No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club hasn't punished him, in fact, the only action the club has done is extend his contract for two years and paid him up front for a year he didn't coach.

You could argue that club punishment was made redundant by the league punishment. The contract was intrinsically tied to it.

You know my thoughts on that particular decision, but therein lies the rationale I'd argue.

But WADA are omnipotent, ooga booga etc

Lance Uppercut can fill you in on specifics from the HTB geniuses

Wada to come over the top

There is only so many times you can watch the same movie over and over again before you get sick of it.it's sad those foamers over at the HTB are clinging on for dear life for Asada/Wada to appeal.

It's actually not an afl opinion, it's medical fact. In high enough doses things like vitamin b12 can cause blood clots in some people (just as one example)

I have no issue with clubs pushing limits, but I think two things must be in place if this happens. The first is informed consent, the players must know all parameters of what they are agreeing to, the risks, and accept accordingly. The second part is a rigid compliance program to ensure the safety and security of sourcing and monitoring.

For the first, I think the club went a fair part of the way (but only when the players raised the issue). For the latter, leaving everything in Danks hands was wrong just because no single individual should be responsible for sale, purchasing, approval, administration, recording, and monitoring.

And JFYI, my view has always been efc isnt alone on this. Yes it may be at the pointy edge of the sword, but a number of clubs had injection programs at a smaller degree, and most clubs had SFA compliance practices in place to manage their supplement use.
We all know that but unfortunately can't express it with "Essendon" written under our avatars. "Thousands of injections" is some of the most putrid rhetoric in this whole thing. My friend works for another afl club and all their vitamin shots and injections for injured muscles are just given around the place, in their hotel rooms when travelling etc and they are regular and I'm sure if you added up all the players' injections uou would find they were up around #*~ONE THOUSAND~*# as well. This is where I am really disappointed in the other clubs being so limp dick about even loosely describing their own programs. They come out now and say that they're glad of the result because the competition needs a strong Essendon but basically said nothing on this so that it could be painted that their programs were nothing but musashi and oranges at half time.

There is only so many times you can watch the same movie over and over again before you get sick of it.it's sad those foamers over at the HTB are clinging on for dear life of Asada/Wada appealing.
How could you get sick of this?

over-the-top-1987.jpg

This is why this delicious thread can never be closed. The tribunal findings have done nothing to slow the momentum of this debacle and for years to come there will be screeching of *Insert my opinion which is undoubtedly correct and anyone who disagrees is wrong dammit!!!!!*
The ongoing nature of Benny McDummyspit's behaviour, squealing about governance failings from *all in Sunbury (gold) , HTB delusion etc is a joy to watch. Let them kick and scream all they wish.........the facts remain as following. These facts will not be altered by any amount of foaming at gob.

1. Players found not guilty.
2. Hird will coach the club until the end of 2016.
3. It feels good man.

And upon additional reflection the infamous "over soon" sure does make me chortle.

Not sure if serious.

I know you are anti Hird. But that poster, like many, can't even recall that Hird has already been punished for his role in this.

If that is the best of the opposition posts, then may the gods help us.

He actually isn't.

The club hasn't punished him, in fact, the only action the club has done is extend his contract for two years and paid him up front for a year he didn't coach.
IMO, Hird has been punished more than most in this saga. Forget about the money, he is a coach first and foremost. having no contact with the club/players (whilst being gagged) and having your reputation forever tarnished by the media dogs would have broken lesser men. I am not saying he does not share some blame but he has paid his dues.

He is also the ONLY person to have actually apologised for his part in this mess.

The Crameri's looked like a great family when they were on The Hangar a season or two ago. Thanks mum.
He took a bullet for the club in August 2013 when he took the suspension to help the club, even when he knew we had done nothing wrong and were not guilty. And look how it has ended up... Not Guilty.

The Crameri's looked like a great family when they were on The Hangar a season or two ago. Thanks mum.

He took a bullet for the club in August 2013 when he took the suspension to help the club, even when he knew we had done nothing wrong and were not guilty. And look how it has ended up... Not Guilty.

"Will be in a good place" seems he has been proven correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvious outcome.

Congratulations to all EFC supporters, but the flip side is that you have had to endure 2+ years of what has turned out to be nothing short of a disgrace.
said it beforeso
not coaching for a year was something hird chose to do? He wanted to coach and had it taken from him. That is 100% form of punishment in my eyes.

Pevers, I'm not saying I agree with most of what was written there and nor would I consider it one of the best opposition posts I've read, but at least it was a change from the "**** the players, they knew those evil dirty rotten cheats" drivel that has become the norm in most places.
Fair enough. I just disagree it is even remotely balanced, fair or sensible.

Anyhoo - how long before Little smacks McDipshit down for his slanderous comments?

There is only so many times you can watch the same movie over and over again before you get sick of it.it's sad those foamers over at the HTB are clinging on for dear life for Asada/Wada to appeal.
but the best bit is going to be when WADA release the inevitable statement: "WADA are unhappy with the result, WADA will always maintain a fair, drug free environment, what happened in the AFL was a disgrace but WADA note the strong action taken by the AFL, and understand that a lack of evidence unfortunately prevent WADA from taking further action, however WADA is satisfied with the actions of the AFL and their inegrity officers and look forward to a fair clean future blah blah blah" comes out they are all going to look like little boys who've realised the adult they are walking next to in the shopping mall isn't actually their mum.

And you know what? I don't think it will take 42 days either. I think that day is coming a lot quicker than anyone expects...

but the best bit is going to be when WADA release the inevitable statement: "WADA are unhappy with the result, WADA will always maintain a fair, drug free environment, what happened in the AFL was a disgrace but WADA note the strong action taken by the AFL, and understand that a lack of evidence unfortunately prevent WADA from taking further action, however WADA is satisfied with the actions of the AFL and their inegrity officers and look forward to a fair clean future blah blah blah" comes out they are all going to look like little boys who've realised the adult they are walking next to in the shopping mall isn't actually their mum.

And you know what? I don't think it will take 42 days either. I think that day is coming a lot quicker than anyone expects...

And people will vent their anger, I do love how serious people too the statement on the NRL players as thats why Essendon players won't get away with it.

This is why this delicious thread can never be closed. The tribunal findings have done nothing to slow the momentum of this debacle and for years to come there will be screeching of *Insert my opinion which is undoubtedly correct and anyone who disagrees is wrong dammit!!!!!*
The ongoing nature of Benny McDummyspit's behaviour, squealing about governance failings from *all in Sunbury (gold) , HTB delusion etc is a joy to watch. Let them kick and scream all they wish.........the facts remain as following. These facts will not be altered by any amount of foaming at gob.

1. Players found not guilty.
2. Hird will coach the club until the end of 2016.
3. It feels good man.

And upon additional reflection the infamous "over soon" sure does make me chortle.

This post is dead spot on...

I tested the HTB waters yesterday and you are right mate... They just keep throwing each other cold chips and then the frenzy goes on...

I'm pretty thick skinned about this topic but that thread on Jobes effort as a captain was the last straw for me in feeling that any rational can be seen... the HTB are just dead set wanna be bullies if you look at the whole picture...

Still wonder what's going to happen with Dank and the tribunal. If he's guilty I still see ASADA and some of the media hanging their hat on that.

Can see him being found guilty, but not for TB4 at Ess seeing as the tribunal didn't even consider whether it was injected, due to points 1 & 2 not being proven to comfortable satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back