Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Bennell to another $500k player would be too sideways and unnecessary ATM.... doesn't mean he couldn't get the flick for the Krak, who could very well average the same scores...... food for thought?!

So what do I do here......
Newnes to Roberton, then Wines to get Selwood?
Or downgrade GOODES to a cheaper rook, then get Selwood?
Wines to a player under $570k?
Bennell to Krak, Wines to Selwood??

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Cheers :)
I don't mean to sound rude, but this must be nearly the 12th time you've asked basically the same thing since Sunday night...

reversed my trades from last week and need to use two this week,

Bartel for Bonts
Yarran for Smith.

Has to be done unless there are better options, not seeing them unless blind.

Bartel for Bonts
Yarran for Smith.

Those options look good to me.

Bartel for Bonts
Yarran for Smith.

Looks pretty good to me

Im sorry, Ill cool it :)
It's fine to ask questions, but just realise anything can happen and people can only offer opinions.
For what it's worth, as I think I may have said to you before, the safest option is to go guys like Selwood rather than a guy like Neale. However, Neale could average 120 from here on and Selwood could hurt his back this week and play through it all year and average 90 like Griffen last year. No one can see the future. This year I picked Buddy ahead of guys like Lids, goddard and Bartel, despite many going for some of the others. I just had a gut feel that Buddy was the best pick, and at this stage he has been. However, he could have just as easily started the year like he did last year. Last year I traded Petrie in after he started poor, thinking he would turn it around, and he ended up going worse than he already was.

The point is, while it's fine getting opinions off others to help build your own opinion, as everyone does, in the end it's you that makes the trades. I would suggest trialing one scenario, and if you don't like the look of it once the players are in then hit the reverse trades button. It worked well for me last week, I ended up bringing in Sloane and NVB instead of Smith and Bonts because I didn't liike the look of Bonts replacing GAJ and putting two of Ox, Saad and Mcintosh on the bench looked unnecessary.

Sorry that ended up a lot longer than intended

Would be better to wait another week for Krakouer just in case he spuds it this week. Langfords not going to lose too much cash. Think you would be better being patient with your upgrades - who will you be cashing in to do your 2 upgrades. Odds will be they will still have money to make beyond next week

Thanks for your help, agreed i may just wait a week to make trades see if krakouer has another big one and his BE also wait as majority of my rookies are due to increase in price as well.
Would you make a trade, feels like MARIC is really not improving maybe to Goldstein?

It's fine to ask questions, but just realise anything can happen and people can only offer opinions.
For what it's worth, as I think I may have said to you before, the safest option is to go guys like Selwood rather than a guy like Neale. However, Neale could average 120 from here on and Selwood could hurt his back this week and play through it all year and average 90 like Griffen last year. No one can see the future. This year I picked Buddy ahead of guys like Lids, goddard and Bartel, despite many going for some of the others. I just had a gut feel that Buddy was the best pick, and at this stage he has been. However, he could have just as easily started the year like he did last year. Last year I traded Petrie in after he started poor, thinking he would turn it around, and he ended up going worse than he already was.

The point is, while it's fine getting opinions off others to help build your own opinion, as everyone does, in the end it's you that makes the trades. I would suggest trialing one scenario, and if you don't like the look of it once the players are in then hit the reverse trades button. It worked well for me last week, I ended up bringing in Sloane and NVB instead of Smith and Bonts because I didn't liike the look of Bonts replacing GAJ and putting two of Ox, Saad and Mcintosh on the bench looked unnecessary.

Sorry that ended up a lot longer than intended

All good buddy, I appreciate your time and honesty. I believe gut feel plays a large role in this game, and sometimes being different is what is required to separate the 50,000 ranks and the 5,000 ranks and the 500 ranks. If we all take each others advice, we will all end up with the same teams, and that's not going to stand above the pack. I guess asking questions reinforces what we already assume to know, but it can backfire like you said (ie Ppl who traded Bont or Bartel in last week).

Anyways, what should I do here?

IM JOKING!!!! DONT ANSWER THIS TIME ;):cool:

B: Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Saad, McIntosh, Oxley (Goodes,Brown)

M: Fyfe, Pendles, Jelwood, Griffen, Steven, Rich, NVB, CEY (Heeney, AVB, Lambert)

R: Goldstein, TBC (Read)

F: Swan, Martin, Franklin Bont, Salem, Hogan (Clark, Lonie)

27 trades left, $279,700 in the bank

Really want to get Sloane into my side, potentially gets me more points, and with the Crows great run, a C option, so am thinking:

Griffen> Sloane

Thoughts?

I'd say hold for Rnd 4. You already have a very solid side. Ruck is solid, FWD line solid and a nice deep midfield.

More than that, GWS are playing Gold Coast, so should be a relatively even fight. May give Griffo more opportunity to dominate and GCS don't have main tagger from memory, so may allow him to get off the chains a bit. Give Griffen another couple weeks I say. He's inconsistent, but when he does have big games, he earns like no one else.

Finally, you want to avoid burning trades in the early rounds when you can. If you did this, you'd have 26 trades, which is already too light for Rnd 4. Save them, and you will thank yourself come rounds 16-17 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say hold for Rnd 4. You already have a very solid side. Ruck is solid, FWD line solid and a nice deep midfield.

More than that, GWS are playing Gold Coast, so should be a relatively even fight. May give Griffo more opportunity to dominate and GCS don't have main tagger from memory, so may allow him to get off the chains a bit. Give Griffen another couple weeks I say. He's inconsistent, but when he does have big games, he earns like no one else.

Finally, you want to avoid burning trades in the early rounds when you can. If you did this, you'd have 26 trades, which is already too light for Rnd 4. Save them, and you will thank yourself come rounds 16-17 :)

As a first year player, why do you need so many trades after the bye?

Thanks for your help, agreed i may just wait a week to make trades see if krakouer has another big one and his BE also wait as majority of my rookies are due to increase in price as well.
Would you make a trade, feels like MARIC is really not improving maybe to Goldstein?

Maric to Goldy is a bit sideways, however Goldy looks like the best ruck choice this year so maybe an ok idea - if you're going to do it then I'd get it done this week. If I recall your team you had a lot of rookies not playing so I'd be prioritising getting in some rookies who will generate cash. The better options seem like they will be on the bubble next week though. maybe if you can hold this week unless you will cop a donut. You'll benefit at the end of the year with saving a trade

It just offers a lot of flexibility. We will have to make probably 6+ trades in the next month to trade out value-peaked rookies + another couple for potential injuries, you've already burned a lot for required trades. By saving any now, you give yourself lives for after bye rounds. The worst thing you want is to have an injured premium in Rnd 20, and have no trades to swap.

Another way of thinking is that we have 30 trades over 23 rounds. If you used two trades a Rnd, you would only make it to rnd 15, leaving you 8 rounds short. You need to make up those missing 8 rounds (or 16 trades) early, as they become trump cards in the late rounds.

So it's always better to advise caution early on. Rookie supercoaches (I myself am guilty in prior seasons) will chip into their trade reserve each round early, which inevitably leaves you short by round 15-16. Resist the temptation to make those sideways trades. In prior seasons, you only had 20 trades, so it was SUPER important to be stingy when trading early. So at least we have 30 now ;)

The best supercoaches I've known are generally the ones who stick to their guns and are SUPER stingy with trades early on. I know one mate, who was top 1000 last year and he's even kept GAJ, and still sitting on 30 trades. Guy is tighter than a nun's proverbial when it comes to his early trades.

Additional: I have Griffo in my side, so share your pain. But Griffo kinda is annoying generally. He'll have a couple meh rounds, and then BOOM, has a huge couple and its weeks like those, you'll love having him in your side. It will happen. He's at least averaging 90, and doing this while playing poorly. He should come good.

Don't like what I've done that much but can't afford Hunt without screwing team unless I do it this week and leave Goodes on bench.

KK > Hunt
Bartel > Swan

Next week will get Krak in for sure, and work out what to do with Goodes then.

Injuries mainly. I had (I think) 3 trades last year reserved for the last 3 rounds, bingo 6 or 7 premos out in 3 weeks and I copped a few donuts in the final round - I think I had about 1.5-2 mil of premos on the bench not playing that week.

All good buddy, I appreciate your time and honesty. I believe gut feel plays a large role in this game, and sometimes being different is what is required to separate the 50,000 ranks and the 5,000 ranks and the 500 ranks. If we all take each others advice, we will all end up with the same teams, and that's not going to stand above the pack. I guess asking questions reinforces what we already assume to know, but it can backfire like you said (ie Ppl who traded Bont or Bartel in last week).

Anyways, what should I do here?

IM JOKING!!!! DONT ANSWER THIS TIME ;):cool:
Haha too easy mate. Like I said though, I'm not trying to stop you from asking questions or anything, just that asking the same thing heaps of times won't be productive.

Plus there is so much luck. Nearly everyone started with at least one of Wines, Griffen, Swallow, Neale or Steven. I had all of them in my side at various stages of the preseason, yet managed to fluke Neale, the only one that has met expectations of the lot, because he was one of the cheapest and I needed the extra cash :cool:

Haha too easy mate. Like I said though, I'm not trying to stop you from asking questions or anything, just that asking the same thing heaps of times won't be productive.

Plus there is so much luck. Nearly everyone started with at least one of Wines, Griffen, Swallow, Neale or Steven. I had all of them in my side at various stages of the preseason, yet managed to fluke Neale, the only one that has met expectations of the lot, because he was one of the cheapest and I needed the extra cash :cool:
Thinking of trading Griffen for Neale, but feel it's to sideways/chasing points

What do you see Neale averaging in 2015?

Thinking of trading Griffen for Neale, but feel it's to sideways/chasing points

What do you see Neale averaging in 2015?
If he can keep up this sort of form, somewhere between 105-110 should be fairly acheivable. He score 96 and 108 I think in the first two weeks from 22 and 24 disposals, before last weeks 170 from 42 or something

Wines -> Bont
Newnes -> Hodge
148k in the bank

or simply

Wines -> Sloane

tumblr_mwu749hrKg1t0vkc1o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back