Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
I think fans would be ok with it, but AFL coaches dont seem to be mature enough about it to let them stay in the team
Everyone in league seems to have the opposite view on it i.e. constant speculation + players announcing that they're leaving early in the season is a major distraction for clubs involved and just pisses of the fans.
Hi Guys,

I have an eithcal dilemma.

There was a lot of chest beating last trade period. But it seemed that Brisbane played the moral card, which was to get Beams back to play with his sick dad. However, clearly, money played a huge part in Beams leaving. It appears now, that from almost all reports, Aish wants to move back to MELBOURNE, and play for a big club. Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne? And the Lions, hypocritical, clearly hypocritically with it's stance on Beams, flat out refused? Now, fast forward six months, Aish contract talks is doing to Brisbane what people suggested Beams contract talks would do to Collingwood if we kept him on the list. Perhaps not on the same level but not too far off, how do you value team disharmony, when someone clearly doesn't want to be there? It's kind of hard to judge.

Which brings me to my next few questions. Do you feel sympathy for Aish, if, it turns out the Lions flat out refused to trade Aish being a contracted player, despite poaching a contracted player? Ethically, on the moral compass, would Aish be right to label the Lions management, and Greg Swann, hypocrites? Would Aish' mates at the Lions have sympathy for his position if he felt the Lions hierarchy were hypocrites to keep him on a chain to his contract? And do any of you blame the Brisbane hierarchy for this continuing, destabilising, morale crushing issue if you can see this from Aish' perspective? And are you bitter about throwing in Crisp as steak knives who's actually outperforming Aish this year anyway?

Cheers.
trolololo
Points for effort, I suppose. Two whole paragraphs!

Hi Guys,

There was a lot of chest beating last trade period. But it seemed that Brisbane played the moral card, which was to get Beams back to play with his sick dad. However, clearly, money played a huge part in Beams leaving. It appears now, that from almost all reports, Aish wants to move back to MELBOURNE, and play for a big club. Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne? And the Lions, hypocritical, clearly hypocritically with it's stance on Beams, flat out refused? Now, fast forward six months, Aish contract talks is doing to Brisbane what people suggested Beams contract talks would do to Collingwood if we kept him on the list. Perhaps not on the same level but not too far off, how do you value team disharmony, when someone clearly doesn't want to be there? It's kind of hard to judge.

Which brings me to my next few questions. Do you feel sympathy for Aish, if, it turns out the Lions flat out refused to trade Aish being a contracted player, despite poaching a contracted player? Ethically, on the moral compass, would Aish be right to label the Lions management, and Greg Swann, hypocrites? Would Aish' mates at the Lions have sympathy for his position if he felt the Lions hierarchy were hypocrites to keep him on a chain to his contract? And do any of you blame the Brisbane hierarchy for this continuing, destabilising, morale crushing issue if you can see this from Aish' perspective? And are you bitter about throwing in Crisp as steak knives who's actually outperforming Aish this year anyway?

Cheers.

You don't have an ethical dilemma, you seem to have issues distinguishing between your fantasies and real life.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
[QU OTE= "Madagascar, post: 38055532, member: 161815"]Hi Guys,

Which brings me to my next few questions. Do you feel sympathy for Aish, if, it turns out the Lions flat out refused to trade Aish being a contracted player, despite poaching a contracted player? Ethically, on the moral compass, would Aish be right to label the Lions management, and Greg Swann, hypocrites? And do any of you blame the Brisbane hierarchy for this continuing, destabilising, morale crushing issue if you can see this from Aish' perspective? And are you bitter about throwing in Crisp as steak knives who's actually outperforming Aish this year anyway?

Cheers.[/QUOTE]
Last time I heard Aish's father lived in Adelaide hardly the same thing as Beams leaving you to come home to be with family you Got good compensation for Beams even if you don't think you were

Madagascar

All Australian
Apr 17, 2015
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
[QU OTE= "Madagascar, post: 38055532, member: 161815"]Hi Guys,

Which brings me to my next few questions. Do you feel sympathy for Aish, if, it turns out the Lions flat out refused to trade Aish being a contracted player, despite poaching a contracted player? Ethically, on the moral compass, would Aish be right to label the Lions management, and Greg Swann, hypocrites? And do any of you blame the Brisbane hierarchy for this continuing, destabilising, morale crushing issue if you can see this from Aish' perspective? And are you bitter about throwing in Crisp as steak knives who's actually outperforming Aish this year anyway?

Cheers.
Last time I heard Aish's father lived in Adelaide hardly the same thing as Beams leaving you to come home to be with family you Got good compensation for Beams even if you don't think you were[/QUOTE]

Beams was offered a massive contract. His fathers illness crystalized his decision to leave. He'd probably still be at Collingwood if not for the contract.

Aish is best mates with Scharenberg. If I played with my bro or my best mate, either way, I'd be pretty estatic, not sure about you?

Madagascar

All Australian
Apr 17, 2015
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don't have an ethical dilemma, you seem to have issues distinguishing between your fantasies and real life.

I had many questions in the second paragraph and I would love you to try and answer those questions. You can also highlight to me what was the 'fantasy' in my post, because I'd be very keen to know, cheers.

I had many questions in the second paragraph and I would love you to try and answer those questions. You can also highlight to me what was the 'fantasy' in my post, because I'd be very keen to know, cheers.

"Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne?"

If Aish didn't want to be at the Lions last year he had every opportunity to come forward and put his name up for trade, just like Boyd did last year and Henderson before him. Given the lack of evidence of that, the rest of your "hypotheticals" are really just your fantasy and an attempt to slur the Lions. As such you're lucky not to have been forcibly moved along yet, so I'd give it a rest.

Madagascar

All Australian
Apr 17, 2015
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thread banned
"Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne?"

If Aish didn't want to be at the Lions last year he had every opportunity to come forward and put his name up for trade, just like Boyd did last year and Henderson before him. Given the lack of evidence of that, the rest of your "hypotheticals" are really just your fantasy and an attempt to slur the Lions. As such you're lucky not to have been forcibly moved along yet, so I'd give it a rest.

It's not fantasy to suggest Aish did not want to be at the Lions last year. Else, he would have re-signed wouldn't have he? Clearly, he didn't re-sign, then, and he hasn't re-signed now, and according to Greg Swann today he won't re-sign this year. Could it be that the Beams trade gave the potential green light for Aish to abandon ship, and the Lions flat out refused?

And what then to all the other questions that I put forward? I think it is fantasy on your part to believe that late last year, Aish wanted to be at the Lions this year, when he has clearly had NO intention to sign on last year, or this year, and appears to be a disinterested players, waiting for his contract to play out, when it could have been fast-tracked with Beams being poached last trade period. So my questions are real.

Hysteria25

All Australian
May 25, 2009
Anti-Clique HQ
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Aish decides to leave, I think you will find that most BL supporters wouldn't care which team picks him up, as long as we receive adequate compensation. We probably won't be any more sour if he goes to Collingwood over Adelaide. Does Aish's SA royalty extend to Melbourne now?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
image.jpg

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Aish decides to leave, I think you will find that most BL supporters wouldn't care which team picks him up, as long as we receive adequate compensation. We probably won't be any more sour if he goes to Collingwood over Adelaide. Does Aish's SA royalty extend to Melbourne now?
Off topic completely but just wanted to apologise for last nights little rift now that we have both returned. I stand by the majority of my points but in hindsight the personal attacks even if they were small were unnecessary so for that I apologise. I hope you had a productive day without the temptation of posting on BigFooty lingering over you head. I definitely did:D

Hysteria25

All Australian
May 25, 2009
Anti-Clique HQ
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Off topic completely but just wanted to apologise for last nights little rift now that we have both returned. I stand by the majority of my points but in hindsight the personal attacks even if they were small were unnecessary so for that I apologise. I hope you had a productive day without the temptation of posting on BigFooty lingering over you head. I definitely did:D

No worries at all mate, I really appreciate you saying that - I feel the same way. It was a very frustrating game for anyone in Lion's colours!!! My day was very productive, however I came to Bigfooty about 5 times to post something forgetting I was unable to! :(

Lets pray the boys can turn their season around this week!

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No worries at all mate, I really appreciate you saying that - I feel the same way. It was a very frustrating game for anyone in Lion's colours!!! My day was very productive, however I came to Bigfooty about 5 times to post something forgetting I was unable to! :(

Lets pray the boys can turn their season around this week!
Agreed:thumbsu: In regards to the last line of your post it is easy to forget among all the passion and strong opinions that we are all massive Lions supporters who put time, money and energy into supporting the club and as a result we should probably all make an attempt to get along as best as possible. Not pointing any fingers here. I am just talking in general. If I am going to point any fingers at anyone I will point it at myself. I am just as guilty as anyone else and can at times let my emotional attachment to certain scenarios get the better of me on here.

Anyway back on topic! The future of James Aish is that he will wake up in the morning:thumbsu:(At least I hope:oops:)

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Whats with all the Drugginwood supporters here? Would have thought Adelaide supporters would be coming more, still can't believe they think they will get Aish. No chance, otherwise he would have left last year with Beams trade.
We pity you poor bastards having to put up with the Collingwood faithful having their vengeful fantasies stoked by that shameless hack, Ralph. That bloke will make up any old s**t for web clicks. Clickwhore of the highest order.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We pity you poor bastards having to put up with the Collingwood faithful having their vengeful fantasies stoked by that shameless hack, Ralph. That bloke will make up any old s**t for web clicks. Clickwhore of the highest order.

Ah well, it was amusing to think they were in here 6 months ago after that club statement saying the deadline was over, and Beams was staying a magpie. Gotta get through life somehow right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back