going forward. Ask Lake if taking a pay cut was worth it.

From Dangerfield's POV he can observe how our future guys like Langford, Anderson, O'Rourke, Hartung and Woodward go. As well as know the existing support of Lewis, Shiels, Smith, Hill and Whitecross is already damn good. The first group would have until at least the start of 2017 to be ready to take over full time. Wouldn't be surprised to see that start happening later this year and 2016.

And on top of all that, 2 words; Alastair Clarkson.

There's plenty to like for Dangerfield here. It'll just come down to whether or not his primary motivator is actually success or money.
I'll take your 2 words and raise you 3. Hawthorn Football Club.

If there's one club in the comp that have proven to know how to win flags, it's Hawthorn.

I'll take your 2 words and raise you 3. Hawthorn Football Club.

If there's one club in the comp that have proven to know how to win flags, it's Hawthorn.
Alastair Clarkson is synonymous with Hawthorn Football Club at the moment. Both have fed off each other to improve their respective standings within the game over the past decade. Both have huge appeal but both also instantly lose a bit of appeal if separated.

But I do agree, the club itself is a huge lure. The staff, the players (young and old), the culture, the track record (long and short term). A lot of that recent added value can be attributed to Clarko though who will likely/hopefully be around for quite a while after Hodge, Mitchell, etc are gone.

Dangerfield has now had the "Clarko experience" over the summer with the IR game and I think people would have to be pretty naive to think that a private meeting between him and Clarko in September last year was purely in relation to that game - if at all.

We could pull a shifty like North and Saints did with Dal Santo. Adelaide dont match. He comes to us they recieve a top 10 pick (if they finish outside the 8). We then deal them a pretty one sided trade in their favour. Shoe/TOB and out first for some fringe player.

We could pull a shifty like North and Saints did with Dal Santo. Adelaide dont match. He comes to us they recieve a top 10 pick (if they finish outside the 8). We then deal them a pretty one sided trade in their favour. Shoe/TOB and out first for some fringe player.

I'm afraid that the steak Knives just aren't going to cut the deal, when it comes to the best contested ball player in the comp.

Under our TPP structure?....No Chance!....Whereas with Sloane, there might be a chance.

Would you offer an extra $100K to a potential employee that requires your fellow employees to do more work to cover them for the same salary they're already on?
Yes if you had to meet a 92.5% salary cap floor...

Treloar or Danger. I'm not fussed either way but, it's seems to be eerily quite on the Chad front!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back