Autopsy Post match discussion Pies vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Yippeeeee another win! :)

Fantastic to see the young guys showing some skill and class tonight.
Broomhead, Grundy, Seedsman.
Crisp, Varcoe, Dwyer, Blair, Elliott, Cloke and Pendlebury.
And the mercurial Swan.:hearts:

It was a great, unrelenting team effort.

Yes mistakes were made, but the second, third and fourth efforts were fantastic in very difficult conditions.

I, for one, am proud of the team for tonight's effort.

Every win over St. Kilda is doubly enjoyable because you just know how much it hurts a certain Saints supporter who frequents the main board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Dwyer - May as well give that goal to you. Knew he couldn't mark it slapped it with the left to the crumber

Another excellent effort from Dwyer there right at the death - helped break up the play when the Saints looked like they were going to get it in space on the wing and then ran with his man all the way to the forward pocket and helped stop what would have been an easy goal right on the siren.

Swanny also actually looked good for the first time in a long time - got a lot of the pill and was damaging when he got it. Let's hope he continues to get his legs under him as if he can get his burst back (he's not quite there yet) then the game will open up for him more even against better opposition.

Well done boys - kept your effort levels and focus up for the 4 quarters for a well deserved win. :)

Great win, couldn't really find a bad player. Everyone contributed.

We actually looked tall and not a team of short people.

Swan and pendles were great but crisp really stood out for me. He's like a bill, harasses and hunts the man and the ball. Strong body therefore hard to bring to ground.

Varcoe put his body in this week and would've led the di count surely!

Apparently the 5th most inside 50's in AFL history. Where are the Buckley haters now?

Crisp, Broomy, Swan, Varcoe all awesome

Calm down, we played the reigning wooden spooners. Lets enjoy the win but really i want to see us perform next week against good opposition. Thats where we find out where we stand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back