NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
whenever you post something that gets a tonne of likes, it gets a tad annoying that you may have 10 alerts, and 9 of them are "x liked your post in y thread". i know, first world problems.
can you guys make it so that rather than a bunch of alerts, it's one alert, such as "x,z and 7 other people liked your post in y thread"?

ANSWER: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/too-many-like-alerts.1092015/#post-37731641

Last edited by a moderator:
eye-twitch.gif

whenever you post something that gets a tonne of likes, it gets a tad annoying that you may have 10 alerts, and 9 of them are "x liked your post in y thread". i know, first world problems.
can you guys make it so that rather than a bunch of alerts, it's one alert, such as "x,z and 7 other people liked your post in y thread"?
I don't think the system does that. When an alert event is generated it goes into a list. The system can't go back and collate the similar ones into a list. Something to suggest to the developers at XenForo though.

Alerts stop when you had an alert for a specific thread, but didn't visit it.

When there are more replies you don't get an alert because you ignored the first one.

== To get the alerts back ==
Click on watched threads. https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/watched/threads
click on all the threads in there.

The next time someone replies to a thread you are watching ... you'll get an alert.

Last edited:
I don't think the system does that. When an alert event is generated it goes into a list. The system can't go back and collate the similar ones into a list. Something to suggest to the developers at XenForo though.
It happens with replies though, 'X and Y others have replied to this thread'. Is that worked differently?

Thanks mate but it didn't work. I'm talking about seeing likes in threads. I don't like that. Can it be switched off?

Nah don't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sick of being just liked. I want to be loved! :(

I think we actually used to have that for about 2 days, back when you could 'dislike' and a whole bunch of other things.

I think we actually used to have that for about 2 days, back when you could 'dislike' and a whole bunch of other things.

Ah yes, the two days forever inscribed into BigFooty folklore. Some of us remember those days, a scarier time back then. Many deaths, many likes, many rainbows.

Never forget.

Ill post here because its semi related to the topic of alerts and I cant be bothered making a thread.
Im fine with seeing my alerts when im on the website but is there a way to stop getting emails everytime someone has posted in a thread ive posted in and or also quoted one of my post. I can keep track of everything in the alerts box, getting countless emails all day long is frustrating.

Ill post here because its semi related to the topic of alerts and I cant be bothered making a thread.
Im fine with seeing my alerts when im on the website but is there a way to stop getting emails everytime someone has posted in a thread ive posted in and or also quoted one of my post. I can keep track of everything in the alerts box, getting countless emails all day long is frustrating.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/preferences

Preferences. Top two tick boxes.

It was the highlight of my life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back