RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's surprising. Big Al and his family are/were rusted on Romsey people. I am sure Al would be as proud as punch his boy is playing his first game of senior footy but I am sure he is disappointed it isn't with the club he has spent many hours making into one of the power houses of the rdfl
Just one of many that have vacated the Redbacks, 10 premiership players plus a number of 2nds players. A mass exodus was flagged by an earlier poster, looks like it was spot on. Lots of speculation as to why this has happened, needless to say , I know nothing

Just one of many that have vacated the Redbacks, 10 premiership players plus a number of 2nds players. A mass exodus was flagged by an earlier poster, looks like it was spot on. Lots of speculation as to why this has happened, needless to say , I know nothing

I was told that the Cannons advise the parents and players to play at Gisborne apparently they believe this will give the player a better chance of being drafted, I don't know why as Gisborne aren't travelling to flash. The Redbacks have lost some for good dollars but have some handy inclusions . Most premiership sides lose players to big offers. The 2nds players that walked believe they may play seniors elsewhere. Why do you think these players left.

Long time follower of the league, first time poster.

Any stories from round 1. Better players, reports
Come on there must be some stories from the games on Saturday.
Some big losses by clubs expected to do well.
Diggers and Sunbury big winners are they that good or have their opponents dropped that much????
If woodend have improved then Macedon have gone ahead leaps and bounds.
Rockbank/Melton game must have been a ripper.

What has happened down at riddell? There twos were stiff not to win last years grand final and now lose first game buy 20 goals with a makeshift team. That's a massive turnaround. There ones had a few out and were in it to half time, then got blown out of the water, is something wrong down there?

Riddell reserves have been fortunate have very solid same group for number years, many of these guys like one eyed blue says believe wanted to try luck to play more senior footy bit of $$ elsewhere. All good fellas great great service welcomed back. Unfortunately for rnd 1 there was up to a dozen players unavailable for senior footy putting further pressure on the Riddell reserve team so expect them to build early in the season. Theunder 18 team won so still have some good kids coming through.

Al is the current President of the Romsey junior footy club.....he hasn't 'vacated' at all.

I was told that the Cannons advise the parents and players to play at Gisborne

Wow!!! I find that pretty hard to believe after a similarly themed conversation not long ago about a parent claiming the same thing over my way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a great chat with Al a couple of weeks back when we took our kids to Romsey for practice games, he's Romsey thru and thru and I'm sure whatever the reason is it's in the best interest of his young bloke and I wish him all the best

Wow!!! I find that pretty hard to believe after a similarly themed conversation not long ago about a parent claiming the same thing over my way.
It's not that surprising, the top tier Gisborne teams are two levels above the next best teams

Al is the current President of the Romsey junior footy club.....he hasn't 'vacated' at all.

ADELAIDE 4.3 7.3 9.5 11.8 (74)
WEST ADELAIDE 2.4 5.10 10.12 15.13 (103)
GOALS
Adelaide:
Lyons 2, Osborn 2, Molyneux 2, Spencely, Mott, Grigg, Ramsey, Callinan
West Adelaide:Green 3, Helbig 2, Fielke 2, Porplyzia 2, Stevens 2, Tuck, Webb, Beech, Haysman
BEST
Adelaide:
Lever, Lyons, Grigg, Pfeiffer, Spencely, Mott, Wittwer
West Adelaide:
Schmidt, Helbig, Schiller, Fielke, Porplyzia, Silverlock

I had a great chat with Al a couple of weeks back when we took our kids to Romsey for practice games, he's Romsey thru and thru and I'm sure whatever the reason is it's in the best interest of his young bloke and I wish him all the best

Think you will find it was his mates that encouraged him to head to Gisborne.

Reports and concerns a number of clubs are extremely concerned with the numbers in their reserves & under 18's. Is this a concern for local football in general up your way? Is it time for the RDFL to look for a move to either under 17's, Reserves, seniors or Under19's?

Hopefully your competition delivers some competitive score lines this year unlike the EDFL where we are having 200 point differentials already by Round 3.

Caught 2nd 1/2 of Wallan v Kilmore on Satdy.Was good to see Wallan open up with a big win and also a very good display by the many good young Kilmore players who had a crack and didnt give up.Another good sign for Kilmore was a big win in u18s.Just hope they stick togethor and do something in future seasons.Also great to see semmo still umpiring (haha).

Big round this weekend a much improved Centrals will take on a highly rated Macedon. The reigning undefeated premiers Romsey take on a very disappointing Rupertswood from last week. The match of the round Sunbury v Diggers which could be a Grand Final preview .Wallan will get a real gauge where they are at playing Rockbank at Rockbank. Last weeks depleted Riddell side takes on Woodend at home . Kilmore v Lancefield ..My Tips Lancefield by 88 points Riddell to bounce back by 35 points. Rockbank in a close one by 10 points. Diggers in a bruising battle by 20 points . Romsey comfortably by 40 points and Centrals in an upset by 5 points .A great round ahead.

Hey guys!!
We're firing up with a big game on 100.7 Highlands FM at Romsey Park on Saturday.. the Redbacks and the Sharks will put on a bloody good show!

Macedon over Melton by 48
Riddell to sneak past Woodend by 20
Sunbury over Diggers by 12
Romsey to beat Rupo by 18
Lancefield by lots
Rockbank by under a goal over Wallan

Sunbury also far from full strength this week. Home ground factor to get them home in my opinion.

Who was the most impressive of all the new recruits last week in the competition. Shaun Harrison dominated. Looks like Clarke for Sunbury and Corrdedig for Melton also had good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back