Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet Bundy is having fun, maybe he can console himself with his namesake :D

We sure as heck better win tomorrow as North will be a lot harder next week

Pretty confident we will beat a Ablettless, spiritless GC. North will be tougher but missing Dal Santo and Ziebell. I'll reserve judgement until I see how we play tomorrow.

Pretty confident we will beat a Ablettless, spiritless GC. North will be tougher but missing Dal Santo and Ziebell. I'll reserve judgement until I see how we play tomorrow.

We will win tomorrow I think but next week will be a far harder job, although North's injuries help.

For me the worry is Goldstein-I think he will destroy us again.

I would think there's every chance Smith will do the same tomorrow.

Maybe, but I think I know which one I would be more worried about.

We will find out a lot about Stanley the next 2 weeks.

Heard CS saying big Stan was brought in to play ruck will be interesting how he goes.
Still dont understand why will dont have a true number ruck.
Loonyberg could on the out up at brissy yes injury prone but seems to be our style of trading.

Just FYI Berger is a free agent so no trading is needed. But yeah I get where you are coming from, I hope Stanley becomes a good ruck.

I don't get this obsession with noise. The Cats Twitter was at it again tonight begging for the crowd to be louder.

They are proactively communicating with you asking you to proactively communicate with them..

Can't win!

:D

Go Catters

Why o why does the cats fan on that NAB footyfy ad have to be the big fat guy in the poorly fitting kmart Cats jumper

Afl equalisation. Can't have us looking good.

Go Catters

I don't get this obsession with noise. The Cats Twitter was at it again tonight begging for the crowd to be louder.

This is bugging me to. I just don't get it. We have invented some sort of 'lack of intimidation factor' crisis at Geelong.

A: Our record at home indicates it is completely irrelevant - if there is a problem.
B: I have never had a problem with the atmosphere at Geelong games. In fact, I think it is the only place where football feels genuine and traditional.

If we start blasting music, setting off fireworks and firing t-shirts into the crowd I am going to scream.

They are proactively communicating with you asking you to proactively communicate with them..

Can't win!

:D

Go Catters
If they stop whining about crowd noise they have won in my book Daz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is bugging me to. I just don't get it. We have invented some sort of 'lack of intimidation factor' crisis at Geelong.

A: Our record at home indicates it is completely irrelevant - if there is a problem.
B: I have never had a problem with the atmosphere at Geelong games. In fact, I think it is the only place where football feels genuine and traditional.

If we start blasting music, setting off fireworks and firing t-shirts into the crowd I am going to scream.
It's cringeworthy. The crowd at Geelong is different in demographic to most AFL crowds. A lot more young and old. They'll get fired up when the footy is deserving of it. There's going to be a fair bit of stunned silence at the way we are playing and no amount of cat growl noises is going to change that.

We will win tomorrow I think but next week will be a far harder job, although North's injuries help.

For me the worry is Goldstein-I think he will destroy us again.

The difference is that at least he'll have to run two ways in the match - because Stanley is actually an attacking goal kicking ruckman. And you know that Stanley will actually compete with him at each bounce.

It's that cat growl after goals. Everyone around me sinks in their chairs in embarrassment when they hear it. Hardly an incentive to cheer for another goal...

But seriously I wish the club would stop publicly begging for noise. They are making it "a thing" that will just be highlighted negatively in the media. The club have asked two or three times now. We get it.

It's cringeworthy. The crowd at Geelong is different in demographic to most AFL crowds. A lot more young and old. They'll get fired up when the footy is deserving of it. There's going to be a fair bit of stunned silence at the way we are playing and no amount of cat growl noises is going to change that.

They don't seem to grasp that crowds are organic entities; some weeks they're noisy, some weeks they're not. When the team is on fire and playing well the crowd reacts. When the team is rubbish there will be anything from abuse to silence.

Among the many things all clubs need to try and remedy, let's just say the crowd noise should be a long way down on that list.

For all those bagging Simpson for not taking enough marks around the ground, Nic Naitanui just took his first mark for the season 27 minutes into the third quarter against Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back