Game Day Port v North Melbourne, Round 3 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Polec needs to work on his defensive skills...
Loved Pittards running goal :D
Maybe putting Westhoff or schultz as the lone forward when we kick in from a behind instead of having a medium sized forward is the way to go
Liked Wingards defensive pressure on multiple occassions his run down to tackle a north player is great to see.. never give up :)

Been too entrenched in watching the match to post my thoughts but a few observations...

We're definitely a better side with Krakouer & especially my buddy Youngy who is killing it in close contests, had Azza played against Freo instead of Neade I'm confident we'd have won that game.

Krakouers been great down back just fits in so well, gets plenty of ball, uses it well & seems to direct traffic well as I noticed telling Wines to kick quick through the middle.

Lastly Pittard is easily our most improved player this year, he's taking the game on like no other & looks a lot sharper both with his kicking & decision making.

I want to see hammer work harder, seems a bit too casual to me. Let's hope he is just preserving energy for a massive second half

we are playing fast flowing port adelaide footy again, that is the most important thing so far.

are we allowed to get a free and the campaignery com box not whinge?

pittard has shares in kleenex

hartlett moving well and even though he missed, that kick that went 65 made me smile.

thalidomide arms. that explains our missed tackles.

paddy looking real good.

ebo having a great start to the year.

dont try to take on wines, you will come second.

dont get in carliles way, you will come second.

anyone who says footy isnt a tough game these days can go and get ****ed.

krakouer, welcome back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder getting better every week.

Krak once he adjusted to the speed and tackling has been mercurial.

Youngy has given us strength over the ball. He and Wines give us some great grunt.

Like to see Ah Chee come on and do a bit.

Enjoyed Bobby's Tony Williams T Rex impersonation.

Still lack a tall. Can't have Schultz up the ground running to get back every time. He's back in form though. Lobbe back next week and we look better.

The final 3 goals have given us the lead we deserve. We're actually up on free kicks although you wouldn't expect it against North. And it was good to see Jay Schulz manipulate the umpire to get a holding free when he was actually the one doing the holding. Tackles are down for each team, 32-23 with Port leading but the Roos have been able to push our guys off too easily.
Broadbent quietened down in that quarter a bit but has 16 disposals, Ebert and Hartlett both have 15. This has easily been Hartlett's best game for the year. Pittard has again been our best running defender with 12 accurate disposals although in that quarter there was a period in the second quarter that even his kicking out of defence was being taken by North players and coming straight back.
Unfortunately, some of the players we would want to do better in Boak, Gray and Wingard are pretty quiet. Although I can recall games where Gray has had single figures of disposals in the first half and ended up with over 30.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back