Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Saj, on this.

I have tried the last week or so to increase my fats by having more avocado, almonds and actually had some beef in a stuffed capsicum but it left me feeling crappy. Fats are obviously important, I just don't feel brilliant having fats as a dominate source.

I had a cheat day Saturday and it took me until yesterday to feel like it had eradicated out of my system, my stomach felt s**t and bloated and I felt a lot more sloppy. I am going to scale down my cheat day even further this week, I will stick with fruit toast and latte on Saturday morning but will still run with chicken breast and greens during the day before easing of a little in the evening to chill out and watch some sport.

Since I have been predominately paleo my running has actually improved, my 2km time trial is at 7:42 which is 10 seconds better than what I was doing pre paleo. When I run I feel noticeably better as well, I feel tighter. I'm benching 110kgs fairly comfortably which gives me confidence I haven't lost any strength, I have also recovered within 3 weeks from a minor quad nick which I received in an intra club. Not sure how much is Paleo influenced but I', sure it's having some positive effects.

PS - Had a gluten and sugar free cup cake yesterday, sooooo good, got the guilts a bit last night so smashed 4km on the tready lol.
If you're looking for weight loss, maybe limit it to a cheat meal instead of an entire day, otherwise you're probably drastically undermining your progress by taking so long to recover each week.

If you're looking for weight loss, maybe limit it to a cheat meal instead of an entire day, otherwise you're probably drastically undermining your progress by taking so long to recover each week.

Not looking for weight loss, more fat reduction. The rationale behind it is from a program given to me from a successful European guy, he has his science behind it however I cbf digging it up to show it. I'm tracking along well, just impatient with everything I do in life.

Not looking for weight loss, more fat reduction. The rationale behind it is from a program given to me from a successful European guy, he has his science behind it however I cbf digging it up to show it. I'm tracking along well, just impatient with everything I do in life.

I misread the cheat day part. If you are looking for fat loss but not overall weight loss you can completely undo your fat loss with a cheat day. Look into carb refeeds i outlined in no.4, keeping protein moderate, fats low and carbs high.

If you want purchase Lyle McDonalds Ultimate Diet 2.0.

Finally your body weight will drop overall, its very hard (naturally of course) to drop body fat and increase lean muscle. Hell just incerasing lean muscle in a surplus is difficult for some. When dieting, dropping bodyfat well be more than the tiny amounts of muscle you could possibly gain.

I had a 'muscle milk protein' drink the other day the other day and it was quite tasty. However, the ingredients list was massive! Half of them I'd never heard of before. Does anyone on here know if there's anything on the ingredients list that I should really be trying to minimize my intake of:

50347-NF-MuscleMilk-1.93lbs-Banana.jpg

I've had one or two Muscle Milk's before. Not sure how good the ingredients are but they're tasty. I always make this shake, which tastes better than Muscle Milk IMO, but that may be because I have it all the time:

1 cup almond milk
1 scoop whey protein (I use chocolate or cookies and cream)
1 frozen banana
1 tbs of natural peanut butter
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 servings of stevia
1 handful of ice

Blended in a Mix & Go.

I've had one or two Muscle Milk's before. Not sure how good the ingredients are but they're tasty. I always make this shake, which tastes better than Muscle Milk IMO, but that may be because I have it all the time:

1 cup almond milk
1 scoop whey protein (I use chocolate or cookies and cream)
1 frozen banana
1 tbs of natural peanut butter
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 servings of stevia
1 handful of ice

Blended in a Mix & Go.
Spew. Just dominates the flavour.

According to the Merck Manual, a child would need to consume over 300,000IU of pre-formed vitamin A, the level found in 3 kilos of liver, to reach toxicity levels.

The baby formula recipe in Pete Evans' cookbook calls for 25 grams of liver and yields one liter of formula.

An infant would have to drink 120 LITERS of formula in a single day to ingest a toxic dose.

According to the Merck Manual, a child would need to consume over 300,000IU of pre-formed vitamin A, the level found in 3 kilos of liver, to reach toxicity levels.

The baby formula recipe in Pete Evans' cookbook calls for 25 grams of liver and yields one liter of formula.

An infant would have to drink 120 LITERS of formula in a single day to ingest a toxic dose.
Never let the facts stand in the way of a good old fashioned shake down.

I had a 'muscle milk protein' drink the other day the other day and it was quite tasty. However, the ingredients list was massive! Half of them I'd never heard of before. Does anyone on here know if there's anything on the ingredients list that I should really be trying to minimize my intake of:

50347-NF-MuscleMilk-1.93lbs-Banana.jpg

I can't find one good ingredient in it , it's all junk, do your insides a favour n bin it.

Yeah they're after Evans big time, see how the found a BS excuse to delay his book release by questioning his natural baby formula yet they don't question the store bought Nestle baby formula that's full of soy n other foreign substances, F'ing joke.
They'll keep picking at little things to try n get inside his head.
You mean the 'natural' baby formula that will KILL BABIES if you feed them too much?

The one that they lied about claiming it matches the 'nutrient profile' of mothers milk?

Yeah. Those little things. Poor widdle Petey is being bullied!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they're after Evans big time, see how the found a BS excuse to delay his book release by questioning his natural baby formula yet they don't question the store bought Nestle baby formula that's full of soy n other foreign substances, F'ing joke.
They'll keep picking at little things to try n get inside his head.

The baby formula issue killing babies was one of the biggest media beat ups of all time, total BS with not one bit of scientific fact to back it up. I have to laugh at all the fools who fell for it, but then again they are just happy to sit on the anti Pete Evans bandwagon without having any actual idea about the formula in the first place.

How does any single person feel good eating McDoanld's 3x per day? I eat it once and feel s**t after and then won't eat it again for another month or two.
It was an urban legend that Bolt eats deep fried nuggets in the days leading up to a race because he knows the chances of food poisoning are zero given the processed, super-cooked nature of them. It was one of the talking points of the London Games.
I'm certain his actual diet is substantially different.

If anyone has heard of the 'Michael Phelps diet' then they'd know most of these 'athlete diets' that are published are a load of crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back