Game Day Rd 3: Crows v Demons @ Adelaide Oval

A few commented on it at the time. It was a "leap off the couch" moment for me ... that's about as excited as I get prior to finals :) Love that kind of effort from small forwards.

Im glad. Do you agree the guy was worth every dollar that the Blues would not pay him??? I always hated Betts, not because of the person but his ability to cause damage and destruction with his positioning or disposal.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Not a spud mate. You can love a player but discuss his weaknesses and where he needs to improve.

Its one of the big problems with this board. Any criticism of Dangers game is off limits. There is a reason he isn't Captain and hasn't won a best and fairest at the club.

Danger was beaten by his direct opponent today. Its 100% on him.

You can blame the umpires, the weather, his teammates or whoever the hell you want. Just enjoy the smell of your own head up your ass.

So he's human?

Bosley

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 9, 2008
Port Hedland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide United, QPR
Im glad. Do you agree the guy was worth every dollar that the Blues would not pay him??? I always hated Betts, not because of the person but his ability to cause damage and destruction with his positioning or disposal.

Yeah, for sure he has been worth it. When we recruited him I did not agree at all, I thought too inconsistent, boy was I wrong.

My friend who is a Carlton supporter used to put $10 on him every game to kick first goal when he played for them ... quite often got up. He was shattered when they lost him. Amazing the forwards Carlton has let go, add Jacobs to that. Ouch.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
So he's human?

A very very fine specimen of a human yes. Thats my whole point. He is a footballer for the AFC - same as anyone else.

He had a poor game today and was completely beaten by his direct opponent. It should be talked about on this forum. Am i saying drop him or trade him or anything like that? Hell no.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
We've conceded 181 points in 3 games. That's an average of 60.3!!!

Dees scored 41 of their 49 points from turnovers today too.... we don't turn it over, they don't score because they are s**t when they play defensive. Incredible how much they can go from round 1 attacking and winning, to playing defensive and s**t and losing

obviously, but he's all we've got until Lever is up and running and that'll be the start of next year at best.

no point everyone saying he's s**t, drop him. Still better to try and develop him than play Pods down back who is literally our next-best option.
He's inconsistent. Was good last week. s**t this week. Game wasn't suited to them today. Talia was ordinary at times too.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yeah, for sure he has been worth it. When we recruited him I did not agree at all, I thought too inconsistent, boy was I wrong.

My friend who is a Carlton supporter used to put $10 on him every game to kick first goal when he played for them ... quite often got up. He was shattered when they lost him. Amazing the forwards Carlton has let go, add Jacobs to that. Ouch.

Clearly Carlton are asleep at the wheel

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
In all honesty mate. What is Danger doing? He has been completely nullified.

Not just you TSR - but if anyone on this board has played footy - there comes a time where you need to stick up for yourself. You can't rely on the Umps/teammates to do it all the time.

Its one on one with Vince V Danger. Vince is killing him.
Vince absolutely had his number today. Opposition teams will figure out this is the way u play him. Physical and ruff him up it puts him off his game. Where was the blocking, shepherding and intimidation shown towards vince?? Someone shouldve ran through him and stood up for pd. im positive walsh will emphasise this in the team meeting.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Henderson is a spud. Should've traded him to the Pies a year back when they came asking about him

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Vince absolutely had his number today. Opposition teams will figure out this is the way u play him. Physical and ruff him up it puts him off his game. Where was the blocking, shepherding and intimidation shown towards vince?? Someone shouldve ran through him and stood up for pd. im positive walsh will emphasise this in the team meeting.

That can help if its a team wide problem. We saw that last year (especially vs Geelong) where every single player was running past Danger and having a crack. Then it becomes a team problem and they should stick up for him.

This was one on one. It was an opponent he was bigger than and should have been able to beat. Why should we sacrfice another player to help Danger, just because he isn't being physical enough and winning his own 1 on 1 battle. If Walsh is about team first footy - he will have a long talk with Danger tonight - not his team mates.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Having a crap day in the punt but one good bet is going to save me (hopefully). Melbourne lowest scoring team $250 @ $4.75. Just need GW$ to motor on a bit more.

Back