Adelaide's Best Forward Line Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends if you count Danger or not. If you do it definitely has a case but I can't see how you can when he only plays 30-40% forward.

Tex is great, but he lacks those vice like hands in a marking contest, and the ability to split a pack. Otherwise he'd be Careys equal, and our greatest forward of all time. Still a champ though.

It's the addition of Betts that flatters the forward line a bit imo. He kicks his 50, but creates so much more. Deft taps to advantage, goal assists, pressure and team lifting goals. Something thats been lacking since the 90's. Take him out and it's a bit 'meh', even with Tex.

As a team, we've either had nothing in that position, or jewels.

Haha merely coincidence. We won GFS with him in the side doing nothing, did the same in the minor round.

Haha. You're wrong. Try looking up the stats for 96, 97, 98 - he was better than a goal a game and three marks at CHF, in a very different era. Was never a Carey but did the job we needed, giving us a half-roaming CHF target.

Also, Robran 115.80 from 137 games
Jenkins 80.56 from 51 games
interesting

2009 round 22 va Carltank.

I remember sitting down before the game and thinking wow... this might be the moat i form orward line we've put on the park.

Birdman tippett hentschell
porps knights resting mid.

We kicked 176 points that day.
Porps tippett and knights kicked 4 each. Bird and potenttial 2 each.
danger 2 and vince 3. 1's to many.

2009 round 22 va Carltank.

I remember sitting down before the game and thinking wow... this might be the moat i form orward line we've put on the park.

Birdman tippett hentschell
porps knights resting mid.

We kicked 176 points that day.
Porps tippett and knights kicked 4 each. Bird and potenttial 2 each.
danger 2 and vince 3. 1's to many.
yep

that was one of the great performances the AFC put in too. we would have kicked 200 that day if we weren't asleep for a fair bit of the first quarter too

As a team, we've either had nothing in that position, or jewels.

Haha. You're wrong. Try looking up the stats for 96, 97, 98 - he was better than a goal a game and three marks at CHF, in a very different era. Was never a Carey but did the job we needed, giving us a half-roaming CHF target.

Also, Robran 115.80 from 137 games
Jenkins 80.56 from 51 games
interesting

Amazing stats - Averaging 3 marks and a goal a game from a key forward exactly proves my point. You could have put 10 other blokes in the side and achieved the same output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing stats - Averaging 3 marks and a goal a game from a key forward exactly proves my point. You could have put 10 other blokes in the side and achieved the same output.

Actually it proves you wrong, and demonstrates you don't remember Robran's role in the team.

Actually it proves you wrong, and demonstrates you don't remember Robran's role in the team.

I remember him shelling the footy, he was horrible overhead. Pre broken leg at the scg he was good, after that terrible. The fact, in your words "a role player who averaged less than a goal and 3 marks a game" is being discussed in our greatest forwards is a joke. Every other side at that time had a better chf.

Robran was a hit up forward, and he played it very well. He was incredibly mobile and capable of taking the ruck in the forward 50.

He'd be better at the role now given how the game is played today than what JJ is. Robran started when the gorilla power forwards were still in vogue, that was never his game.

I remember him shelling the footy, he was horrible overhead. Pre broken leg at the scg he was good, after that terrible. The fact, in your words "a role player who averaged less than a goal and 3 marks a game" is being discussed in our greatest forwards is a joke. Every other side at that time had a better chf.

How many of those better CHFs ended their careers with two premiership medals?

Carey?

Thats laughable.

9 touches and 0.0 in 97 GF, and 10 touches and 0.1 in 98 GF would disagree with your theory.

Very average player.

You might want to check his stats in the 1998 prelim final.

Then you might want to go back and understand Robran's role in the team, because at the moment you don't.

Robran was a hit up forward, and he played it very well. He was incredibly mobile and capable of taking the ruck in the forward 50.

He'd be better at the role now given how the game is played today than what JJ is. Robran started when the gorilla power forwards were still in vogue, that was never his game.

He could also kick goals from well outside 50. That proved a massive weapon for us in those premiership years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back