Autopsy Round 3: Brisbane V Richmond @ GABBA - Saturday 7:20pm, 18/04/15

Select your top 5 players for the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At te start of the year we would all have pencilled in minimum 3 wins from our first 4 and hopeful we would be 4-0.

Win next Friday and we sit 3-1 with a big game against the Cats. We are looking good imo. Obviously we have to beat the Dees though

Hopefully the heat gets put on Vince for his antics against Dangerfield and therefore umps ping him for everything .
I dont think he has the strength to go with martin. So he will absolutely go to cotchin. We better be prepared for this and do the right thing by our captain. Get involved, feel the emotion and get demonstrative if he plays like that on cotchin

Great win and a handy percentage boost, but yeah Brisbane look extremely under cooked in terms of fitness. It's going to be a long hard road back to the top 8 for them.

I hope we see Knights back soon. If that kid could stay fit he can be a real X Factor player... unfortunately I doubt he'll get many more chances.

F91A3074-17B2-432C-A88B-2AEE57AE8D31_1.jpg

Complete with Brisbane player kneeling before his betters.

Griffiths impressed me. Should of had 4. The touched wasn't touched and he missed an easy shot.

If you have a young KPP kick 4 and have 10 marks it's a great game. If Carlile did this most would be pulling their dicks and want him here.

I was always on the Griff train. He is a forward. Simple as really. The experiment down back cost him a year or so.

Exciting to see what he could develop into.
The experiment down back taught him to compete better and gave his shoulders a chance to mend and heel. Im all for what they did.

Last edited:
The experiment down taught him to compete better and gave his shoulders a chance to mend and heel. Im all for what they did.
I'm against it because it meant I had to sit there and watch Hammer kill us that game. Which in turn made the recruiters think he was decent. *!

Just a few things.
Dusty needs a rocket,Looks like he's just in 2nd gear so far this year.
Edwards,Who would have thought that he has become a vital cog to our midfield let alone the side.(copthat ) if you can,A Gif of that play in the 3rd (just after Ivan gave away that free at the centre bounce and was arguing with the Ump),where abit of Edwards magic in traffic got us a goal i think.If it was Cyril the media would be all over it by now.
Overall a good win but the opposition wasn't that good.

Yep snap.

A decent win, but I'm still worried about our year. So far we've had wins against what are looking like teams 17 & 18, and a loss against what are likely to be an at best mid tier team.

The two things that really concern me are the lack of polish and contested footy. The lack of polish means we always give up at least a couple of easy ones with poor turnovers, and miss goals with mucking up a simple handball or chip kick in the chain. Hopefully as the season progresses we'll get better.

We only just won the contested footy and clearances last night, and lost them for the first two weeks. Wasn't this what we were great at when we were winning last year? Why have we gone backwards?

We might get away with it against bottom teams but if we play a top quarter of the ladder team like we did the first three weeks we'll be crucified. Not where I hoped to be when we finished 5th 2 years ago.
We won the contested footy last week but 20 but didn't do us any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha thought the same. Well leppa, I guess we have belted you now, albeit against the best midfield in the comp.
Christiansen being a big fail made me happy as well. I have a running argument with a Geelong friend about the quality of their youth which I think has been grossly overated due to the quality around them.

Christiansen being a big fail made me happy as well. I have a running argument with a Geelong friend about the quality of their youth which I think has been grossly overated due to the quality around them.
Yep totally agree. Cats fans just assumed that their youth would naturally replace their stars and achieve the same output. It just doesn't work that way, as those players were stars of the comp, not just the cats. It is a hell of a lot easier to play in a good team.

Yep totally agree. Cats fans just assumed that their youth would naturally replace their stars and achieve the same output. It just doesn't work that way, as those players were stars of the comp, not just the cats. It is a hell of a lot easier to play in a good team.
I keep hearing this laundry list of awesome kids the cate have, who have showed "signs". Duncan, Christiansen, Motlop, Blicavs, Brown, Smedts, Caddy, Simpson, Guthrie who will replace Johnson, Bartel, Mackie, Mooney, Kelly, Corey, Enright, Chapman, Ottens, Scarlett, Milburn."Don't you worry", I've been assured, "Geelong are just fine for youth! Unlike the Tuggers".

He looked very sheepish when I ran into him the other day.

Ju

Just that they compete for the same position. I still think ty has a role for when griff is injured or out of form
True.
Personally though I think Vickery should end up playing ruck and Griffiths forward.

Was it Ivan or Ty that knocked Robbo out a few years ago? #goodtimes :oops:

Tyrone.

I remember that incident so vividly because a Carlton supporter on the bay started a thread earlier in the week about Tyrone being s**t scared of Robinson. Next minute = splat!

Last edited:
I keep hearing this laundry list of awesome kids the cate have, who have showed "signs". Duncan, Christiansen, Motlop, Blicavs, Brown, Smedts, Caddy, Simpson, Guthrie who will replace Johnson, Bartel, Mackie, Mooney, Kelly, Corey, Enright, Chapman, Ottens, Scarlett, Milburn."Don't you worry", I've been assured, "Geelong are just fine for youth! Unlike the Tuggers".

He looked very sheepish when I ran into him the other day.

Every dominant side goes through the same process. It happen with Brisbane and it's happening now with Hawthorn. Once the main cogs all retire they will be exposed.

Every dominant side goes through the same process. It happen with Brisbane and it's happening now with Hawthorn. Once the main cogs all retire they will be exposed.
Blind freddy can see it, yet Saints and Dogs fans were left dumbfounded when they found themselves in a rebuild, a large amount of Cats fans didn't see it coming and the Carlton faithful couldn't see that their list peaked at 5th in 2012, lol. I'm having the same argument with a Hawks mate as well.

Back