Matchday 33

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what I mean. Enjoy the loss buddy.
I'm not that fussed by it. We got more points out of this run of fixtures than I thought we would get.

woeful game. chelsea against any half decent team at home are so negative. but they always score, always off a counter and always involving hazard. then it gets worse.
James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

We were forced to play our third striker who is very much past his best for 90 minutes. Of course we were going to be more negative than usual.

Hasn't been the case all season though. Bit of salt.

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

We were forced to play our third striker who is very much past his best for 90 minutes. Of course we were going to be more negative than usual.

Hasn't been the case all season though. Bit of salt.

i don't understand the gif. what part am i crying?

it has nothing to do with drogba. it has to do with naming matic and zouma in the midfield, sitting off and allowing possession, then countering. which is what chelsea have always done in the bigger games.

it works. it's boring, but it works.

salt? ha. i wish we could play like that. i wish we were boring and could win 1-0 more often than not. but don't live in denial that this isn't a common occurrence.

it has nothing to do with drogba. it has to do with naming matic and zouma in the midfield, sitting off and allowing possession, then countering. which is what chelsea have always done in the bigger games.

salt? ha. i wish we could play like that. i wish we were boring and could win 1-0 more often than not. but don't live in denial that this isn't a common occurrence.
You come across as being very bitter. Maybe you aren't and its just the way you write or something, but it comes across as sour grapes.

You come across as being very bitter. Maybe you aren't and its just the way you write or something, but it comes across as sour grapes.

because i don't fall over praising absolutely everything?

it's how chelsea works in their big games. it's not pretty, it's not designed to be, but they win. if that's being bitter, then do with that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why people get upset about Chelsea playing negative. Ends justify the means, and the only people who have a right to demand more from the team are Chelsea supporters. I'm guessing not too many of them are complaining right now.

Don't know why people get upset about Chelsea playing negative. Ends justify the means, and the only people who have a right to demand more from the team are Chelsea supporters. I'm guessing not too many of them are complaining right now.
yes I have to agree on this. well said moomba...

This.
A negative win > an entertaining draw/loss

absolutely. winning is winning.

but that also doesn't mean you can't complain, as a relative neutral, that a game is dull. especially when it's set up to be.

Oh shhh- it has a lot to do with Drogba as well. Besides:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29775977

1-0 at home, boring game against ten man.

Man City:

0-1 Stoke
1-0 United
1-0 Everton
1-0 Leceister
0-1 Burnley
0-1 Barcelona

Chelsea:
1-0 Liverpool
1-0 Everton
1-0 West Ham
1-0 QPR
1-0 Man united

Our last two games have been 1-0 wins, is that where you're getting it from? You are in more of these games than us. Costa didn't play against Everton, United, QPR- with Remy not being available in a lot of these as well. You want us to play an open fast paced game with old man Drogba?

Of course Chelsea are more defensive minded against teams with better offence.... duh?

absolutely. winning is winning.

but that also doesn't mean you can't complain, as a relative neutral, that a game is dull. especially when it's set up to be.
No doubt, most of these types of games are dull. Just don't expect too many Chelsea supporters to care (I didn't watch it until the last 10 minutes so didnt have to suffer)

Man City:

0-1 Stoke
1-0 United
1-0 Everton
1-0 Leceister
0-1 Burnley
0-1 Barcelona

Chelsea:
1-0 Liverpool
1-0 Everton
1-0 West Ham
1-0 QPR
1-0 Man united

Our last two games have been 1-0 wins, is that where you're getting it from? You are in more of these games than us. Costa didn't play against Everton, United, QPR- with Remy not being available in a lot of these as well. You want us to play an open fast paced game with old man Drogba?

Of course Chelsea are more defensive minded against teams with better offence.... duh?

yes, because i said that we had been entertaining and a joy to watch.

You're not obliged to watch it either kizza. I know I wouldn't if I was a neutral and thought it to be negative & boring.

Fortunately I'm a fan and think it's as entertaining as all hell cos we're winning :D

because it's football and i like watching football.

and you're perfectly entitled to. but i'm not going to get giddy over it.

yes, because i said that we had been entertaining and a joy to watch.

Everyone has these boring games- Chelsea just has them against top opposition more often than not- but still score.

Liverpool have played in 12 1-0 games.
Arsenal have played in five.
United have played in six.

Other supporters are just upset that Chelsea have them against them (the top teams) and always seem to come out in top in them. Instead of 1-0 scrappy slugfests against bottom teams.

Remember being pissed off at the end of that game because we were in total control and then Pellegrini nearly threw it away by pushing for more goals. It really is the opposite of the point you are trying to make. Had 3 nailed on penalties not given that game as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back