Votes: 137 34.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Quinn

Rookie
Mar 24, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
there's nothing in that article that wasn't in the presser. It's a nothing article imo, no transcript, no complete questions or answers, just select quotes pieced to together to get you outraged. It seems it's worked.

Yeah.... well... I way already outraged :)

He still gave them an interview, despite how desperately the article has been put together, he is still direct quoted talking about things he shouldn't be.

But you're probably right. You lot could learn a thing or two from Fairfax. They troll Essendon supporters better than anybody.

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeh, I can see that. I don't have to like it all that much though. The underlying, long-term risk to the sport and player health is a bit under-focused at present.

Hopefully the supporters will still be there for the players when they've well retired, hanging around the club as past-players, struggling with depression, mystery illnesses, sick children, etc (yes, I'm over-dramatising it a bit).

At the moment your average old past-player is largely afflicted by arthritis, dodgy knees and backs, gnarled fingers and hands - I hope that all of the 34 (and any other with similar worries, e.g. Hunter) have nothing "worse" than that to look forward to.

What was the focus of the players? Never heard one rail against the drugs they were given. They were worried about whether they'd get off. For the past 2 years haven't heard from one Essendon player worried about what they took.

ASADA chief reveals concern that Essendon records may have been destroyed

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-may-have-been-destroyed-20150401-1mcthw.html

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority boss Ben McDevitt has revealed his concern that crucial records of the Essendon supplements program may have been "either destroyed or removed".

In an exclusive interview with Fairfax Media, Mr McDevitt warned of fresh show-cause notices if evidence emerged of document destruction in an attempt to cover-up the use of a banned substance.
Once again as the judge noted in his report McDevitt comments are contentious and lack proper evidence. The head of ASADA should not making such speculative comments.

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
Once again as the judge noted in his report McDevitt comments are contentious and lack proper evidence. The head of ASADA should not making such speculative comments.

Well where the @&&$ are they Sherlock?

Someone either has them or they are destroyed. FFS you are picking him up for what everyone is thinking.

They received a call from Vlad, funny that from there, they 'self' report and have no records.

Common sense is not a strong suit.

Last edited:

romeoh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeo, agreed, now keep going. What else did the judges have to say?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
so whats the game plan? Dope your players without their knowledge and consent, or rely on 45 players, and their families and friends to keep a secret?

Just like the Chinese swim team, and the east German athletics. Head in the sand stuff, no questions asked, none answered

From a guy who can turn TB4 from the supplier into fairy dust based on (?), that is a bit rich.
Well from the report it seems ASADA couldn't even prove to a comfortable level that first batch from China was TB4. Talk about fairy dust.

So the judge didn't believe people who had said things the opposite of his findings?

Reminds me of the New Zealand judge in Monkeygate who virtually called half the Australian cricket team liars when he wanted to find Harbhajan innocent of racial slurs against Symonds.

The judges comments on McDevott were in relation to mcdevitts decision of whether or not there was a violation ie issuing SCNs. Clearly shows the judges opinion of the SCNs. Mcdevitt should resign immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
not in todays sporting environment. Doping 45 players without their knowledge, especially after this recent case, would be all but impossible

So the tribunal was not satisfied they used the legal variant. The were satisfied that the supply chain thought they had TB4.

Impossible?

What part of not guilty of charges are you struggling with?
What part of insufficient evidence are you struggling with? Not guilty does not mean innocent. I can see you are pleased that your club got away with doping, just don't be an ass about it.

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
The judges comments on McDevott were in relation to mcdevitts decision of whether or not there was a violation ie issuing SCNs. Clearly shows the judges opinion of the SCNs. Mcdevitt should resign immediately.

Ha ha ha, so your club, coach and support staff caused the greatest impact to the game, but you want the CEO of the drug detection agency to resign?

Effing big LOLs

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why is he giving personal opinions and 'I reckons' in his capacity as the head of a government agency? And why the fcuk is speaking to the media again? Wasn't his 6 hour self-indulgent hissy fit today long enough to express his feelings?

If the tribunal finding was incorrect then he'll get his chance at the appeals stage.

He's got a finding to be going over, and a potential appeal to launch. Until then, he should shut up and stop trying to out-media Richard Ings.
As an Australian tax payer and massive sports fan, I think it's imperative we find out what was in the brown vial that Dank injected into players.

We know it wasn't thymomodulin. The tribunal think it's possible it was TB4.

For people to be celebrating this lack of a result (ie. Finding the truth) is unwholesome to me.

If McDevitt needs to get a gig on Sunrise every morning FFS in order to flush the truth out of someone involved, then I support that.

This 'it's finished, let's move on' line that is being pushed by those with vested interests is absolute garbage.

The tribunal result probably makes it clearer than ever that dodgy s**t was going on and we should all be pressuring Essendon to come clean.

Last edited:

romeoh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Uhuh , keep going though, what else do the judges say?

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
What part of insufficient evidence are you struggling with? Not guilty does not mean innocent. I can see you are pleased that your club got away with doping, just don't be an ass about it.
i never said innocent, I said not guilty.

And please, you dont think Essendon supporters deserve to be arses after the last 2 years on here?

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
So the tribunal was not satisfied they used the legal variant. The were satisfied that the supply chain thought they had TB4.

Impossible?
impossible. The Essendon case was a wake up for the entire league. Theres no way a team would try to dope an entire list without their knowledge.

Also, the players legal team never tried to prove the use of a compliant form of thymosin, so that theory hasnt been tested

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
impossible. The Essendon case was a wake up for the entire league. Theres no way a team would try to dope an entire list without their knowledge.

Also, the players legal team never tried to prove the use of a compliant form of thymosin, so that theory hasnt been tested

But the tribunal was satisfied the supply chain thought they had TB4.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well from the report it seems ASADA couldn't even prove to a comfortable level that first batch from China was TB4. Talk about fairy dust.

The guy that made it said it was TB4.

The guy that bought it said it was TB4.

The guy that compounded it said it was TB4.

My understanding of 'comfortable satisfaction' clearly needs revision!

i never said innocent, I said not guilty.

And please, you dont think Essendon supporters deserve to be arses after the last 2 years on here?
No, I dont. You know it is very likely your players took banned substances, but for a lack of records, they go unpenalised. Be grateful, celebrate, but don't be an arse. Sure as eggs, there'll be another twist in this.

Back