Was that Aaron Youngs Break-out game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave Omsby

Club Legend
May 18, 2014
Aldinga, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What does everyone think ? I thought that Young was very good last night against North and he actually regularly influenced the game . I hope it was his breakout game . ( wish he'd change his hairdo as well just quietly but we won't tell anyone ) .
He's a great size with good pace skill , can kick a goal and has a great game day presence .
If he lifts a level it'll be a real plus . If Moore can do the same we'll be very solid .

Young's a slow burner, like Broadbent was. We'll continue to see this gradual increase in possession rate and effectiveness, until before you know it he's a key pillar of our midfield and you'll never quite know when it happened.

Hopefully his break out game and he gets another 6-8 full games in succession to see if he can continue to improve.

upload_2015-4-19_21-2-16.png
Hard at it ... The Power’s Aaron Young takes on a North Melbourne tackle at Etihad Stadium.
He has plenty of tough work ahead with Ollie Wines out and I think he is up to it:)

Developing nicely is young Aaron. Good size and strong. Like the way he broke tackles. He is the big bodied midfielder missing in the first two games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly hope so, tired of the last 3 years being the year hoping that at least one of Moore or Young stamps themselves as a clear starting 18 player, rather than on the fringe of the team.
Yes it has been a long tease , shows how hard you have to work at it and how competitive the comp is .
Also both tallish midfielder/ utility players can take a little longer than the elite flashy players like Wingard , Polec and the freakish Ollie Wines .
Neadey is another one , you kind of think he'll make it but it's taking a while

Young's a slow burner, like Broadbent was. We'll continue to see this gradual increase in possession rate and effectiveness, until before you know it he's a key pillar of our midfield and you'll never quite know when it happened.

At the time we all thought round 22, 2012 and the 2013 Elimination finals were breackout games for Youngy as well. Hopefully this time he can start getting some consistent games under his belt like Broadbent did.

Not sure that's his breakout performance, I think that's the type of standard we could get from him if he was just backed in from the coaches through selection instead of being left out or constantly made sub.

I'm still a little annoyed we dropped 4 points against Freo playing Neade instead when preseason form showed that exact effort from Azza, I'm sure Ken & co realise their mistake after seeing him chalk up the 2nd most clearances behind Gray & kick the winning goal.

I'm impressed by his ability to get a contested handball to advantage under pressure in heavy traffic, my buddy could be a very good player for us long term if he keeps on improving like he has the last 2 years.

No,

To me when someone has a break out game you don't have to ask that question, and i think that will be the case for Aaron

no I think it was his best game for us and great proof that he should be playing AFL, but a break out game is like we saw from Pittard

I have been calling him the spitting image of Andrew Obst for several years now. Those long arms, wiry frame, inside game with good speed outside. One of my faves, and if it was out of him or Newton to move on, then I'm glad he stayed. He has always looked like making it as a quality AFL player.

I have been calling him the spitting image of Andrew Obst for several years now. Those long arms, wiry frame, inside game with good speed outside. One of my faves, and if it was out of him or Newton to move on, then I'm glad he stayed. He has always looked like making it as a quality AFL player.
Great comparison. Can take a nice high mark like Obst too, and is similar adept with foot skills, even though both preferred the handball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back