Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know all signs point to him missing out but I wouldn't be discounting Freeman from playing yet.

Be a Surprise since he has not played since the 1st VFL Practise Game down at Geelong

If sinclair gets a game then im bailing on this season. Im sick of clowns like this getting a go....should have been delisted 3 years ago
Absolutely agree 100% would be absolutely laughed out of hawthorn. The bloke tries 100% im sure kills it on the track but unless he has improved his kicking 10000% then there is no way he will be a good AFL footballer.

Absolutely agree 100% would be absolutely laughed out of hawthorn. The bloke tries 100% im sure kills it on the track but unless he has improved his kicking 10000% then there is no way he will be an AFL footballer.

Well Bucks seems to like his Players that Try 100% but have bad Skills

That is my number 1 worry for buckley as a coach. He just keeps playing the wrong blokes who just are honestly terrible for a long time. Martin Clark, Jordan Russell, Sinclair ect..

Even the fact that Nathan Brown is on the leadership group truely questions his judgement. I really don't rate him.

That is my number 1 worry for buckley as a coach. He just keeps playing the wrong blokes who just are honestly terrible for a long time. Martin Clark, Jordan Russell, Sinclair ect..

Even the fact that Nathan Brown is on the leadership group truely questions his judgement. I really don't rate him.

You can also add these names to the list that are on our List:

• Blair
  • Dwyer
  • MaCaffer
  • Greenwood
  • Crisp
  • Williams
  • Ramsey
  • Toovey
  • Goodyear

It's not just Bucks who likes him, I can't remember his exact comment, (maybe someone else who was at the fan forum last year will remember), but I distinctly remember Derek Hine commenting that night that he was absolutely convinced Ben Sinclair was destined to play over 150 senior games for us.

It's not just Bucks who likes him, I can't remember his exact comment, (maybe someone else who was at the fan forum last year will remember), but I distinctly remember Derek Hine commenting that night that he was absolutely convinced Ben Sinclair was destined to play over 150 senior games for us.

Well - I have found the last 3 Drafts Hine has picked more players with Good Disposal/Descion Making.

Helps having 1st Round Picks to take those players

Agree RE: Brown. Played 2 very good games about about 100 shockers. Still getting games based on his 2010gf performances. Not good enough

Well - I have found the last 3 Drafts Hine has picked more players with Good Disposal/Descion Making.

Helps having 1st Round Picks to take those players

Absolutely, we did make finals for 8 straight years and had to make do with lower selections in that time. Sinclair after all was taken at pick 62 in the 2009 draft.

Incidentally, we selected two more players after Sinclair that night, both of those players also exhibited doubtful decision making abilities.:(

Agree RE: Brown. Played 2 very good games about about 100 shockers. Still getting games based on his 2010gf performances. Not good enough

Who would you play in his place on Saturday night?

You can also add these names to the list that are on our List:

• Blair
  • Dwyer
  • MaCaffer
  • Greenwood
  • Crisp
  • Williams
  • Ramsey
  • Toovey
  • Goodyear
Strange that you have named 3 blokes that are yet to even play a game for the club, one being a draft pick last year and another finisher runner up in a top 4's b&f last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, we did make finals for 8 straight years and had to make do with lower selections in that time. Sinclair after all was taken at pick 62 in the 2009 draft.

Incidentally, we selected two more players after Sinclair that night, both of those players also exhibited doubtful decision making abilities.:(

Well those 2 where Josh Thomas(Could be Banned from the AFL for Drug Cheating) and Simon Buckley was De-Listed

On a separate note I have to ask on what basis do you believe Kennedy is more dangerous than Broomhead?

I'd have Broomhead as the more skilled, better finisher, more versatile, more improved since joining us and the better mover in traffic. I can only assume you're referring to their ability to accumulate which I would now rate even having watched Broomhead closely over the past 12 months he's a 30 ppg VFL player and displayed a level of consistency within 3 games at AFL level last year.

I like Kennedy moving forward because he is someone that can with time replace others that I view as periphery talents, but there is a degree of sameness to his game compared to the likes of Blair, JT (previously) and Adams whereas Broomhead just has that silk that we are so lacking currently.
I think he gets to dangerous places on the forward line and crumbs better. His shin issues have affected his ability to develop a tank we are told but in pre season last year and when given a chance at senior level in 2014 he impressed me. Thought he was great in the Gold Coast game especially, he shone a bit when others struggled.

I think he is a good kick who has not displayed that so far. We will see that hopefully as he settles into the team. Broomy around goals I see more of an opportunist whereas Kennedy has more chance of creating something out of a half chance.

Strange that you have named 3 blokes that are yet to even play a game for the club, one being a draft pick last year and another finisher runner up in a top 4's b&f last year

Goodyear is know to be a real Tryer but use by foot is way below average and Greenwood is a Hard Nut but came to club knowing was not a Good Kick

I actually think Sinclair has improved out of sight and is probably now one of our better kicks. Having him run out of defence with ball in hand and looking for an option is good for us. I'd much rather Sinclair doing that than Williams or even Toovey. Up until Seedsman comes back Sinclair and Langdon are our best options rebounding from defence.

It absolutely belted down rain again today and the ground can't hold any more moisture. It is now pooling everywhere looking to run off. No matter what happens between now and Saturday night it will be a soggy, humid, slippery match.

We need tough blokes willing to put there heads over the ball and really slog it out to win this game.

Teams are announced today. Going to have to wait till Channel 7 feel like releasing them to the public. TD has been denied the opportunity to post them at 5pm for several years now. He could have been closer to his 50000 summit had the announcement monopoly not been granted to 7.

Bloody Channel 7. What is wrong with the Old team being Released at 5pm?

and I be out at that time for Tea

Agreed. Our defense and game plan was excellent that year. Reiwolt was never given a chance in that game being out numbered nearly every contest. Our pressure up the ground caused some horrible kicks from StKilda out of there backline giving our defense an easy job of cleaning it up when we had an extra number back there every time.

We just dont have guys who are winning 1 on 1's. We need Reid back there ASAP

Bullshit. Brown was beaten by his direct opponent (kicked 2+ goals against him) a whopping total of 2 times in 2013. Now after an injury destroyed 2014 he's suddenly no good?

Spare me.

I think he gets to dangerous places on the forward line and crumbs better. His shin issues have affected his ability to develop a tank we are told but in pre season last year and when given a chance at senior level in 2014 he impressed me. Thought he was great in the Gold Coast game especially, he shone a bit when others struggled.

I think he is a good kick who has not displayed that so far. We will see that hopefully as he settles into the team. Broomy around goals I see more of an opportunist whereas Kennedy has more chance of creating something out of a half chance.
Couldn't agree more. Kid has heaps of ability.

It's criminal that he hasn't had more of a senior run the last couple of seasons.

He'll have a big year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back