Bellarine League 2015 Season and off season news

Remove this Banner Ad

Comfortable win by the Coutas, going by the scoreline. Anyone here get to the game?
No, but it seems like a worry for the comp when there's over 30 goals difference in both reserves and seniors between the so called bottom 2 sides. What are Ammos, Grove, and Torquay going to do to Newcomb. I can realistically see 50 goal + wins.

Comfortable win by the Coutas, going by the scoreline. Anyone here get to the game?
GO YOU SONS OF THE SEA!!
Great result to start off the year, looks like they blew it away in the third. Following the live scores on here it looks like there was the old gale howling over from The Rip and making scoring to the Crows Nest end nigh on impossible..
Same as you I have minimal report to go on over here but looked like a good even team performance, also looks like Jake Hedley might make a decent skipper.
Let's hope we can follow it up against the Jobbies next week

On a side note good to see Port dish out some medicine yesterday - are Newcomb really THAT bad???? Be nice to think the Round 6 game at home might be a cracker as I'll be home for that one and would love to see a stoush reminiscent of the old days in the ' Battle of Swan Bay '

GO YOU SONS OF THE SEA!!
Great result to start off the year, looks like they blew it away in the third. Following the live scores on here it looks like there was the old gale howling over from The Rip and making scoring to the Crows Nest end nigh on impossible..
Same as you I have minimal report to go on over here but looked like a good even team performance, also looks like Jake Hedley might make a decent skipper.

On a side note good to see Port dish out some medicine yesterday - are Newcomb really THAT bad???? Be nice to think the Round 6 game at home might be a cracker as I'll be home for that one and would love to see a stoush reminiscent of the old days in the ' Battle of Swan Bay '

I went down and watched the Anglesea and Barwon heads game. It was a good game of footy as mentioned before the skill level wasn't great but it's only rd 1. If you looked at the scores you would think the wind was a factor but it was a perfect day for footy with no wind. Barwon heads kicked the first goal of the last quarter and I was ready to beat the traffic and head home but Anglesea didn't give up. Peter hardy was very good in the last quarter. My only concern with Anglesea would be the lack of depth . The reserves looked very ordinary and when they get injuries that will test Anglesea.

Ammos are 10 goal better side than last year they are scary good
Be interested to see how they match up against the Tiggers next week. Could get real interesting if they lose. They're likely to kick some ridiculous telephone number score the week after against the poor old Dinos.

GO YOU SONS OF THE SEA!!

Newcomb are average, but the Demons play a very good attacking, confident brand of footy this year including practice games. Their recruits, and returning players are all very good players. Expect a few surprises along the way.

Be interested to see how they match up against the Tiggers next week. Could get real interesting if they lose. They're likely to kick some ridiculous telephone number score the week after against the poor old Dinos.
Ammo's still not at full strength either with Grant and McLean still to come in. Nice predicament to be in. A true match of the round next Saturday night that's for sure. I think Ammo's will be too strong.

Newcomb are average, but the Demons play a very good attacking, confident brand of footy this year including practice games. Their recruits, and returning players are all very good players. Expect a few surprises along the way.
Outside of Ammo's, Torquay and Heads this looks to be one of the closest seasons for some time. I agree, there could be many surprises this season.
Huge game next week for Port at Modda.

Outside of Ammo's, Torquay and Heads this looks to be one of the closest seasons for some time. I agree, there could be many surprises this season.
Huge game next week for Port at Modda.
Care to include Anglesea? They did happen to beat Barwon Heads.

Care to include Anglesea? They did happen to beat Barwon Heads.
No disrespect intended toward Anglesea with my comments. That was a great result knocking off Heads on Saturday. They did finish third last in 2014 however and lost convincingly to Portarlington in the final round too so I will reserve judgment until they have played a few more games.

No disrespect intended toward Anglesea with my comments. That was a great result knocking off Heads on Saturday. They did finish third last in 2014 however and lost convincingly to Portarlington in the final round too so I will reserve judgment until they have played a few more games.
I see the point you were making though. Very even competitive. I feel Ammos clearly ahead on top. Newcomb clearly on the bottom.

Queenscliff to beat South Barwon Heads in a thriller
Ammos over Torquay by 8 goals (closest anyone will get this year)
Grubbers will bounce back over the Hawks
The improving Demons to cause an upset over the warriors and have Sprouley smiling all the way home
And the last game - its going to be another long long year at Jurassic park for the dinos. Anglesea by 200

Barwon Heads over Q'Cliff 5 pts

Ammos 10+goals over Torquay

Grubbers 4 goals over Drysdale

Agree the Demons to upset modda

Seas 200+ over Newcomb which will be the norm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Queenscliff to beat South Barwon Heads in a thriller
Ammos over Torquay by 8 goals (closest anyone will get this year)
Grubbers will bounce back over the Hawks
The improving Demons to cause an upset over the warriors and have Sprouley smiling all the way home
And the last game - its going to be another long long year at Jurassic park for the dinos. Anglesea by 200

Suspect it's going to be a cracker against the Jobbies like both minor round games last year. They might have a slight edge at home with Nik Orvis out and no real recognised forward up front for us with Grouty still not back and Frenchy gone. Then again Hovey is out for them too so mitigates that a bit. Still think the Jobbies at home might have us this time.
Don't write off Torquay, the were the first to roll the Ammos last year and down there they might just knock them off again.
Scrubbers and Drysdale will be close, watching the Scrubbers closely as I'll be back home for the match out there in a couple of weeks.
Port? Can they take advantage of Modewarre's injuries and make it two on end? Hope so. Still have a soft spot for the Demons after so many great contests back in the 70s and 80s.
Another long year at Jurassic Park? :D Classic. Gotta love that after the Dinos kicked us so often when we were down.
Don't think Anglesea will win by 200+ though. Maybe they can get onto the paranoia over here about another Dangerfield coming home and get inspired...

Go Q Boys - Fight on to Victory!!

Anglesea have some great ex GFL depth now dahlhaus, Cunningham, hardy and bews to name a couple. I expect them to make the finals and to surprise a few along the way. I dont think anyone can get near ammos and there all stars though. Dahlhaus to win the league medal too is my tipp

Suspect it's going to be a cracker against the Jobbies like both minor round games last year. They might have a slight edge at home with Nik Orvis out and no real recognised forward up front for us with Grouty still not back and Frenchy gone. Then again Hovey is out for them too so mitigates that a bit. Still think the Jobbies at home might have us this time.
Don't write off Torquay, the were the first to roll the Ammos last year and down there they might just knock them off again.
Scrubbers and Drysdale will be close, watching the Scrubbers closely as I'll be back home for the match out there in a couple of weeks.
Port? Can they take advantage of Modewarre's injuries and make it two on end? Hope so. Still have a soft spot for the Demons after so many great contests back in the 70s and 80s.
Another long year at Jurassic Park? :D Classic. Gotta love that after the Dinos kicked us so often when we were down.
Don't think Anglesea will win by 200+ though. Maybe they can get onto the paranoia over here about another Dangerfield coming home and get inspired...

Go Q Boys - Fight on to Victory!!

Why jobbies and scrubbers?

Thoughts on Round 3?
Scrubbers and Jobbies good scrap. Scrubbers at home, just...
What odds on the Ammos to bag 50 - or will they play their reserve side and still win by 30...
Port just not up to Torquay but will make a fight of it at home
Even game at Drysdale, maybe Hawks a bit to strong for Moddewarre
The mighty Barracoutas to stop the Anglesea bandwagon in its' tracks at the Bowl..

Go Coutas - Fight On To Victory!!

Don't be surprised if a top 5 coach stands down after just 3 games at the helm. Happy to be proven wrong, time will tell I guess...

Don't be surprised if a top 5 coach stands down after just 3 games at the helm. Happy to be proven wrong, time will tell I guess...
As long as it isn't Tommy Limb.....
By the way does anyone know what's going on with Eddie Grout and Caleb Mason? Are they injured? Very hard to keep up with news here in Adelaide

Hardly a scoop if you already knew Falsenine, why didn't you just say it rather than big note yourself as usual, and look like you know everything.

So does anyone know why Ammos gave Marshy his walking papers?? Is it because they didn't beat Newcomb by 300 points??

So does anyone know why Ammos gave Marshy his walking papers?? Is it because they didn't beat Newcomb by 300 points??
He was to hard for them a few big heads wouldnt train so he dropped them they went to committee and sooked either he goes or we go! Zaparenkov the main instigator

Remove this Banner Ad

Back