Mega Thread Tribunal Verdict - Not comfortably satisfied there was a violation - Statement in Post #2

Remove this Banner Ad

There were no records found and the Tribunal are "comfortably satisfied" that there was a thourough investigation as to why there were no records found and ruled that they didn't keep records, because they could only go on what Essendon's appointed report writer Ziggy stated in his report.

You remember Ziggy? he was the "independent" resource appointed by Essendon to check on everything and before the report was released, had to hand it to them before they gave it the go ahead.
You cant get anymore independent than that dude. ;)

Like he found that there was a "systematic" injection program, so by that I assume there were records that looked systemic, for him to come up with that, but somehow, they didnt keep records...lmaoooo
You haven't read the report

To be honest I don't think this is the end of this.
ASADA might appeal but it's more about Essendon and thier record keeping (or lack thier of) as to what actually happened. 34 Players have to go through the rest of thier lives wondering if whatever was in that needle will have negative health effects.
I suspect whoever knows what really went on won't stay silent forever. It will be years before they speak though.

Perhaps the most unusual and striking feature of the hearing that eventually cleared the 34 players was that none of the key participants in this saga ever set foot in the relevant room housed inside the Victorian County Court building on the corner of William and Lonsdale Streets.

Not one of the 34 appeared, nor did Essendon's ex-fitness boss Dean "the Weapon" Robinson, senior coach James Hird, Dr Bruce Reid or Mark Thompson. The man alleged to have supplied the banned peptide, convicted drug trafficker and biochemist, Shane Charter, couldn't be summoned, while the compounding pharmacist Nima Alavi also compounded the tribunal's difficulties - and ASADA's - by refusing to appear

So who did they actually interview in all of this ..... Mickey Mouse?

To be honest I don't think this is the end of this.
ASADA might appeal but it's more about Essendon and thier record keeping (or lack thier of) as to what actually happened. 34 Players have to go through the rest of thier lives wondering if whatever was in that needle will have negative health effects.
I suspect whoever knows what really went on won't stay silent forever. It will be years before they speak though.
Dank will blow the whistle one day...maybe it will be after the players have retired, but Essendon's reputation will be tarnished for decades to come because they weren't willing to accept the consequences of they they did. Then there's also Worksafe. Definitely not the end.

How do you know he ignored internal advice?
Because that advice was discovered in the fed court trial. Internal ASADA legal advice was the case didn't have legs. Later advice changed on the basis that the standard of proof required for proceeding was that a violation 'possibly occurred'. They hadn't realised the bar was so low, and so much lower than what the tribunal would require. So they took a punt.

Lots of things are possible, not so many can be considered close to beyond reasonable doubt, which is apparently where comfortable satisfaction is supposed to sit.

Because that advice was discovered in the fed court trial. Internal ASADA legal advice was the case didn't have legs. Later advice changed on the basis that the standard of proof required for proceeding was that a violation 'possibly occurred'. They hadn't realised the bar was so low, and so much lower than what the tribunal would require. So they took a punt.

Lots of things are possible, not so many can be considered close to beyond reasonable doubt, which is apparently where comfortable satisfaction is supposed to sit.

Not sure where you got this from but its wrong. No such advice was ever discovered.

The case was reviewed by a judge and 2 WADA officials and all agreed it should proceed.

The case was reviewed by a judge and 2 WADA officials and all agreed it should proceed.
This was after the advice at the time of the interim report (which did come out in the trial) that the case was curcumstantial and would not succeed. the later advice was based on the low burden of proof required. Chip covered this 9 dec 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the later advice to proceed at that stage was on 'possible violation', not on the basis that the case would reach 'comfortable satisfaction'. And so it would seem it hasn't reached comfortable satisfaction.

They may not count as footy media but The Age have been pretty brutal in their opinion still
10947262_10153215562316972_6425515750974326334_n.jpg

Kind of very disturbing 'women & child found dead' is under ASADA news.

Can you please provide a credible link to prove that internal ASADA legal advice notified the CEO that they shouldn't go ahead?

Not some "Chip" story where he heard it from the gospel

This was after the advice at the time of the interim report (which did come out in the trial) that the case was curcumstantial and would not succeed. the later advice was based on the low burden of proof required. Chip covered this 9 dec 2014.
Things changed from 2013 to 2014. 3 people gave it the go ahead. McDevitt doesn't sound like it's time to give up.

Can you please provide a credible link to prove that internal ASADA legal advice notified the CEO that they shouldn't go ahead?

Not some "Chip" story where he heard it from the gospel
It was in Andruska's own cover letter to the Interim report, which you could access a PDF of after the trial. Have a copy somewhere but struggling to find it - I'm pretty sure you can google it up. It said there was a circumstantial case on TB4 but not strong enough to pursue players. Middleton had a discussion with Howe at the end of the trial, when Howe said they would just go back and re-issue notices. Middleton asked what their case would be, and Howe said it would be "substantially the same". Looking from the outside, it doesn't look like in all the time since then, any material evidence has changed.

Age now running with McDevitt saying if evidence that he doesn't have arises then he would take further action. Wow, talk about desperate! Front page, mind you. If evidence arises that Joe Bloggs is a psycho killer, Joe Bloggs is in trouble. Breathtaking.

The AFL Players Association (AFLPA) has warned it will take time for a decision on whether the league's Anti-Doping Tribunal findings are made public.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...er-afl-anti-doping-trib/6366438?section=sport
What are they going to do? Taunt someone and fart in their general direction?

This bunch of ******* clowns are the ones I despise the most from this sad, sorry saga.

From the outset, they have had two clear responsibilities to manage seperately:

1. Support the 34 infracted players (and those others immediately on the periphery) and hold both EFC and AFL to account; to ensure the health and well-being of those players is held above the self interests of personnel from the AFL & EFC.

2. Protect the interests of the players from the other 17 clubs, to ensure that the game remains as drug-free as possible, for a level and safe playing field for ALL players.

And the odd thing here - supporting and assisting ASADA (rather than openly attacking them) actually aids in both of the above. Just goes to show how little support the players really have, when clubs put their goals ahead of the players' and their representative association is a league puppet, dancing as directed by the AFL.

And they wonder why involvement at junior levels continues to drop off?

This is obviously a totally unsatisfactory "conclusion" as we are no closer to knowing whether the players were doping than at the start of the saga.

This is obviously a totally unsatisfactory "conclusion" as we are no closer to knowing whether the players were doping than at the start of the saga.
To the contrary, we know EFC are not guilty of taking TB4 and no other charges were levelled. So we are vey much advanced since the start of the saga. We also know how much information was collected, analysed and digested by ASADA and their advisors and they still failed to prove their case. Not forgetting of course that poor record keeping does not of itself hide any guilt, unless of course your case rests on records you blindly believe should exist, but in fact they never existed in the first place.

You know, if you actually bothered to read the code and rules instead of making stuff up, your posts might \actually be worth reading. There's a hint for you.

The rules are straight forward and making up nonsense about soft tissue injuries just looks silly. Proof and absolute proof is not the reason it didn't make a civil court. It didn't go there because there is a dedicated process for dealing with these things and they are handled under the code.

As for Crowley, the rules are clear. He needed to be clear on gameday and therefore has breached the code. He can present a defence but considering the makeup of the tribunal and their history with him, I'm not convinced he can get a fair hearing. We shall see.

Then you asked me a question on OH & S and without even considering whether I might have an opinion, you accused me of double standards. That I think sums up your posts in a nutshell.
Once again I didn't accuse you. I accused the whole operation in AFL ASADA WADA investigating and how they have formed their policy. Look if you want to read my stuff as having a shot at you every time I make a point thats OK, I DON'T CARE.

When I talked about soft tissue injury I was not making anything up , I was discussing the fact that the sport supplements may have been used for in the beginning a good reason, you know , you understand that?
Essendon didn't set out to kill or maim their squad!??

The fact was that they found out that Wada and Asada had a little time differences or little idea differences as to what was and what wasn't illegal "AT THE TIME" so there is a discrepancy already to the public,( to the public) what went on behind the scenes no one not even Mc Devitt knew even though he thought he had witness'.

What we do know is that Essendon were working on a way to make players healthier and stronger, now it seems they may have gone about it the wrong way. Do you follow?

What I was saying was.... that perhaps , because they had had some soft tissue injury in the past that they were looking for a way to stop them being as bad, ok you have that?

Then we get McDevitt spitting his dummy and calling the players pin cushions , so I mentioned long term activity of pain killing injections , I think they are dangerous if you send players back onto the ground after numbing some part of the body , they could and probably have, players with long term older age problems because of injections.

I'm not talking about an injection to have your eye stitched up either.

Now give me your opinion of OH&S, and pain killers, by injection, even with the Doc's approval , there are no guarantees!

But remember go to court and make sure you have reliable witness', that you can use then you may be able to tell the world Essendon footballers were pin cushions, make sure you have evidence that the substances you are accusing people of using are provable to be what you say they are, don't go over board against a club, after a tribunal decision, when the coach and the club have been fined punished and banned already.
Don't use the 34 players as a way of punishing a club more, and when you can't win , don't keep making rash statements that are inflammatory when the lost cause two days ago was about the players, not the club.

NOW MR IMPERIAL-OZ, I AM TALKING JUST THERE ABOVE, ABOUT MC DEVITT AND ASADA, NOT ABOUT YOU MATE!

I think the thing that pisses a lot of people off is if you don't dot the i's or cross the t's properly with player contracts, etc, the AFL come down hard with big fines, but in this case, a club pertains to not even having kept records of their activities, and that's okay by the AFL. Friggin' joke.
i'LL BET RECORDS WILL BE IN FORCE FROM NOW ON. THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHER CLUBS INVOLVED , THE SHREDDER WILL BE WORKING AND THE NEW RECORDS WRITTEN UP. hah haaa !!!

Once again I didn't accuse you. I accused the whole operation in AFL ASADA WADA investigating and how they have formed their policy. Look if you want to read my stuff as having a shot at you every time I make a point thats OK, I DON'T CARE.

When I talked about soft tissue injury I was not making anything up , I was discussing the fact that the sport supplements may have been used for in the beginning a good reason, you know , you understand that?
Essendon didn't set out to kill or maim their squad!??

The fact was that they found out that Wada and Asada had a little time differences or little idea differences as to what was and what wasn't illegal "AT THE TIME" so there is a discrepancy already to the public,( to the public) what went on behind the scenes no one not even Mc Devitt knew even though he thought he had witness'.

What we do know is that Essendon were working on a way to make players healthier and stronger, now it seems they may have gone about it the wrong way. Do you follow?

What I was saying was.... that perhaps , because they had had some soft tissue injury in the past that they were looking for a way to stop them being as bad, ok you have that?

Then we get McDevitt spitting his dummy and calling the players pin cushions , so I mentioned long term activity of pain killing injections , I think they are dangerous if you send players back onto the ground after numbing some part of the body , they could and probably have, players with long term older age problems because of injections.

I'm not talking about an injection to have your eye stitched up either.

Now give me your opinion of OH&S, and pain killers, by injection, even with the Doc's approval , there are no guarantees!

But remember go to court and make sure you have reliable witness', that you can use then you may be able to tell the world Essendon footballers were pin cushions, make sure you have evidence that the substances you are accusing people of using are provable to be what you say they are, don't go over board against a club, after a tribunal decision, when the coach and the club have been fined punished and banned already.
Don't use the 34 players as a way of punishing a club more, and when you can't win , don't keep making rash statements that are inflammatory when the lost cause two days ago was about the players, not the club.

NOW MR IMPERIAL-OZ, I AM TALKING JUST THERE ABOVE, ABOUT MC DEVITT AND ASADA, NOT ABOUT YOU MATE!

Time for your medication

Remove this Banner Ad

Back