Autopsy Round 3: Brisbane V Richmond @ GABBA - Saturday 7:20pm, 18/04/15

Select your top 5 players for the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to be that guy, but let's not get too carried away with it. Brisbane are heinous. Need to move on to next week and put another win on the board.
Was at the game and they had children in their backline and children in their forward line except for Stacker first game back from two years out and Goose McGuire . Great win , really enjoyed Bachers , Vlaus and Griffs game but it really puts us level with Collingwood imo . Can't wait to play those sliding nellys

No delighted to win.

Hate losing. Despise it. Want a premiership more than most it seems. Who wallow in mediocrity. Most know nothing about the game.
I really enjoyed Jacks game on Justine Clarke , 49 kilos ringing wet and his 39th game in his 3rd season. Leppa is fast tracking a heap of talls while Elton sits in the VFL. I wonder how many Jack would of kicked on Elton? About 3 or 4 I reckon

Griffiths - great game.

The kid has a future.
He was petrified a few times.
Not interested in him taking a few grabs against Brisbane.
Jury still out for me.

Jury still out for me.

You don't think he had a good game?

He did much much more than take a few grabs from what i saw.

Agree that there's a way to go but I have more confidence in Griff's upside than Ive ever had about Vickery's.

I don't understand this Griffiths v Vickery thing.
People need to get over it.
I have no interest in comparing who is better than the other.
Neither fill me with confidence.

* me what do some of you mob want. We did what we needed to do in what is usually a tricky road trip for most sides. 13 goal win on the road is warranted of a fair few positives. We did what we were suppose to do and i dont know about you lot, but im not looking for the perfect performance in round 3. We can keep improving and rebounded from last week.
The key for us is to keep moving fwd next friday night against a team that will frustrate the hell out of us with negative tactics.

Remember when he would have his GOTY against us every round 1?
Must be a Carltank thing coz, man, he was crap tonight.
I know he's not popular on here, but when we were into him last year, I couldn't help but think he could be that hard bodied psycho midfielder to help protect Cotch/Lids when they are getting molested by the likes of McCaffer/Crowley. A role we all lament having nobody to fill now.

I thought it a good win. I don't really buy the "yeah but a top 4 side would have beat us by 5-10 goals" line. Why not just see it as a 12 goal win and wait to see what happens against those sides?

Much happier with Cotch tonight. Excellent game. Sheds and Houli as folk have mentioned. Glad KMac is continuing to show stuff - was a bit worried about a drop-off. I actually was happy with Chaplin too.

We need to take the momentum forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jury still out for me.

I guess the key the main thing is last night he took 10 marks (some contested), kicked two goals (should of had 3) and set up another 3 off memory.
And he's kicked 6 goals in three games. If that continues, that's a 40 goal season from CHF. I could cop that.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

You can only beat the side you are up against on any given week end. We won by 79 points. Just enjoy the fact we belted a side.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Griffiths impressed me. Should of had 4. The touched wasn't touched and he missed an easy shot.

If you have a young KPP kick 4 and have 10 marks it's a great game. If Carlile did this most would be pulling their dicks and want him here.

I was always on the Griff train. He is a forward. Simple as really. The experiment down back cost him a year or so.

Exciting to see what he could develop into.

F91A3074-17B2-432C-A88B-2AEE57AE8D31_1.jpg

Jury still out for me.
Fair enough, your opinion is exactly that, but geez I'm not too sure you can question Griff's game last night. You keep stating "jury's out on him", but nobody is claiming he's a monty to be a gun long term CHF. He had a very good game last night, and he doesn't choose which team we play against.

Great post I rock and thats my point. No matter what we do, its lose/lose type thing about the tigers. We played the blues, beat them easily, if we had of kicked straight it would have been by 9 goals, yet the win means s**t as the blues are s**t. On the other hand you have a top 4 side ( give me a break!) in the bombers who played the very same side, who was also had a weaker 22 and they just scraped into the 4 points with the blues all over them but people will say its a workman like win...:p

We played a side, on a dewy ground who knew they had to scrag us all night. So at the start it brought us to there level. The positive is that we broke them, and then cleaned up our skills and posted a huge win. How long has it been, that we tigers could say we played poorly but still won by 12 goals ? yet apparently we are going backwards as a side lol

Our test will be in the next two weeks. Melbourne will be confident they can beat us due to last year and the cats, well we have not beaten them for a long while. We are a good chance to be on 4-1 after the cats game. Cotchins game was class, I still cant believe the haters on here about him. His in and under work is elite, and he gets the ball to our advantage time and time again. Edwards is now finally playing to his potential, he is a gun.

Also Hardwick out coached Leppa tonight, who would of thought it ? lol
The issue is (and granted this season is only 3 games old) that Richmond continue to fold at the slightest bit of physical pressure around the ball. Any team that allows Richmond to get space and run will get carved up. The million dollar question is, can Richmond be good enough to create space and run whilst the opposition pressure and harass around the packs. Edwards in he side helps as he is so clean and creative with his hands. If Miles can get back to the Miles we all know and love then again another big step.

Against the dogs they were smashed all day and folded like a pack of cards. Round 1 it wasn't until Richmond got on top of the inside contested ball against the blues, did Richmond then get on top. Up until then they looked and played like garbage.

I'm worried about next week as even without Viney, Melbourne will match up well in the middle and Roos has them at the very least putting a ton of match up pressure around the packs. If Richmond just expect to get their outside game working without a inside fight.....well then it could be a s**t result.

Back