Game Day Round 2 - GWS vs Melbourne, Sat 11th Apr 2.10pm at Startrack Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

He tried to back himself on the fifty a couple of times, but was just too far out. He needs to accept he doesn't have that penetration from a set shot. The team also need to recognise this and provide a lay off option or short lead. Failing that, try to put it to the topofthe square.

The second time he lined up there were three players ran past him, two on his right, one on his left, missed who they were, but they all called for the little give. Thought it was hilarious - you ocassionally see one player lurking for a hand off, but three? the team obviously know about his skills, but he ignored all three and kicked it straight to a Melbourne player at the top of the square.

That's roughly around the time I posted my "New Rule: the ball must never touch Toby's foot again", post.

The second time he lined up there were three players ran past him, two on his right, one on his left, missed who they were, but they all called for the little give. Thought it was hilarious - you ocassionally see one player lurking for a hand off, but three? the team obviously know about his skills, but he ignored all three and kicked it straight to a Melbourne player at the top of the square.

That's roughly around the time I posted my "New Rule: the ball must never touch Toby's foot again", post.
Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to imply the team wasn't doing the right thing. They need to keep it up, and not just to Toby. That sort of support and back up can go unrewarded often, but you just have to keep doing and let the coaches sort out the players that keep burning thier mates. Toby needs to get smarter. Reckon he could do worse than watch some tapes of Diesel Williams. There is a lot of similarities between them: great at finding the ball, in and under work and quick accurate hands. Toby is much faster than Diesel ever was, so can add run and carry that Diesel never could. Will Toby ever have the footy brain half of Diesel's though?

Last edited:

Why would no Giant player be in the square then? Also I see plenty of players ask for the handball and get ignored on the top of the 50.

I want to add another thing, Greene has kicked plenty of great passes, what brings someone to tell a player of a team they support to not kick the ball again.

Why would no Giant player be in the square then? Also I see plenty of players ask for the handball and get ignored on the top of the 50.

I want to add another thing, Greene has kicked plenty of great passes, what brings someone to tell a player of a team they support to not kick the ball again.

I know plenty of players get ignored at the top of the fifty. I just thought it was funny that after the first time he lined up and put it way wide and a fair bit short, the second time a few minutes later, there were a bunch of them lining up for the little give.

And as for why there was no one in the square? Now that's a bloody good question and I would hope it's addressed in the post match review.

And as for the last... Oh come on... Toby's kicking has been a running joke for three years now. There's nobody saying he doesn't hit the mark sometimes, but even you would have to admit he is much, much better by hand than he is by foot. Sad you can't recognise a bit of humour and take it for the affection with which it's meant.

I know plenty of players get ignored at the top of the fifty. I just thought it was funny that after the first time he lined up and put it way wide and a fair bit short, the second time a few minutes later, there were a bunch of them lining up for the little give.

And as for why there was no one in the square? Now that's a bloody good question and I would hope it's addressed in the post match review.

And as for the last... Oh come on... Toby's kicking has been a running joke for three years now. There's nobody saying he doesn't hit the mark sometimes, but even you would have to admit he is much, much better by hand than he is by foot. Sad you can't recognise a bit of humour and take it for the affection with which it's meant.
It's all good, but if we don't support him, no one will.

Not surprised as it felt more like an 8,500 kind of crowd

Giants chief executive David Matthews admits the AFL club is "obsessed" with growing Canberra crowds, ordering a ticket investigation that has exposed more than 1000 spectators unaccounted for during Saturday's match at Manuka Oval. If you thought the crowd for the Giants' match against the Melbourne Demons looked bigger than the 7760 reported, you were right. It turns out there was a malfunction at one of the turnstiles on the east side of the ground, with the official crowd actually 8811 - an increase of 1051, or 13.5 per cent.
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/greater-w...giants-crowd-in-canberra-20150415-1mlqaj.html

Was a good crowd from what I can remember.

NSaI7Qc.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back