Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Despite some very patchy play, our 2-1 record is par for the course for the first 3 weeks of the fixture. The Suns had a similar opening schedule but find themselves 0-3 and no doubt will be fired up coming into this one after pushing Geelong today.

Changes?

WHE kicked 5 for UWS but said after the game that he probably needs a few weeks in the twos to build match fitness.

Questions around the board over Greene's place in the side - does he get a chance to hit some targets this week? Whitfield killed him dropping a perfect spot-up inside 50 in the 4th yesterday haha

Hampton and Williams named the best for UWS, but I can't see them breaking into the side. Wilson has been the sub these past two weeks but has looked good in that running half-back role.

Buntine and Mohr also named in the UWS best; Mohr probably needs to continue building match fitness but I can see Buntine pressuring Corr with Davis and Patfull (plus Haynes) there to cover the GCS talls.

The biggest question for mine is Sauce. He's shown he can play forward previously but can he do enough to justify playing a true second ruckman in Tommo's absence? If not, can we turn to Stewart?

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
Added pace and efficiency is where it is at. WHE fits the bill. Toby does not. Whether WHE comes in at the expense of Toby? Probably not, but I am sure Leon must be considering it.

Sauce to get another run. Liked the idea of subbing him toward the end and injecting fresh legs. Mummy was quite capable of handling the last quarter.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Added pace and efficiency is where it is at. WHE fits the bill. Toby does not. Whether WHE comes in at the expense of Toby? Probably not, but I am sure Leon must be considering it.

Sauce to get another run. Liked the idea of subbing him toward the end and injecting fresh legs. Mummy was quite capable of handling the last quarter.

Couldn't agree more Lewis Jetta really exposed us for lack of speed and combined with poor kicking options and efficiency cost us the game.

Greene is really struggling with his kicking which I think has now gotten to a diabolical situation.

Previously he was an average kick and terrible set shot kick but now he is just a terrible kick in general.

Sadly the kid has lost all confidence which is tragic in that he works so hard and wins so much ball.

In some ways his strength is the teams weakness in that you'd probably prefer a different player to win the ball!

Maybe a week or two in the Magoos where he can rack up 40+ possessions can get him feeling good again??

Thrashor

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS
Are we playing for the Lack of Composure Cup? Giants and Suns matched each other in terms missing key chances.

I expect Buntine to be given a run this week at the expense of Corr but Phillips to play.

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Would to see bunts come in as he is too good for the twos. Davis, Patfull and Haynes can cover the loss of Corr if he is dropped.

IN: buntine
OUT: Corr

I would've said WHE but he himself says he needs more time

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I know this isn't the popular view, but I'd be happy to bring in Williams for Greene. I know they play a different role, but I think we have enough inside midfielders. Williams is solid by foot, is very quick and isn't afraid to play inside when he has to. Plus it would be rewarding form in the twos and letting the ones know that we won't accept skills and effort that aren't up to scratch.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I hope they go in unchanged unless there is injury. The guys that are in the team earns their spots based on a long pre season and a very solid start to the season. The NEAFL has only just started so the 2's players haven't had a chance to show improved form to force anyone out of the 1's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah I agree.. I want minimal changes. Corr is prob the one under the most pressure for mine but gone are the days of giving blokes a go... Earn it

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
Greene will get another couple games, but must improve or lose his spot. I reckon they'll persist with Corr a little longer too. He continues to improve, or Mohr comes in (or maybe Bunts). Someone is definitely going to have to make way for WHE very soon...

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
I would like to see Buntine in for Corr and Williams in for Greene. If only to freshen up the side for a determined GC Suns and reward the good form in the 2s. Happy with Phillips getting another run. He did some good things and we'll need mobile talls against the Suns.

I'm a big fan of Greene but obvious he needs some polish to the ballwinning and bash and crash he provides.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
A big factor in this match i think will be whether or not Dixon is an in for them. He is quality and at most one or 2 weeks away. If he plays he makes a difference up fron and probably kicks goals. I also see Rischitelli has made a step up in the absence of Gaz so maybe using Bugg as a hard tag on him could be worthwhile as they have limited mid stocks atm and will be relying on him to have a big one if they want to win

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
The two common themes seems to be whether to drop Greene and Corr.

I didn't think Corr was in the best 22 to start the season and thought Buntine/Hampton were fighting for his position but it seems the coachs have him in as a KPD with Patful playing as third tall. Which, given his height, suggests that he is fighting with Haynes/Patfull for the third tall position and unlikely to crack the 1's unless there is an injury or a sudden drop off in form. I really like Buntine but the coaches have picked the side based on the pre season and early season form and 2 games of NEAFL would be unlikely to persuede the coaches otherwise given the 1's have been playing well and improving each week.

On Greene i think he cops some unfair criticism and contributes far more to the team that he is given credit for. Yes he has an ordinary kick or two each game but when you get close to 30 touches every week the chance of shanking one increases and his seen to stand out more so than when others do it.

You don't change winning teams and if it weren't for inaccurate goal kicking (which most teams experience during a season) we could have been 3-0. The guys playing gain massively in confidence by playing together continually and it makes the guys who are in the 2's really earn a call up.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
On Greene i think he cops some unfair criticism and contributes far more to the team that he is given credit for. Yes he has an ordinary kick or two each game but when you get close to 30 touches every week the chance of shanking one increases and his seen to stand out more so than when others do it.

I can see that point of view as well. But it's gotten to a stage where the crowd and commentators sweat on any bad kick so even 3-4 shanks get highlighted; perhaps unfairly. I love the way Toby goes about it and I suppose people expect him to reach 'the next level'.

snitzel

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS
OUT: Corr, Phillips

INS: Kennedy, Williams

Creative players and are consistent.

Greene going back to reserves is the perfect opportunity to have a game to concentrate on deficiencies but he is just likely to turn it on this week, he is like a light bulb and just flicks a switch sometimes. His best can dominate.

inamedthegiants

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Toby got some bad news today regarding a family member.

If he plays, I dare say he'll come out and play the game of his life.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
OUT: Corr, Phillips

INS: Kennedy, Williams

Creative players and are consistent.

Greene going back to reserves is the perfect opportunity to have a game to concentrate on deficiencies but he is just likely to turn it on this week, he is like a light bulb and just flicks a switch sometimes. His best can dominate.
So which one of your replacements chops out for mummy then?

Back