Welcome to Collingwood Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Crisp has started his Collingwood career as well as we had any right to expect. Hopefully continues the upward trajectory and becomes a player for a long while

Plays hard is quick and can utilise his size.
I see him as a talent who will be a regular for us here on out.

Great pick up, lucky he wasn't untouchable.

Looked like Brisbane could have done with somone like him against us.

His assets lie in his size and running. We know his size is fantastic at 190cm and 90kg. It's perfect. But his running is what I want to touch on. He's both very fast and very fit.
Good post. On this bit, while I don't disagree, I'd point out that this is the modern version of a midfielder and in that regard it isn't as much a weapon of his as a status quo asset. Will he better than the average 190cm hard running mid? He won't be better in a Pendlebury mould but perhaps in a Swan mould? He doesn't have to be as good as Swan but he has to be a fair bit better than someone like Clint Jones in this era.

Good post. On this bit, while I don't disagree, I'd point out that this is the modern version of a midfielder and in that regard it isn't as much a weapon of his as a status quo asset. Will he better than the average 190cm hard running mid? He won't be better in a Pendlebury mould but perhaps in a Swan mould? He doesn't have to be as good as Swan but he has to be a fair bit better than someone like Clint Jones in this era.
Agree, and even though it's a simplistic assessment, it might just come down to how many times he can get the footy in a game.

Agree, and even though it's a simplistic assessment, it might just come down to how many times he can get the footy in a game.
IMO it's the intangible that makes the difference. Doing something special at the right time or reading the play and masking the play open up for him. Heath Shaw doesn't have any special talent other than a big heart and an ability to read the game better than 99% of footballers. Right now that looks to be sadly lacking at Collingwood. Pendlebury, Swan and to a lesser extent Reid are the only ones. I have some hope for Elliot also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said in my earlier posts the kid can play.
Funny thing is that he could "potentially" end up a better player than Beams lol
He did win Murray Bushrangers B&F so he obviously had talent.
The more games under his belt the better he will get.
Thank you stupid Bears and Greg Swann !!!

Can't say I noticed him last year when he played against us but he's been really good so far.

When was the last time we had a big, quick, aggressive winger who could run all day and loved a bit of a scrap?
That number 42 jumper would fit pretty well......in a year or two.

42 has been retired.

To the people saying who he has the potential to be as good as beams are dreaming. Beams is a star, top 10 in my opinion for mids, I'll be happy if crisp just becomes a good midfielder, I don't think he'll ever be great as beams, and if you think that might be the case you're optimism is a little off the scale!

To the people saying who he has the potential to be as good as beams are dreaming. Beams is a star, top 10 in my opinion for mids, I'll be happy if crisp just becomes a good midfielder, I don't think he'll ever be great as beams, and if you think that might be the case you're optimism is a little off the scale!
Dont write him pff yet he is only 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back