Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

Superman has limitations. He's not some untouchable T-1000 type being.

He's not far from it - he beat Doomsday.

Like I said, they make up s**t to make him vulnerable for the comics, but until they started doing that, he was basically untouchable (kryptonite aside), and it's unlikely that Batman, or any human, could take him down.

He's not far from it - he beat Doomsday.

Like I said, they make up s**t to make him vulnerable for the comics, but until they started doing that, he was basically untouchable (kryptonite aside), and it's unlikely that Batman, or any human, could take him down.
Then they realised how stupid that was and changed him to suit the story. Modern Superman is much more relatable in that sense.

so does that mean S has flown to gothams world for this movie?

DC exists in a world where there are these other cities in addition to the ones that really exist. So New York exists, but so does Metropolis, and so does Gotham.

The two cities exist reflect their two superheroes as well, both in-universe and historically. New York served as the initial point of reference for both cities, but as the two characters developed distinct identities, so did their cities. Metropolis is shiny and new, positive, looking to a brighter future. Gotham is old, almost haunted by its past, and full of despair.

Dont get me wrong Afleck has certainly bulked up but there is a bit of padding in the costume though Im guessing its mainly for aesthetic purposes.

Where as Cavill is just built like ******* superman, coz he actually looks more human.

la-et-mn-henry-cavill-shows-off-clark-kent-look-in-batman-v-superman-photo-20140630

Actually he may have added a bit of padding too.

henry-cavill-435.jpg

I'll be keen to see how both Batman and Superman stack up on screen next to Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson in future (assuming Black Adam will appear in one of the future crossover films). Guessing either the Rock will need to 'slim' down a bit or perhaps Batfleck and Cavill will need a bit more padding! :D

rock-black-adam-article1.png

I'll be keen to see how both Batman and Superman stack up on screen next to Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson in future (assuming Black Adam will appear in one of the future crossover films). Guessing either the Rock will need to 'slim' down a bit or perhaps Batfleck and Cavill will need a bit more padding! :D

rock-black-adam-article1.png

Is Black Adam a villain?

I think they will be fine. I think it helps if there is someone bigger than them, they way Snyder wanted batman to be taller than supes, given they are facing off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Black Adam a villain?

I think they will be fine. I think it helps if there is someone bigger than them, they way Snyder wanted batman to be taller than supes, given they are facing off.

Think he is generally a villain but it seems they want to make him more of an Anti Hero in the movies? Maybe he will be one of the villains in one of the Justice League movies before 'turning' before the end? The only issue I think is that the Justice League movies will be released before the Shazam movie (so if we see his character before the Shazam movie, they'd need to be careful how they set him up).

http://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-dwayne-johnson-black-adam-dc-universe/

“I think Black Adam is going to grow into becoming an anti-hero. It’s all written within the spirit of respecting and paying homage to the comics. As we know, Black Adam started out as a slave. When he’s given the powers, he utilized them. Then in the wake of his powers, tragedy strikes, which turns his sentiment and tone in terms of psychology.”

“One day you will see Black Adam go at it with Superman or Batman or any of the DC characters. But that said, there’s a great independence to Black Adam from the DC world, allowing us to inject, not only viciousness, but also winking humor.”

DC exists in a world where there are these other cities in addition to the ones that really exist. So New York exists, but so does Metropolis, and so does Gotham.

The two cities exist reflect their two superheroes as well, both in-universe and historically. New York served as the initial point of reference for both cities, but as the two characters developed distinct identities, so did their cities. Metropolis is shiny and new, positive, looking to a brighter future. Gotham is old, almost haunted by its past, and full of despair.

ah s**t. now im utterly confused. i need my NYC expert Vincent Chase

I saw an interesting theory the other day saying that the rock will start off as Black Adam and then become Shazam. You'd be mad to just sign up the rock for one or two movies as a villain.

261069_full.jpg

Here is one of the more detailed fan maps for the DCU. some places change locations like Gotham is sometimes in Illinois. Google Maps has some of the bigger name locations on it. but it has Gotham, Metropolis and Bludhaven all in New York
4002838-1922527284-tumbl.jpg

Just be glad we are not talking about the Multiverse yet

Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg

Here is one of the more detailed fan maps for the DCU. some places change locations like Gotham is sometimes in Illinois. Google Maps has some of the bigger name locations on it. but it has Gotham, Metropolis and Bludhaven all in New York
4002838-1922527284-tumbl.jpg

Just be glad we are not talking about the Multiverse yet

Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg

This is awesome. Is it too nerdy to say I want that poster on my wall?

This is awesome. Is it too nerdy to say I want that poster on my wall?

well since the top one is fan made i think it will be, and DC could change locations whenever they reboot a series. I dont think being too nerdy is a bad thing anymore, my tablet has 64GB and its filled with almost 45GB of comics from the comixology app.

For Christmas last year my girlfriend got me the Batman 75th anniversary history and the DC complete history books they both have some DC prints with them.

Wouldn't mind having that suit on display in my living room!

Not sure if it's true but I think someone told me Affleck actually bought one of the suits for something like $100k. Not like he can't afford it I guess. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back