Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of anyone else thoughts, but the game on ANZAC night out at Colbo, was an absolute cracker.. Credit to Colbo for edging mounts out in the last 5 minutes. It was an exhilarating contest, finals like atmosphere and intensity. Both teams should be there when the whips are cracking you'd think...

Not sure of anyone else thoughts, but the game on ANZAC night out at Colbo, was an absolute cracker.. Credit to Colbo for edging mounts out in the last 5 minutes. It was an exhilarating contest, finals like atmosphere and intensity. Both teams should be there when the whips are cracking you'd think...

So clearly Mounts are up and about with Seddon and others Melancholy? Without knowing the intracies of the league I thought NthBendigo unbackable favourites? So it's Colbo and Mounts challenging. Anyone else? LBU clearly stuffed this year.

So clearly Mounts are up and about with Seddon and others Melancholy? Without knowing the intracies of the league I thought NthBendigo unbackable favourites? So it's Colbo and Mounts challenging. Anyone else? LBU clearly stuffed this year.

G'day Silver Tongue!
I'm new to the HDFL this year mate, first game I've come up to watch and it's fair to say I'll be coming back to watch a few more.

It's difficult to say, it seems to be a relatively even competition from 2-6 between:

Colbinabbin
Mount Pleasant
Leitchville Gunbower
Huntly
White Hills?

I still think North are the clear favourites.

In regards, to Saturday nights match, there was quite a few high profile players running around. The standard of footy in dewy semi wet conditions was far better than I initially expected. Colbo have some fantastic on ballers Sam Vale and Douglas were dominant All night. I must say though, Grant Weeks was incredibly well held by Mounts Fullback. Did not get a sniff until the last quarter and slotted the sealer!

Mounts looked young and daring. Seddon played well, seemed to be playing a loose man in defence. All his possessions were behind centre (huge plus for Colbo) Muratire also played well in the midfield and number 22 and 7 also stood out and created a lot of attack through the midfield and up forward. Both teams could test North Bendigo.

Mounts vs Huntly
Colbo vs Leitchville

Next week huge games.

North bendigo look the benchmark but I wouldn't say totally unbeatable at this point. Got down to watch mounts and colbo and I too agree seddon got a LOT of cheap ball down back. Clubs would love that if he did it each week.

Couple of big games this week mounts vs huntly will be a beauty. Huntly won't want to drop this one if they think they are the real deal this year.

Leitchville vs colbo should be a beauty. I reckon leitchville are just going under the radar at the moment and are very dangerous when they are at full flight. Colbo are looking good so far this year and many have them the main challenger to north. Would want to win this one

North bendigo look the benchmark but I wouldn't say totally unbeatable at this point. Got down to watch mounts and colbo and I too agree seddon got a LOT of cheap ball down back. Clubs would love that if he did it each week.

Couple of big games this week mounts vs huntly will be a beauty. Huntly won't want to drop this one if they think they are the real deal this year.

Leitchville vs colbo should be a beauty. I reckon leitchville are just going under the radar at the moment and are very dangerous when they are at full flight. Colbo are looking good so far this year and many have them the main challenger to north. Would want to win this one

Looking forward to Huntly responding this week here. Off the back of a North visit they should be primed.

So, lets break down North here for a second. All posts seem to reflect they're the team to beat.
Forward line have two main threats, with Herdman and Barnes. Is there much damage coming from anyone outside these two? Shut down these two, shut down North? Not a fan of dropping a man back in the 'hole' so to speak but a solid day from two defenders would go a long way to helping. Kelm in middle is a solid ruckman. What should teams do to counter Norths mid with him in there?

Took the trek down from Echuca on the weekend to watch elmore and white hills.

Was very suprised by a number of the recruits from Elmore.

Thought they lacked midfield depth but the backline fought well all day.

Ingley and Daly work very well together with Daly a beautiful kick and sets the backline up, will be a great player all year for Elmore, and 16 - Ingley, very athletic and contests the ball and read the play well, will have a solid year together by looks of it.

In the midifled, just lacked getting the ball out of the centre and something they will be working on with coach rowdy. Gleeson tried hard all day, but just lacked support.

Up forward, brewster fought hard but had poor delivery and not much look alll day, but looks a clean player, and will be good all over the ground. Mills was good with unselfish acts, but again after half time, white hillls had lots of the ball.

How did all the other teams go?

Ingley and Daly work very well together with Daly a beautiful kick and sets the backline up, will be a great player all year for Elmore, and 16 - Ingley, very athletic and contests the ball and read the play well, will have a solid year together by looks of it.

In the midifled, just lacked getting the ball out of the centre and something they will be working on with coach rowdy. Gleeson tried hard all day, but just lacked support.

Up forward, brewster fought hard but had poor delivery and not much look alll day, but looks a clean player, and will be good all over the ground. Mills was good with unselfish acts, but again after half time, white hillls had lots of the ball.

I know they have 3 good players to come back in Luke Ryan from Romsey, Riley Hird from Kerang and their Captain Jimmy Harney a work in progress id say Ryan and Hird will add to their midfield depth

Looking forward to Huntly responding this week here. Off the back of a North visit they should be primed.

So, lets break down North here for a second. All posts seem to reflect they're the team to beat.
Forward line have two main threats, with Herdman and Barnes. Is there much damage coming from anyone outside these two? Shut down these two, shut down North? Not a fan of dropping a man back in the 'hole' so to speak but a solid day from two defenders would go a long way to helping. Kelm in middle is a solid ruckman. What should teams do to counter Norths mid with him in there?

You've just solved it! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

Millsy kicked a bag the other week from the pocket.

How did the big bloke No. 8 go for Elmore? Was surprised to see him named in the seniors!

Now why would North Bendigo name a bogus side like this in the advertiser tonight

E. Massina J. McKay P. Prime

S. Barnes A. Shipard B. Herdman

J. Ford S. Kellow D. Reid

T. Kellow T. Kelm D. Webb

M. Hodoras R. Alford J. Mills

J. Coppock S. Moris H. Brown

Interchange: Aarryn Craig T. Metherell D. Richards T. Findlay

Who would be the first 5 players picked in an inter league squad? So much top end talent in the league. I'll go with:

Weeks
Seddon
Semmel
S. Vale
Barnes

Honourable mentions:

Douglas
T. Hill
Muratore
Bongiovanni
C. Black

Others thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would be the first 5 players picked in an inter league squad? So much top end talent in the league. I'll go with:

Weeks
Seddon
Semmel
S. Vale
Barnes

Honourable mentions:

Douglas
T. Hill
Muratore
Bongiovanni
C. Black

Others thoughts?
Unlikely to pick 2 full forwards in first 5 blokes. Brady Herdman has represented Vic country div 1 and can play either end.. Blokes of that calibre are a pretty valuable commodity if they make themselves available

G'day Silver Tongue!
I'm new to the HDFL this year mate, first game I've come up to watch and it's fair to say I'll be coming back to watch a few more.

It's difficult to say, it seems to be a relatively even competition from 2-6 between:

Colbinabbin
Mount Pleasant
Leitchville Gunbower
Huntly
White Hills?

I still think North are the clear favourites.

In regards, to Saturday nights match, there was quite a few high profile players running around. The standard of footy in dewy semi wet conditions was far better than I initially expected. Colbo have some fantastic on ballers Sam Vale and Douglas were dominant All night. I must say though, Grant Weeks was incredibly well held by Mounts Fullback. Did not get a sniff until the last quarter and slotted the sealer!

Mounts looked young and daring. Seddon played well, seemed to be playing a loose man in defence. All his possessions were behind centre (huge plus for Colbo) Muratire also played well in the midfield and number 22 and 7 also stood out and created a lot of attack through the midfield and up forward. Both teams could test North Bendigo.

Mounts vs Huntly
Colbo vs Leitchville

Next week huge games.

So what's the story with Weekes Melancholy? Thought he would be tearing it up out there. How was delivery? We discovered at Rochy if you put him on a lead he is next to unbeatable. Speed for a big bloke and great hands. Kick it ob his head, with two or three defenders, he becomes mortal.

Sammy Vale and others should deliver okay??

So what's the story with Weekes Melancholy? Thought he would be tearing it up out there. How was delivery? We discovered at Rochy if you put him on a lead he is next to unbeatable. Speed for a big bloke and great hands. Kick it ob his head, with two or three defenders, he becomes mortal.

Sammy Vale and others should deliver okay??
I was thinking the same thing, no big bags from weeksy so far, maybe it's a sign of the strength of the league, as vale , Douglass and obrien are pretty handy mids who have been featuring In the best, maybe he's playing up the ground more

Brady Herdman is a gun. Would absolutely be one of the first picked assuming he is available.

Good win by Elmore again over Mount Pleasant. Seddon didn't look at this best on the weekend apart from a classy goal he kicked apparently?
Elmore back 6 looks very strong and stable down there on the weekend and kept Mounts to a low score.

Can Lietchville knock off North Bendigo, or are they playing out of there skins?

Huntly could be the suprise packed come finals time from what I hear, will watch them in the next couple of weeks.

Good win by Elmore again over Mount Pleasant. Seddon didn't look at this best on the weekend apart from a classy goal he kicked apparently?
Elmore back 6 looks very strong and stable down there on the weekend and kept Mounts to a low score.

Can Lietchville knock off North Bendigo, or are they playing out of there skins?

Huntly could be the suprise packed come finals time from what I hear, will watch them in the next couple of weeks.

Are you suggesting Huntly are going to recruit a couple more players? Because on form you couldn't suggest they were going to have any influence on the finals.

How many locals are in Elmore's ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back