Preview Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG, 02/04/15, 7.20pm AEST. (FREE LIKES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Yagmoor had too much going on outside of football, and was probably debuted a bit to early.

McIntosh has spent 2 long years developing in the Magoos and has the general stigma of someone who has something to prove but believes in themselves and those around them. I think you'll find McIntosh put himself in every situation possible to get involved in the game, he might even be the first one to drop a bloke man-handling Cotchin. So just let McCaffer know someone will have his number the two times we meet this year!
And with respect, Carlton ain't Hawthorn.

See you all at the game! (I'll be wearing black, with yellow trim)
GO TIGES!!

After watching all the Jeep propaganda in the pre-season video this week, for some reason I finished with a lot more faith in the match committee. That little window into a room with a half-dozen coaches and staff... magnets all over a board; match-ups, over-analysis of strengths etc. There's a reason for the 22 blokes selected each week- Dimma's favourites aside, it's not a rushed or offhand decision.

Agree 100% that it's not a rushed or offhand decision...however on BF, there are the other 100 tiger coaches that have an opinion:cool:

Peter Yagmoor was a defender delisted last year.

2012 round 1 Collingwod v Hawthorn friday night ( I think) in front of 80,000 or so.

Peter Yagmoor had a great pre season and nab cup form was excellent. Tipped to be the Leon Davis replacement in the backline.

Shat his pants and got doughnuts, (had a kick in which doesn't count) never recovered and his VFL form was poor after that. Was than demoted to the rookie list. Seemed to improve a little bit over the next couple of years but was eventually delisted.

His career was ruined by an early debut.

Edit: Hope McIntosh goes alright.

We have our own version...Andrew Browne...started off Round 1 in the ruck by Plough and got well and truly reamed poor bugger

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have our own version...Andrew Browne...started off Round 1 in the ruck by Plough and got well and truly reamed poor bugger

That was a two edged blade though Browne was for the most part s**t, played other games later but was played way too early by a desperate coach.

Just got me thinking though... How things have changed since Wallace, and Hardwick before he had a list.

Someone on here (i think) made this brilliant video last year, can't remember if it was for Sydney or Port but it fires me right up.

Carn Tigers!!!

Jakey King features a lot in there... Gee we had no idea how important he was when he was with us I reckon.
Was seen as a bit of a character but made many HUGE plays.

Would have been the perfect player to have in the forward 50 tonight.

I miss Push Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back