Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to every Essendon fan who wants Yarran to be hung for a relatively minor offence.

Check the synonyms for 'two'. I'm right, two is not multiple. Multiple is alway more than two. Two is couple, bilateral, double, pair, duet, double, duo, etc. None are multiple. Multiple is the next level.

lol, just stop

From the Oxford Dictionary:

Multiple
adjective
1. Having or involving more than one part, individual, etc.

It's how it is generally accepted in context that counts.

MacMillan
involving or consisting of many people, things, or parts

First entry in google
multiple
ˈmʌltɪp(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: multiple
  1. 1.
    having or involving several parts, elements, or members

Point is that he originally used this to denigrate the views of Carlton supporters in general and used the word multiple to defend that post. What do you think the intention was?

MacMillan

First entry in google
multiple
ˈmʌltɪp(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.

Point is that he originally used this to denigrate the views of Carlton supporters in general and used the word multiple to defend that post. What do you think the intention was?
I haven't read them and I don't really care about it, I'm just pointing out the fact that LPno1 is wrong.

MacMillan

First entry in google
multiple
ˈmʌltɪp(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.

You're overthinking it. I said multiple because I meant multiple. Turns out multiple can mean two.

Two is not multiple, might I suggest you pay attention in English class next time. Two is either 'a couple' or 'two'. Multiple is 3+. Always has been.

You are by far the dumbest poster on the site.

You're overthinking it. I said multiple because I meant multiple. Turns out multiple can mean two.

You suggested if was a Carlton board issue originally, then went searching, saw 2 posts you could use and instead of saying 2, you said multiple. You know multiple can be considered any number. You're being disingenuous because your bluff was called. I know you won't admit it but I'm happy to call you on it since you also mentioned the lack of moderation in making the accusation.

You suggested if was a Carlton board issue originally, then went searching, saw 2 posts you could use and instead of saying 2, you said multiple. You know multiple can be considered any number. You're being disingenuous because your bluff was called. I know you won't admit it but I'm happy to call you on it since you also mentioned the lack of moderation in making the accusation.

This is going way off-topic and I don't think I should have justify my use of "multiple" instead of two. Especially when my use of the word was correct.

I'm not sure which is worse, thinking one week is a suitable suspension or TurnCoatno1's grasp of the English language.
Worthy of a 4 week suspension IMO.

The language misunderstanding I mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think 3 or 4.

Those talking about a jumper punch are seeing things. At one point Chapman goes in with an open hand and grabs the jumper, but I do reckon Yarran also mistook this for an actual punch and reacted with fire. His problem is that it was no jumper punch at all and so the neat hook - which would be a handy scoring punch in any boxing ring - was a whole different level than the push and shove before it.

FWIW I think that comments along the lines that this is ok - ie it's ok to clock someone with a hook if they engage you in push-and-shove is exactly why the AFL wants it stamped out. You can almost see the mums watching and thinking maybe little johnny should play soccer or basketball after all. It happens. I coach at a junior footy club and I see it - mums especially but also some dads just don't want their kids getting clocked. The world is changing, footy clubs are now routinely fielding girls teams, excessive drinking is being frowned upon and squeezed out. The days when punches were celebrated are gone. Pining for those days just demonstrates a failure to understand this evolution.

Similar to every Essendon fan who wants Yarran to be hung for a relatively minor offence.

Check the synonyms for 'two'. I'm right, two is not multiple. Multiple is alway more than two. Two is couple, bilateral, double, pair, duet, double, duo, etc. None are multiple. Multiple is the next level.
Yarran gets 4.

You get the same. Pleading guilty to being a moron early, gets you down to 3

This is going way off-topic and I don't think I should have justify my use of "multiple" instead of two. Especially when my use of the word was correct.

You are right. Your use of the word multiple alone is perfectly fine.

It was this you were being asked to justify.

Carlton fans on their board suggesting that he should try playing the race card, even though there is no actual evidence or reports (other than rumors) that any such nonsense occurred.

You stay classy Carlton.

Yeah totally, all 1 of them.

I really missed a trick in my post not denoting that 1 brave soul dared to speak against it. The fact that a disgusting suggestion like that only attracted the ire of one poster in the thread and still remains unmoderated is a testament to the decency (or lack thereof) of the common Carlton supporter.

The use of the word multiple to defend that was questioned, not so much the word multiple itself.

Happy to move on. Just pointing out the first two posts were kind of offensive and unnecessary.

You do realise that the tribunal can't consider a previous report that he got off though right? If someone is commenting on a likely sentence and uses Yarran's clean record as a reason for getting a lighter sentence, then arguing the point about him being clean by raising a report where he got off is fairly moot.
Oh so he has been reported in the past now???

The argument changing is doing my head in.

Oh so he has been reported in the past now???

The argument changing is doing my head in.

Do try to keep up. I never changed my argument. Another poster suggested his clean record would help him. The Pearce Hanley report from last year was brought up as proof he wasn't clean. The other poster had not remembered that report and frankly neither did I. We probably both had an overall impression that Yarran doesn't go in for this sort of thing generally. Then I noted that he got off that report so the point about his clean record helping him still stands .... unless of course there was an actual suspension I also don't recall.

Point is, suggesting he had a clean record was fairly innocuous in the first place and certainly not worthy of quoting with ridicule and highlighting the Hanley report, especially since he got off that one.

If people want to hunt in packs, at least make sure there is some meat on the argument. The immature responses and point scoring detract far too much from the actual discussion.

Please, jumper punches are hardly the same thing. A "punch" to the face from a few inches away with a fist full of jumper hardly has the same potential to cause harm as a proper jab or hook thrown by somebody who obviously knows how to throw a punch.

Comparing it to a jumper punch is moronic.

Yeah nah. You can certainly give someone a decent jumper punch if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back