No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a reference for that?

Would help resolve a disagreement with a certain woman in a certain place :thumbsu:
By default, no organisation can subpoena - the only ones that can subpoena are those that have been granted that ability by government. I would have thought the onus is on the certain woman in the certain place to provide proof that CAS can subpoena.

CAS would have to ask a court to issue subpoenas for witnesses, similar to what ASADA tried and failed to do earlier.

I'm sure I've read Ings spell out before CAS don't have subpoena powers? Does that ring bells for you??

They just don't.

I mean seriously, can I set up a tribunal, call myself a court and then subpoena people who have absolutely no recognition of my authority?

The CAS CAN NOT subpoena anyone that is not affiliated with an organisation that recognises it's authority.

CAS would have to ask a court to issue subpoenas for witnesses, similar to what ASADA tried and failed to do earlier.

Correct. Moreover, they'd have to ask an AUSTRALIAN court.

Ya know, the same court that turned down the same request by ASADA.....

It doesn't matter if CAS can subpoena a witness (they can't, by the way). Neither of the witnesses (Alavi & Charter(s)) ever actually could give the information necessary for the players to be found guilty, being that neither could say they knew the supplements were given to the players.

Control, no - it's presumably purely a Federal Government decision (minister for sport ?).

They might offer their opinion though unofficially.
Yeah control was the wrong word, figured that'd be all fed gov't, I probably should've said any say in the matter.

I was just fantasizing about WADA coming over the top after reviewing the evidence and recommending s**t for brains be sacked for pursuing a case with a gross lack of evidence and wasting a huge amount of money. I know it'd probably never happen, but just imagine!

hdSD_cETibUz3eH7YV8aUFW2akkA3k5ruB-FdISqqe4qj-rJ9Wfs-BwhhISLAXyJnsCQPtbgFj3FBFD62L8i2t9CQgQwu9MpOGlmqQkM-0VQT9QX1fX1SZvuhzPQ465yLp205p_JCWVbya5YYIxNeY2_6g=w183-h275-nc

IT'S TIME!

Nope. ASADA legal team advised not to prosecute.
Which makes you wonder about lines like this when not appealing.
"As with all other decisions I have made in these matters this decision has largely been informed by comprehensive legal advice."
Ben McDumbnuts

Haha, I love how the HtB keeps going further and further down the rabbit hole. Like WADA is going to appeal the useless ASADA.

Going to need friends and family gathered around to watch out for their health when they realize that won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, I love how the HtB keeps going further and further down the rabbit hole. Like WADA is going to appeal the useless ASADA.

Going to need friends and family gathered around to watch out for their health when they realize that won't happen.
Pretty big assumptions that a) they even have friends and b) their families acknowledge they exist or care about them one iota.

Only time I recall WADA getting involved in this case was when they announced the status of AOD9604 correcting ASADA who had incorrectly advised its status to Australian athletes. I'd have to think those at WADA overseas would be sitting back making comments as such:

"Some guy McDivot wants us to appeal on his behalf in Australia"

"Aren't they the same Nuffies who gave the wrong advice on substances and then investigated these substances for 2 years"

"They were laughed out of tribunal - no positive tests, no sworn statements and no proof of anything after 2 years"

"And they made charges against 34 players"

"Charges against 34 players? With no evidence? Tell em to get stuffed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back