2015 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game that was! The Ducks never make it easy, I am not sure how many of these games I can take.

Rakell was very good tonight, deserved that goal.

Wow wee! Rutherford is losing/has lost the plot in Pittsburgh.

Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too

General manager Jim Rutherford lost his cool after the Penguins' 2-1 loss to the New York Rangers on Monday night to fall within two defeats of a first-round elimination in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

After exiting a media elevator and while walking with other reporters to the Penguins' dressing room, Rutherford addressed this columnist, a frequent critic since his hiring last June, in an obscenity-laced diatribe.

“Thanks for your support,” Rutherford said repeatedly.

“You're a (expletive) jerk,” Rutherford said repeatedly.

Rutherford followed the jerk comment with a suggestion to “go sell ice cream now,” then a challenge to look him in the eye, which I did while explaining my role as Trib Total Media's lead sports columnist.

My role is to provide opinion.

“Well, your opinion is (expletive),” Rutherford said.

As (expletive) as my opinion might be, it remains that Rutherford has botched an attempted retooling of the Penguins. If this unfortunate incident is any indication, he lacks the poise necessary to move that project foward.

Had a good chuckle at Vigneault and some NYR MSM bozos complaining about the Penguins trying to run or "disturb" Lundqvist.

Haven't noticed much besides one Lundqvist sold on Crosby. Once Optimus Klein is back in front of him the extra curricular activities will simmer down.

Kevin+Klein+New+York+Rangers+v+Philadelphia+M56fu1uoj05l.jpg

Chicago/Nashville on Fox tomorrow :thumbsu:

Wow wee! Rutherford is losing/has lost the plot in Pittsburgh.

Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
Don't believe everything you read. This is a selection of tweets following the 'incident' from another Pens reporter, Dejan Kovacevic.

For the record, anyone portraying some Rutherford tirade is flat-out wrong. I was next-closest person and could barely hear him 5 feet away.
This was a conversation being held between two people clearly intended to be exactly that. Portraying the GM as vocally blowing up is a lie.
I've been yelled at far worse. Was told to go ---- myself by Pirates player two years ago in front of whole team. Had bat swung at me.
Never ONCE wrote about any of those or let it affect my coverage or what readers really wanted to read about, which is their favorite teams.
Larger issue here: One media outlet in town has a major hatchet out for one of the teams it covers. That's a real problem.
And I actually can't believe it took @Penguins this long to act on it. Impossible to defend things that are pure fiction day after day.
I hate talking about stuff like this in public. But watching this thing turn against the people targeted all year long with lies ... wow.

Keep in mind that Kovacevic is more biased in favour of the current Pens administration, so I wouldn't take everything he says as gospel, either. But the most important thing to remember in all this is that Rob Rossi is like that squealing kid at school who runs to the teacher making s**t up just to get attention. He's a disgraceful 'reporter' and should be run out of town. It always makes my skin crawl when radio stations in Toronto call him for comment about something going on in Pittsburgh because he's a name. He's a ******* clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Civil war in Pittsburgh! ;)

Agreed about Rossi, heard many interviews with him and he's always either dour or fired up about the downfall of the Penguins.

Good to have at least two different media outlets in a city, something Adelaide and Perth, as examples, are missing.

Keep in mind that Kovacevic is more biased in favour of the current Pens administration, so I wouldn't take everything he says as gospel, either. But the most important thing to remember in all this is that Rob Rossi is like that squealing kid at school who runs to the teacher making s**t up just to get attention. He's a disgraceful 'reporter' and should be run out of town. It always makes my skin crawl when radio stations in Toronto call him for comment about something going on in Pittsburgh because he's a name. He's a ******* clown.

Sounds like the Rucci of the NHL

This, of course, hasn't been confirmed. medical stretcher/off to hospital led to speculation of much worse/scarier than a broken rib so hopefully it is only that

Going to be waiting a while if you're waiting for an NHL team to confirm or be specific about an injury.

Renaud Lavoie (TVA) says broken rib, good enough for me, sounds like they were worried about internal injuries hence off to the hospital on a stretcher and ambulance, sounds like Burrows is clear of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back