Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues lose by 21.

Smashed them in the clearances, contested possessions, and more scoring shots.

Umpires were ordinary again.

Big story is we showed a lot of heart and belief once we were 5 goals down in the last which makes you wonder why we can't do that all the time.

Still not impressed, I'm not a fan of brave loses. Especially against the bombers.

Atleast we got some confidence against St Kilda, jesus christ if we lose to them..

Disposals efficiency would be a nice thing to improve.

Our kicking is amateur league level.

Byrne needs to start next week and every week as long as he shows as much as he did today.

Despite how well we played in the last quarter, we still suck as much as we have the past fortnight.

So many names out there I wouldn't have expected to still be on the list at this time a few years ago, we are really lacking development

Need to question if Mick is hurting the development of the side

People who blame our kicking for goal on the loss are mistaken, a team shouldn't have to rely on whether or not they're fairly accurate on goal to win a game. We were poor all around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If asda or wada appeal and Essendope get suspended mid season what happens to the teams they've played wouldn't it be unfair on those them?

Another ordinary performance made to look better by the Dons running out of legs. It's amazing the scrutiny carrots and curnow get when are captain was again average. Cripps great though. We are poor but our lack of confidence isn't helping. Dennis showed we need some speed and desperation in the forward line

Byrne is a ripper.
Cripps is a footballer, just needs to kick straight.
Docherty is a ripper.
Juddy playing on muscle memory. Champ.
Murf got into it later on, but decision making and tackling?????
Overall, no system and poor handballing plus airy fairy kicking or worse still just bombing away.

Happy with the performance after the start to the season. Cripps seemed to have a much better game today which was good to see, that shot on goal was terrible but such is life. Casboult's work rate sucks, I think he is to big at the moment and needs to shed some muscle next year.

I don't care if we lose every week as long as the players put in a solid performance and actually try to win for the whole game rather than throwing in the towel. Would like to see Bryne be given a full game and also Cripps deserves his spot in the side for next week.

Having Walker back in the side is great as well, second half was so/so but that's just lack of fitness. Not sure what Yarran was thinking, but he is gone for at least four weeks.

Enjoyed watching Cripps and judd, ellard had a tough day with the continuous long balls on his head. Murphy had a better game that last qtr was actually worth a look. Best game from him in a while. What could we get for Gibbs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back