List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Polec came with the same criticisms.

Except in Polecs case it wasn't correct, in fact wasn't it quite the opposite ?

Talking to Hawkins is a good idea, gut says he stays (especially now, close to family and all), but the need to continually strengthen our KPF stocks is immense - if you don't ask/demand, you don't know.

Aish will probs reject a 400k/year offer from Brisbane. With Crows interested it would cost at least 400k+ to get him.

Polec left Brisbane, didn't take the Crows 300k/year offer, nominated us and took less money (250-290k) to join us.

I don't see Aish nominating us and even if he does it would still cost a fair bit ($, picks, players etc) to get him.

We can be a lot smarter in using our cap space instead of going overboard in bidding wars.

It seems the general consensus so far in this thread is one of not being keen... That can only be because we have a very nice midfield and have other requirements.

Because if we are talking about quality players regardless of position, you just don't say no to James Aish.

Kid is an absolute jet and has his whole career ahead of him. Already one of the most consistent players of the 2013 draft, he's shown frightening glimpses of potential and he's doing it while playing for Brisbane, who last year relied on their first year players and this year seem to have gone backwards at a rate of knots.

(note: I'm not sure what knots actually are, but I'm sure it's a fast rate.)

While we still have K. Mitchell on our list we should be chasing J. Aish with aggression.

Come at me Mitchell moles.

Guess I'm a Mitchell mole. The guys got muscles on muscles, a Sandover Medal and a hunger to improve himself.
Kenny spoke of two players in particular Lobbes n Mitchell who work harder than any on their skills.
It showed too with that last goal v Norf. He's quick n fearless. Sure he doesn't have the silky skills of others but
his inside grunt work is impressive. He's not an automatic walk up start but is not worthy of the ridicule he gets on here.

I'm all for Hawkins. What happens to Jay? SANFL? No way I can see him emulating last years season but can't see I'm dropping off to not be AFL standard.

There is no way Schulz (who has averaged 53 goals in the past 3 years) will be playing SANFL next year.

he's clearly only linked with us because he's from SA (and we're the team to be linked with). and now that they've made up a link they can use it later and say he's been linked to PAFC before. as others have said his family are just trying to big up his name from the get-go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have great difficulty imagining Hawkins leaving Geelong now his mother has died. Boaky was similar.

I hope that a lot of time and effort is being put into Harvey and Shaw, and the new guys.

Shaw has not enthused me when I have seen.

Harvey has, but is still raw and very much not playing forward often enough. His engine and strength must be improving though as a ruckman.

We don't have room for a player like Aish.. Adam Goodes on the other hand!! :D

The only realistic forward that is getting a regular game that would be on the market would be Lachie Henderson at Carlton, they're going to have to move first 18 players in exchange for picks to rebuild their list and he would attract some currency. Having said that, he's not even a full-time forward, more of a backman and he's not the answer to our long term plan after Shultz. Sam Reid is another potential target but again, seems to play more back then forward.

Aish will go to the Crows in return for the Dangerfield compo pick they'll get and spud Jenkins. Reckon knowing that Aish is on the move the Crows can't move Clanger on fast enough atm

Key Position Forward for me, just imagine if Schulzy went down! We would be ****ed, our stocks are poor, butcher, Shaw and Harvey are not going to cut it I don't think.

Not much good having a awesome midfield if they have nothing to kick to. We are already struggling with our forward line with Lobbe out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back