Neutral Supporters; Are you comfortably satisfied?

Do you have comfortable satisfaction that EFC used banned substances?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon don't know what the player's were given. They need to find this out and disclose it to the players

Dank knows what he gave the players

Essendon needs to ask for the records from Dank or take him to court to get the records to ensure the health of their players.

He was an employee of Essendon football club and they are entitled to those records, if they don't have them themselves.

Why won't they do this???????????????
They don't want them to be revealed.

I think what I am most impressed about is Lance Uppercut giving up two years of his life to this board and now celebrating like he won something.
No more so than a lot of the others who have spent 1-2 or more years here also. I've grown accustomed to having Lance, Mxexxy, Max, Dapper, AndyB, Duckworth and others around. Plenty's the time they've pulled me back from my rabid, reactionary denouncements and caused me to re-think my posts!

Last edited:
The $$ generated by the AFL are what will keep Australian Rules viable as a sport, and Essendon are a big part of that.

Seriously damaging the finances of the league at a time like this, In order to punish a team for a program that delivered no real benefit, & has since ceased, would have been quixotic in the extreme.

Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.

Well then, let's have every club & athlete on the gear then ?? :rolleyes:

Comfortably satisfied that the club is guilty as sin and completely unsatisfied with the whole charade. I don't think Essendon set out to cheat, but cheat they did, because everyone failed; that's the club, the coach and the players. The lesson here is hide the evidence and be 'too big to fail'. It's a stain on the AFL and one I won't soon forget.

I am a bit confused that not keeping proper records can assist the determination of a case like this.
Yup - you have to expect that nefarious programs will be deisgned to minimise the availability of the true, factual records. So the governance regime has to be able to work around that.

This case shows that the AFL is not willing to do that and that ASADA do not have the powers currently to work around the AFL. It may be that CAS is the best option. So is the best solution, that local tribunals be removed from the process and INs engage directly with CAS for assessment and ruling?

Obviously from the above - no, not satisified with the end result.
The players are let off, I can accept that as it will be difficult to prove as charged, that the individuals either received the actual substance and it can't be shown that they intended to dope, without further evidence becoming available.
But a lot of cleaning up is still required for current and past football and management teams at EFC. A commission in to the AFLs full actions from about 2011 through to 2014 would also be on my personal shopping list.

You should all cancel your memberships in protest.......
lol - you're many years too late. Got sick of the manufactured AFL product years ago and returned to state footy. Timed it about about right too, as my club went on a uninterrupted 12 year long Grand Final run!

Maybe nothing illegal was taken. Do you think that maybe a possibility?
It's possible, but it's unlikely in my view. Because if it was all above board then accurate records would have been kept.

I've never bought this 'poor governance' excuse. AFL clubs are multi million dollar organizations. They maintain records of just about everything - financial, various player records (games/goals etc, training performance, game statistics, etc), salary cap, etc.

And yet it somehow didn't occur to the Essendon FC to ensure an accurate record of what their players - their prize assets - were being jabbed with?

Last edited:
It's possible, but it's unlikely in my view. Because if it was all above board then accurate records would have been kept.

I've never bought this 'poor governance' excuse. AFL clubs are multi million dollar organizations. They maintain records of just about everything - financial, various player records (games/goals etc, training performance, game statistics, etc), salary cap, etc.

And yet it somehow didn't occur to the Essendon FC to ensure an accurate record of what their players - their prize assets - were being jabbed with?

Why not?

You're just assuming fraud with no basis.

The basis for my assumption was in the remainder of the post.

It's not factual though. They produce an annual report so they must have kept adequate medical records?

Do you know the inside of football clubs? There's failings and shortcomings everywhere. These are organisations whose ratio of actual size to public profile is hugely out of whack due to the industry they're in. They're not NASA.

Nobody has found at any stage that the club intended to dope the players. It's high time people dealt with that and moved on. It's not changing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not factual though. They produce an annual report so they must have kept adequate medical records?

Do you know the inside of football clubs? There's failings and shortcomings everywhere. These are organisations whose ratio of actual size to public profile is hugely out of whack due to the industry they're in. They're not NASA.

Nobody has found at any stage that the club intended to dope the players. It's high time people dealt with that and moved on. It's not changing.
And a wonderful way to help ensure an outcome like that is an absence of records.

I personally don't think that an AFL club could be as staggeringly incompetent as Essendon was supposed to have been.

To say I'm disappointed probably suggests too strong an emotional involvement, but it's disappointing how this has been handled. This is probably one of the biggest drug stories in Australia, and the AFL has set an embarrassing precedent. For all the talk about expansion, even international expansion, it seems ludicrous when it's evident this league is run by amatuers. It's not so much as I wanted Essendon to be punished because I'm indifferent to their club, but more the way this has been conducted.

To say I'm disappointed probably suggests too strong an emotional involvement, but it's disappointing how this has been handled. This is probably one of the biggest drug stories in Australia, and the AFL has set an embarrassing precedent. For all the talk about expansion, even international expansion, it seems ludicrous when it's evident this league is run by amatuers. It's not so much as I wanted Essendon to be punished because I'm indifferent to their club, but more the way this has been conducted.

On the contrary, I think the likes of ASIO/ASIS would be mightily impressed...

How anybody from any party can be satisfied with this schmozzle beats me. Nobody is still entirely sure what the players took which was really the important thing, and was lost within the legal wars.

ASADA, the AFL, Essendon and the football media all emerge from this saga looking ugly and shameful

No those are just your opinions and not "the facts" and if ASADA can't prove them to be facts in 3 years I don't like your chances
Obviously reading between the lines is not your strongest suite.

So obvious to everyone else except EFC supporters ... so not surprised .... yawn.

With the players im kinda ambivalent (not because of Ryder) but because I don't believe peptide use was limited to Essendon.
I don't think any of the support or above people involved at the club at the time should remain though, and that includes the doctor and coach as they need to be held to a higher standard. There are plenty of times in business people turn blind eyes and send 'written' instructions for plausible deniability, but they are generally playing with money and not experimental drugs and other peoples bodies. People in these functions need to know that being seen to object isn't good enough. You stand up and stop it or you quit.

Are you familiar at all with the recording process that most athletes even at an amateur level will adhere to? Everything is tracked, absolutely everything that goes in your body is recorded. For a club operating at the level of EFC to suddenly commence a supplement program and not have any records to show for it is highly suspicious.

Last edited:
You should all cancel your memberships in protest.......

I did indeed just do that, yesterday, after hearing the news of this whitewash. I will also not be watching a single game on TV / Foxtel again.

No but Essendon will be the next carlton and become irrelevant for a long time due to draft sanctions etc hopefully as irrelevant as richmond has been :D

Back