Review NMFC vs Port Power Post match analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

We got reamed by the umps and we still nearly got them. No losses are good, but that's about as good as losses come.

Don't let round 1 fool you; we're the real ******* deal.

That was s**t. Some will spin an honourable loss out of it.

The list is 6 years in. Should be able to handle flat knacker games like that by now.

Our defensive run was non-existent early.

Previously quality players like Swallow, Thompson, Cunnington, Atley have all gone backwards. I'm not saying anyone of them are s**t and contribute nothing but compared to their potential bests/previous bests they are all off.

The forward line structure is abysmal. Was against Brisbane too. Crowding each other, entries going straight to opponents.

Much more fumbling than I recall almost ever by a North side. The centre square has gone from potential league best to well controlled by 2 opponents in 3 weeks.

Im actually pretty cool after that.
Some big names out - Ziebell early.
We didn't play our best - Our ceiling can lift. Some disappointing factors - but fixable stuff.
Don't usually complain about umpires, but we got the raw end of the pineapple. No real excuse though.

Port are a serious side. It's not time for panic stations at all.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jacobs make way for someone new though.

Tarrant - solid down back. Goldy and Brown good. Wood will get confidence from that. Nahas and Higgins are first 22 atm also.

Boomer is a marvel. 37 next month. Still speedy strong and skilful. Love watching him play.

Gotta expect Waite to have a dud game every now and then. Basti was ok. Atley needs some confidence

Hell of a game. It showed that we missed Wellsy and NDS at the stoppages. But, on the positive side, Mason Wood showed he might finally cement a spot in the lineup and the boys can keep up the pressure of a finalslike game over 4 quarters

One thing that is making my blood boil still though is Scooter getting screwed by Shulz holding a fistful of his jumper. Umps need to review that s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno. Honourable seems to say we were never really meant to win but gave it a crack. I suggest a close game that could have gone either way & yes even good teams sometimes lose close games.

I thought we played well, Port were nearly at there best and playing for there season. We made some bad errors but our pressure was fantastic especially in the second half. Plus all the outs we had made it a good effort. Disappointed we lost that but not a lot of teams will beat us if we can play like that consistently.

Very proud of the lads effort today. Four free kicks in front of goal proved the difference.

We overcame the loss of Wells, Dal Santo and Ziebell, but couldn't quite get over the 4 goal head start the umpires gave them.

I hate losing more than anyone but I really think we had excuses tonight. Some big outs and an unlucky game. Could have still won, needed to win, but we went very close despite the odds.

Bullshit. We played s**t. Nothing to be proud of at all. That was a team that was on the ropes and we could have finished their season right there. Good teams win these games. Port are a good side, we're not.

It's time to stop pretending. Scott isn't takong this group to the level we need to be away. Time for a change.

That team that was on the ropes were preliminary finalists like us last year. They didn't have two of their best ball users out before the ball was bounced. They didn't have a player subbed in the first half, and they had EVERYTHING to play for to keep their season alive. We lost by just 8 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back