MRP / Trib. Moore on report - intentional umpire contact

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the SANFL umpires came up to him at the half-time break and said something and Moore gave him a one handed push away.

So without seeing it I was right?

And thanks.

Probably will get 10 weeks cause he's a Port player, and no doubt the knobs on 5CC will make it a bigger issue than what it is.

The full match replay is on the SANFL website, about 39:20 in it starts. Theres a free against him just before the 1/4 time siren resulting in a free from the centre. * knows what it was for based on the Tv shots, but as they are walking off hes remonstrating with the umpire and pushes him - probably to demonstrate what happened, but he does make contact.

yep, that's going to be 10 weeks for sure... the contact has left the ump with broken ribs, bruising on the lungs and a broken ego.

Seriously though, no need for him to do that at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it when it happened. End of first Q I think? Moore was showing the ump how he got pushed.

Yep that's it. Moore shouldn't have pushed the ump, it was stupid, but it is hardly a suspendable offence.

Moore let his frustration get the better of him with the tag on him getting some pretty dodgy frees from the ump not seeing the instigation but only the retaliation.

Can't deliberately touch an umpire. Will get weeks. There's no such thing as "He was only just..." If he has deliberately pushed him, he deserves every week he gets

Yeah might be unpopular when applied to particular cases like this but physical boundaries with umpires should always be enforced.

Yeah I tend to agree, even if it's minor, it has to be punished. You'd hope it's only a week.

Every player should know by now that touching an umpire, no matter how innocuous, will result in a report/suspension

Every player should know by now that touching an umpire, no matter how innocuous, will result in a report/suspension
Correct. I saw the incident and I thought straight away that he was in trouble. Moore was a bit irritable on the weekend and should've known better.

I still remember the time matt Thomas backed into an umpire accidentally at a centre bounce and he got fined. Same with lobbes when he was contesting a ball in and the ump got in the way because the throw in was short. This looks more intentional than just showing the ump what his opponent was doing to him because of the attitude and shake of the head at the end.

Correct. I saw the incident and I thought straight away that he was in trouble. Moore was a bit irritable on the weekend and should've known better.

Moore was pissed off that he was thrown to the wolves against Richmond with an underdone ruckman after having a pretty decent game against West Coast, getting injured in that game, then having Ah Chee - a guy who couldn't even make the Magpies last year - Mitchell and Krakouer - two players who have been on the rookie list, one with suspect skills - get into the senior team before him when we were crying out for more contributions in the engine room.

I'd be irritable too. Oh well, people will get their wish for Ah Chee to play a full game now. I wonder if they will mark him as hard as they do Moore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back